ITT: 2 albums in 1 year

ITT: 2 albums in 1 year

are you 15 kek

insert le death grips meme here xD

and theyre both shit, what a surprise

DEth GRIPS IS ONLINE XDXD Upvote me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hendrix
Deerhunter
The list could go on

Frank Zappa in 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1972, 1979, 1983, and 1984 (counting only studio albums)

and they did it three times technically

imagine comparing this brockhampton garbage to Bowie, Sabbath and Tim Buckley...

nothing on that chart is being compared

Why were artists so much more prolific in the 60s? I feel like yearly releases was common for most bands, if not more than one a year.

But Bowie and Buckley are garbage

Buckley is fucking golden compared to almost all artists

>17 releases in a year

How about 3 albums in one year?

Also, FUCK King Gizzard!

How about 3?

Herbie, nigger! And they're all amazing, too

Rush: Fly by night - Careless of steel (75)
Yes: Yes album - Fragile (71)

you're envious, Brockhampton is the most interesting thing to happen in music in 2017, like it or not, theres levels to it.

>Brockhampton is the most interesting thing to happen in music in 2017
You have to be 18 or older to post here

fukkkkkk offffffff

He took the gripspill, and you can too.

>hating something because others like it
contrarian. Tell me why you don't like them, why are you making claims about random user's age. Because you can't list any reasons for not liking them?

The EP where all the songs from both albums are played at the same time is pretty cool too.

I didn't say I don't like them but for saying that some overhyped pop rap is the most interesting thing in music this year you must either be very easy to impress or underage

You don't find it impressive that like 10 young musicians form a musical group that gels with a new sound/style, AND has personality? IDK I mean there were other good albums this year too, no doubt, but the emergence of brockhampton is for sure up there.

I'm 25, music producer and i'm 100000000 times more talented than you. Brockhampton is important for the hip hop music making in 2017 and indie artists.

You're a parasite.

Literally a nobody you can only contribite to my and their success, you white trash.

To be honest I don't see much that's see what's supposed to be so new or fresh about their music. It feels like an update of the Odd Future formula and not much else. Brockhampton actually sounds pretty stale to projects like Thot Breaker or Beautiful Thugger Girls. Those put a more unique spin on what hiphop can be in 2017.

So, every artist before 1966?

the coming up of them, theres one dude who participates on Brockhampton that was a forum mate with me, Brockhampton is familiar, its some dudes from a community familiar to me.
It'll could be me, that niggas just look like me.

I now they putting more and representing more than alot of 'mainstream indie acts'...

Even if they aren't perfecf. They represent, they stimulate, they make me and others believe.

Chill dude. I don't even hate on Brockhampton. I'm just saying they're not all that.

Really? I feel like their sound is so unique to everything currently popular and out there. Like mumble rap and just the usual trap shit. They are almost the opposite of Odd Future in music imo, because Odd Future tried to be lyrically edgy (like XXX) and didn't have as much raw talent as the dudes in brockhampton. All the members of brockhampton all have their own unique styles, and because the group is so large, they can jump in and the quality of the bars doesn't go down. Sure someone might outshine everyone a little on a track, but it isn't like oddfuture- basically all rapping being carried by tyler, and then earl. I also get a "white-collar" feel from Brockhampton.

Thot Breaker formulaic drill, more of the same for chief keef

Thuggers Girls average, average basic and shallow, not horrific nut not a step a way from jeffery album and his past releases

Brockhampton is not Odd Future 2.0, its a flawed DIY-ly altogeter rap group thats the fun of it, its until now maybe more genuine.

Yes they're not all that also because they don't have a big record label backing them up with producers and songwriters.

And they aren't forced by music journalists like Future and Young Thug.

Agreed, the output aren't absolute incredible, but is good well put together and more important and creative than most mainstream rappers in 2017 thats the truth.

They're not all that, so are Future and Young Thug aren't all that.

I can see, the authorship of Brockhampton add more points ahead of all these shit like Lil Peep and Ski Mask for exemple, dudes like xxxtentacion, literal trash, Crunkcore tier for childrean and idiots.

Just jumping in to this argument, I'm a music producer 1000000000 times more talented than you and if you think that Brockhampton is the most relevant hip hop group/artist that contrast the SoundCloud and mumble rap scene, then you are just wrong dude. They are far from the best or relevant in that category

Their lyrical content is very different, I'll give you that. But like I said, beat-wise it feels like a continuation of what OddFuture did, just done in a more contemporary style. And yes, it sounds different from mumble rap and trap but not particularly new (keep in mind that OF also sounded different when they first started making waves). I mean, numerous alt rap artists have been doing similar stuff in recent years, Brockhampton just managed to make it more appealing to a bigger audience and therefore gain more exposure. Also, while none of the guys in Brockhampton is a particularly bad rapper, no one comes close to Tyler's or Earl's abilities (or Frank's for that matter). In the end it's just fun music for the kids. Let them have fun with it, sure. But it's far from a musical revelation.

I'm not saying that it's Odd Future 2.0 but they definitely owe a lot of their popularity to concepts OF pioneered in this decade. Not necessarily musical concepts but the way they do this DIY/collective thing to get themselves out there.

You're being naive when you think there's absolutely no shilling involved. They're being marketed towards people like you that are tired of Future, etc. but are too lazy to dig deeper. Also, being the most creative force in rap doesn't mean anything in 2017 desu

Didn't CCR release like 7 albums across 2 years?