Can someone please explain to me Spanish soccer teams' obsession with red stripes?

Can someone please explain to me Spanish soccer teams' obsession with red stripes?
//
Puede alguien explica a mí la obsesión de los partidos de fútbol españoles con rayas rojas?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George's_Cross
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Valencia and Villarreal doesn't use red stripes in uniforms. They are in crest as reference to Valencian Community, their region.

Barcelona uniforms are blue/wine because first club uniforms were bought from Basel with same colours of Basel

Athletic Bilbao first uniforms were bought in England and were like Sunderland uniforms

Atlético Madrid was founded after Bilbao counterpart and was inspired by your "older brother".

Sporting Gijón and Sevilla, I don't know.

they have an obsession with blue vertical stripes as well
>real sociedad
>alavés
>espanyol
>deportivo da coruña
>recreativo huelva
>málaga
>leganés

and then you have Betis

those are the colors of their region, andalucía
córdoba is another andaluz team that wears green and white

the blue and white stripes teams are scattered all over spain, which I find curious

i just don't get the bat in Valencia crest.

but it is ok i guess they think bats are cool

It was on the crest of some Aragon king that gave Valencia independence or something

That and bats are quite common in Valencia

Why did you try to write translate what you said in spanish? Are you a Chicano?

No
//
No

But Betis colors are older than the flag of Andalucia

The king that reconquered the city form the moors entered in the city throught a cave that was full of bats

>Every away kit = some kind of yellow

So many colour clashes in Spain

The flag of the autonomous community of Andalusia is ahistorical, it was conceived by a clueless politician in the early XX century and officially adopted as late as 1982.

Why does Milan have the English flag in their logo?

Because Milan is in England, Ahmed.

st. ambrose cross
flag of city of milan

>they have an obsession with blue vertical stripes as well
Just showing patrician taste, desu

an english expatriot founded AC Milan iirc

That's the flag of Genova

Still not watching your league, Tiago

The flag of the city of Gijon is a white square with red borders so that explains the red. As for the stripes I dont know.

That's ok, as long as you gib us cod

Barcelona has red and yellow stripes because muh Catalonia

Also, I think even further back that was the colors of Kingdom of Aragon, which occupied something like one third of current Iberian Spain before Castile and Leon took over.

Oh, didn't know that. I guess they simply have good taste.

is there a thread where I don't have to see you and your shitty frogs?
get lost, tripeiro

The origin of Sevilla stripes is unknown. Sporting de Gijón is because the colors of the city flag are white and red (also they were the first ones to wear that uniform)

barcelona has red and blue stripes, not red and yellow, dumbass

the rest are symbols of the location (the barcelona st george's cross and the catalonian flag), just like you see it in the valencia and villarreal crests, and others that include other location details (like atletico's bear)

>barcelona has red and blue stripes, not red and yellow, dumbass
he's talking about their crest, Ramón

quality thread

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_George's_Cross

>reference to Valencian Community
more like reference to the crown of aragon and the house of the barcelona count

Jaume I king of Aragon and Count of Barcelona had a dragon on the helmet
He conquered Valencia from the moors and make it a kingdom wich he was also the king.
King of Aragon, Valencia, Mallorca and Count of Barcelona
For some reason the dragon got morhphed into a bat in the valencian mithology
Valencians like to change stuff

The Count of Barcelona married the daughter of the Aragon King making the Aragon CROWN

>tfw no castillan teams wearing violet

Yes

C H I
H
I

Valladolid mate

Puede alguien explica a mí la obsesión de los partidos de fútbol ingleses con ser eliminados de la Champions League?

pretty simple, they're shit

hooray soccer

Puede alguien decirme por qué la obsesión de los equipos argentinos con las Falklands

Puede alguien explica a mí y u so fat?

Por qué so culo dolido?

>st. ambrose cross

absolutely haram, how am I to buy their product if it has, may Allah forgive me for uttering this word, a cross?

Reminder that, if the people on the Falkland want to remain English, then the islands are English, no matter how geographically near your country they are

Eres estupido. Leer de nuevo el Post del OP.

Valladolid, and in minor degree, Real Madrid.

BTW, Betis, Cordoba, and Andalusia flags come from Almoravid green flags

St George isn't even real you spastic.

The green color from andalucia comes from islam obviously, just as the name al andalus and all your cool architecture and the blood of andaluceans come from muslim domination.

Pretty good.

Sevilla is probably in reference to the colors of the city. Sporting... no idea desu.

>you now know that FC Barcelona was founded by a swiss guy called Johan Gamper

What is Real Madrid and Real Valladolid?

The colours of Castille are red and white though, the meme violet happened as a wear out of red ensign into violet that eventually memed its way into a 'castillian color'

Doesn't it have to do with the 2nd Republic?

Exactly. The violet stripe was supposed to represent Castille, because some absolute faggot taking a look at old ensigns that had worn out the red into violet with the passing of time thought that ever was the colour of Castille-Leon associated with the Comuneros de Castilla in early XVI century, right at the time when we got Habsburgered

stfu muslim cunt

Its AC Milan btw, how are we supposed to tell the difference between them and Inter Milan?

PROTIP: All posts about football made by an American flag are from chicanos.

Real Americans don't care about football.