Warcraft fans/loremasters and WoWfags of Sup Forums...

Warcraft fans/loremasters and WoWfags of Sup Forums, I come here seeking answers to questions that I've long had for years.

I played the original Warcraft all the way to bloody Frozen Throne. It thought it was the best lore I've ever experienced, next to Lord of the Rings.

However, when Blizzard decided to continue the story of Warcraft online via World of Warcraft, that's when I cursed Blizzard for being a massive faggot and completely abandoned the franchise. Although I still play the original Warcraft I to III, I NEVER touched the MMORPG version which is WoW. It's not because of money, but because of time constraints. I am quite old with a lot of responsibilities (job, family, kids, bills, etc) so I don't have time to play MMORPGs like what I used to do back in the day.

So can anyone please catch me up on what's happening, I mean, lore-wise? Can someone break it down for me what happened after The Frozen Throne? What happened to Arthas? Illidan? Thrall? Cairne? Tyrande? Malfurion and the other pivotal characters? Can someone please provide information on how the story panned out after Frozen Throne? I am VERY interested but I swore to myself never to play or touch WoW. With all these crazy, stupid expansions coming out on WoW, I won't be surprised if they already butchered the story.

Hell, I heard from a friend that Sylvannas became Warchief of the Horde. I seriously pissed my pants. That's like an Alliance King becoming leader of the undead commanding murlocs. Jesus Christ.

Come on, people. Give me something.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TcZyiYOzsSw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Legit?
Alright I'll green text it.
Give me a sec.

While I wait for you faggots to fill me in, I'll dump some loli and hentai pussy.

>giving a shit about lore after panda land

They make shit up now, fam

Bump for interest. I played till Lich King, anything past that I consider it mumbo jumbo

Damn, I remember the good times where I used to exclusively play Warcraft I to III just because of the story. It NEVER gets old. I keep repeating the game just for the story itself.

Game pretty much left on a cliffhangers by the end I've no idea what happened to the rest of the characters of the invasion of the burning legion.

I mean, I know Thrall established Orgrimmar and Jaina became somewhat like a queen of human refugees because her father was a faggot. But then after that, there's nothing else.

They make shit up now? As apposed to what?
They've always made this shit up lmao

Oh man, I was in a similar situation after I cut playing WoW around Burning Crusade. Sometimes I browse through the wiki to see how things ended up. A friend of mine convinced me that WC lore was never as good as I remembered it to be, and in retrospect, I guess he was right. Still adored that shit as a kid.

I don't think you'll find answers here, though. Mostly 12 year olds and Ruskis these days. Try asking Sup Forums.

Its now legal for all habitants of azeroth to marry same sex, and all women must wear sharia.

Panda land? Are you fucking serious?

Although, Warcraft did have a Pandaren Brewmaster named Chen. I thought he was just some optional side-character but I heard that he played a part in the actual canon of the story. I only hear Warcraft lore news from friends who play WoW who tell me stories from time to time. Most were just butchered or summarized versions though so it's not really clear.

I'll try and get some information from Sup Forums later or tomorrow, but Sup Forums is just as good. Lot of WoWfags who lurk Sup Forums since the olden days so I don't see it as any different. In fact, there's probably a lot of WoWfags here compared there so I'll probably get more or the same answers here.

Speaking of Lich King, a friend told me that lorewise, the best expansions were Lich King and Burning Crusade. Although since I didn't play WoW, I couldn't judge myself but since he's a lorefag as well, I trust his judgement. Though it's nice to hear some outside opinions as well.

Arthas got killed at the frozen throne and bolvar fordragon is the new lich king
Kaelthas died.
Anubarak died.
Jaina lives. Her city got destroyed by a mana bomb, tho.
Illidan died but hes back fighting demons.
Cairne got killed in a duel with grom hellscream's son.
Tyrande and malfurion still cucking illidan.
Pandaria is a thing. Chen is a main storyline character.
Kiljaeden died recently.
Archimonde died.
Sylvanas Windrunner is now warchief of the horde.
Blizzard raped warcraft lore.

BC had good lore, but poor storytelling. LK was also good lore, but they upped the engagement. The LK would show up randomly to fuck shit up. And that wrathgate cinematic.

>bolvar fordragon is the new lich king

Who the hell is Vulva Fourdragons? Give me a summarized version of this character.

>Kaelthas died.

Wow! But then again, I kinda saw this one coming. This nigga switched sides a lot. How did he get killed?

>Anubarak died.

Anubarak didn't stick with me much as a character. He merely came off as Arthas' bodyguard. Not much after that aside that I knew he was the Nerubian version of Arthas.

>Jaina lives. Her city got destroyed by a mana bomb, tho.

What happened to Jaina after that? Who bombed her city?

>Illidan died but hes back fighting demons.

Who killed Illidan? How was he able to get back to life? Also, wasn't Maiev still chasing her?

>Cairne got killed in a duel with grom hellscream's son.

Grom had a son?! Whoa. Too bad about Cairne but at least he had a son.

>Tyrande and malfurion still cucking illidan.

LMAO. I feel bad for Illidan.

>Kiljaeden died recently.

How and who killed Kiljaeden? Wasn't he like the powered up version of Archimonde? I'm surprised he got killed off easily.

>Archimonde died.

Yeah, in the battle of mt. hyjal. I already know this.

Still waiting on this greentext, :(

Are you going to take forever, man?

>Horde and Alliance get rage boners
>They fight each other
>Kel'thuzad, an Old God and Deathwing's kids get their shit shoved in collectivly by the Horde and Alliance
>Their "champions" (the player character) went in to their homes, murdered them and stole all their shit
>Dark Portal wakes up
>And Illidan, A set back and Kil'jaden show up to try and stomp on the Horde and Alliance
>Get asked to quietly sit the fuck down by the champions
>Blah blah political tension
>Sudden Necropolises over main cities and massive outbreak of the plague of Undeath
>Enter the Lich King(Arthas), an other Old God, and some Dragons
>Best Expansion occurs fuck you I said it is
>Epic raids end in satisfying conclusion
>Sudden Deathwing breaks the world
>Old Gods and Dragons everywhere
>Horde and Alliance at each other's throat cause Thrall bitched out to "heal the world" - Jesus, Ex-Warchief
>Bad guys get stomped
>Guild get gutted and then Pandas
>Fucking Pandas
>More shitty political warshit turns into a Raid on Orgrimmar which was half decent
>Time Wimey bullshittery and we're back on Draenor(Outland) 30 something years in the past
>Orcs Draenei and fucking Demons errywhere
>The "Champions" manage to collect every fucking rune and god damn ogre ass in the world
>End up facing Gul'dan
>He doesn't die
>Gets back to our timeline
Yeah explain that shit
>Resurrects Illidan
>Says please get my subscribers back
>second best expansion occurs
>Demons, demons everywhere
>Fucking so many demons
>Holy shit why can't I hold all these demons
>Horde and Alliance champions team up to get the big boss of the demons to quietly take 5 mins to sit down and think about his actions
>Sudden Geo-political bullshittery and now apparently the Horde and Alliance hate each other again
Pretty shitty tbh but I love it.

Anduin is also basically Jesus

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

This is the most epic, summarized, green text version of Warcraft I've ever read. Jesus Christ, if this was Reddit, I'd have gave you fucking Gold because that was fucking brilliant.

True, they are both based off of self inserts from producers of the game.

You should never self insert into a narrative as a writer/director, you always end up making your character some sort of mary-sue.

Thanks my dude, I'm high as shit but love Warcraft and know more than I should about the lore.

just a priest Thrall is the only jesus in wow

Anduin is the Light's chosen or something the last I heard, even Velen is like "Dis dude is the Light's conduit my guys"

night elf tree gets burned and lordaeron is taken by the alliance

>Never played MMORPG wow
I didn't read the rest of your post, but if you're thinking of getting into it now, don't bother. That ship has fuckin sailed, my dude.
The time to play it would have been vanilla to wrath of the lich king. After that it all went to shit.

Legion turned it around, or at least started to. They're getting back to basics in BfA and even opening classic servers for people to go play vanilla.

Yeah but I'm calling Old Gods right now.
At least I hope, going from being Power Rangers in space to being another Mists story of le Horde vs le Alliance.

It's old.
We all end up working together in the end erry time.

>Blizzard raped warcraft lore.
>raped lore

WAAAH THINGS CHANGED WAHHHH!!!

I learned in Sup Forums that the sunwell that was drained when Kel Thuzad was revived was actually a human girl. Is this shit true?

What the fuck?

>even opening classic servers for people to go play vanilla
Where did you hear this?

They retconed so much to suit their needs

Yeah they transmuted the energy to take on the form of a young woman or some shit and a dragon fell in love with her or something.
Pretty crazy shit, Kil'jaden used it to try and come through into Azeroth only to get stomped by the champs.

By the way, whatever happened to Vashj? Wasn't she like the queen of the naga or something and Illidan's first right hand before Kael?

Yes. Vashj was in the 2nd expansion as an end boss of one of the raids. Kael was the other end boss of the same tier of content. Both hard fights for their time.

Blizzcon, it was announced before the new expansion

youtube.com/watch?v=TcZyiYOzsSw

Go to blizzards YouTube, you're out of the loop my friend.

Fucking christ 1st expansion, 2nd title, fuck it all the burning crusade expansion

bc was great, got sent my first vagoo pic from ewhore then shit was cash

Got raided in the early parts of Burning Crusade, shame really, she was a cool character.

Went to back to Outland, defeated and imprisoned illidan, killed lady vashj, killed kaelthas

Went to northrend (alliance forces led by then high paladin bolvar fordragon who was then betrayed by the horde at the wrathgate and bombarded with alchemically improved plague, thought to be dead). Muddled about doing random shit til we raided icecorwn, killed arthas, bolvar shows back up, not dead and looks like a walking lava monster, has been "purified" by alexstrasza's flame, puts on armor, sits in icethrone tells us to fuck off.

Neltharion the earth aspect went crazy turned in to deathwing, blew up half of azeroth, kill him later.

Pandas from the WC3 april fools became real thing, get there own continent and pitiful story line.

We go to an alternate timeline past version of draenor before it turns in to outland, pure orcs form iron horde and try to kill us, we kill them, then also kill archimonde.

We go back to the sunken islands where illidan got gul'dans skull and kill gul'dan from alternate timeline. We killed kil'jaeden. We go to Argus, home world of the Draenei and will be fighting the entire pantheon of the titans and defeating sargeras on November 28th.

I really hate that major characters in the Warcraft Lore are being killed off by random ass players instead of characters that are part of the real warcraft storyline. This is the reason why I also didn't play that garbage WoW.

What's this shit about Sargeras, The Fel and The Legion not really being evil after all? That they oppose this "void" and that was the real evil behind everything?

I am actually tempted to try if they're going to back to vanilla.

But wait a minute, won't you be able to access all contents of the game, also vanilla, even if you play the original expansions? Aren't they all one? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Vanilla is just the eastern kingdoms and Kalimdor

watch hiumared or whatever the fuck his sn is on youtube. He goes pretty DEEP

Arthas was killed by 10 or 25 random people. Garrosh helscream became warcheif after thrall. Cthun and yogg saron have been defeated but not killed. Sargares has been locked away permanently. Illidan was imprisoned then released. We had to defeat and imprison garrosh. Voljin was warcheif after garrosh. Voljin died and now sylvanis is warcheif. Oh yea. We went back in time and traveled to outland which was Draenor so now timeline is ducked.

Jesus Christ.

They weren't kidding when they said Blizzard butchered WoW's story.