Be me, 20

>Be me, 20
>In a group of newly formed uni friends, all are 21+
>Begin talking about living arrangements and turns out I am the only one still living at home
>They all tease and mock me
>I ask at what age did they move out
>"21"

>I ask at what age did they move out

you are supposed to tease them back... not puss up and get all defensive.

learn some fucking social skills.

ask your faggot friends what's so cool about slaving 60 hours a week at some shit job to support some shitty one bedroom apartment with little to no food to eat? Rub it back in their face that you live rent free and can spend all your hard earned money on coke and hookers.

Pretty much exactly what I said.
"Yeah but we have so much more freedom"

to do what exactly? sit in a circle jerk together eating cup-o-noodles while watching Netflix?
Find some new friends. They sound like faggots.

Agreed, and yeah I don't plan on associating myself with them in the future.

I also live at home, most of my friends live on their own.
It's kinda great, cause you live rent free, and if you wanna do fun shit away from your parents, you can just fuck up and crash at their place.

>freedom haha
>meanwhile a wage slave to pay rent

well you're also a faggot whose dependent on their parents. I too lived at home until i was 20, but it was nothing i could ever call great. The feeling of having to rely on someone else, for something I could've been doing on my own, was not great. Yes, rent free living is fucking nice, and my 'rents didn't mind me staying with them, but the lack of independence is demoralizing.

Yeah that's my exact situation at the moment, its great.

I went to a private school, so everyone was fkn rich, and no one I know moved out and started renting. You save money living at home, simple as that.

this

I live at home as well. My parents are super chill, let me sleep in and I get good old fashioned home cooked meals. Rent free too. I wouldn't have it any other way. A lot of people would disagree but I love my folks.

what the fuck do you think your parents are? Do not take your provider for granted. They are likely wageslaves, like most people. You are pushing them further into this whole. It is nothing to be proud of, though sometimes necessary based on ones point in life.

maybe because you're an insecure cunt

maybe you're a lazy faggot

maybe I am, fuck my ass

You're going to a university shitty enough that most of the students are from close enough to live at home. That's your problem.

"Rent free at home"
Good one guys.
The only reason i haven't moved out is because i would be paying the same or more to live with roommates, and i can't afford a decent place with my wage slave grocery job. Finding a place that allows pets really drops the list down as well.

...what

Coming from a parent: move the fuck out! We spend a third of our life providing for you lame bitches preparing you to be independent and able to take care of yourselves. We might not say too much about it, but if anyone has ever suggested you get a job, trust me, they are all thinking the same thing: "holy shit... Please just grow some balls and move out already." We don't mind taking care of family, but at some point it becomes freeloading.

I have suggested to my parents that maybe I should move out and all they said was "Why? What is the point?"

I don't see the point in moving out until after my degree is finished anyway.

We also feel ashamed in front of family, friends, and neighbours that know we are the ones with the failure still living at home.

At a good national university, or even a primary/main campus state school, most students are not from the town the school is in and therefore can't live with their parents. OP is going to the local just-above-community-college grade uni where everyone is from the same shithole town as him.

Oh no I had no idea my parents wanted me to move out.

I'll go get my suitcase and dive head-first into mr shekel's coal mine.

As you can see it depends on the caretakers perspective. Though it is pretty stupid that some parents don't push their kids to get work.

I'm not a parent, but do it for your fucking dignity's sake. Does it feel good to be freeloading off of your parents?

Grow up you fucking child.

Caring about the gossip of other people like you're in 2nd grade is probably the exact reason why your "failure" of a child takes advantage of you.

I can't speak for everyone, but I only take advantage of my parents because I have no respect for them.

I have 3 jobs actually, and I always help my parents whenever they need some sort of financial assistance.

fuck you dad, go to bed

I'm talking mostly about the kids that refuse to get a job, even though they have time. Going to school? That's cool, as long as you do well, just don't come back crying because your retarded video game design degree was only good for Panera bread or some stupid shit like that. Failure at first is also expected, as it serves a good lesson in how the world works. So you get a freebie and get to move back in for a little while, but the welcome will wear out very... fucking...quick.

Good for you user. That sounds like a responsible kids that appreciates their parents.

There's no such thing as "dignity", there's nothing to gain.

Oh wow, you mean people will look at me as a normal person with a job?

That's fucking incredible, I'll throw myself into being assraped by our kike overlords as soon as possible.

Can't wait to be sitting in an apartment alone playing csgo instead of sitting in my room alone playing csgo, it'll be so much better.

As long as you and all the other small minded gossiping cucks don't say mean things about me.

Your parents will always be your parents: they want whats best for you; to make you happy. No parent wants their child to be as miserable as they are in their daily routine of slavecuckery, but your fate is inevitable. You will be your parents, one way or another. They will no longer be able to support you, whether their excuse be financially true or not. It may not come today, or tomorrow, or next week, but be ready for the eventual boot out the fucking door into the welcoming arms of everything your parents, and every other functioning member of society, has gone through.

Don't give a fuck what other people think. Do what's best for you in your current situation. Make a goal. Work everyday to achieve that goal. You will have your own house in time; if that's what you want. Be patient.

Of course it's inevitable, you can't beat mr shekels.

But I'm not throwing myself into hell because people want me to.

It's as black and white as "approval of others" or "happiness" for me and a lot of people.

it has nothing to do with how others think of me. I, and most other people, don't want to burden someone else. I live on my own for myself - not for anyone else. I feel shitty thinking of someone else doing what I could be doing, just so I could sit on my ass all day. I don't give fuck what others think, and thats why I sit around drunk all day, playing vidya. If you really don't give a shit about your parents lives so you can avoid working for some heeb, then you're a piece of shit.

You're a decent human being, faggot.

>tfw making $150k+ annually
>tfw still live with mommy

first post best post

anything else in engaging in mental masturbation

If your parents really don't you staying with them, then stay with them. I have felt, my entire life, a need to strive for independence from them. I wish I could live with them, but it would drive me into a darker place

>Being this sour
Your pathetic
Get out of your mom's basement

>it has nothing to do with how others think of me

Except it obviously does, since you directly explain that you work because of other people.

You've just twisted it into "I do it because I'm good" instead of "I do it so people don't think I'm bad."

I don't think you understand the concept of giving zero shits about what anyone else thinks.

Hmm i always get defensive. Id like to have sick bantz with my bros though. How to acquire these skills? I think im too nice

Do I give a shit if someone thinks I'm an alki, or a peice of garbage? No

Do I care if someone is burdened by my direct alcoholic actions? Yes.

Theres a major difference between what one thinks of me, and how my actions effect them. Ones feelings or perceptions of me doesn't effect them unless they want it too. My direct actions, such theoretically refusing to move from my parents home, thus being a burden on their life, does bother me.

Be comfortable with your position in life. You're taking things personal because you feel you lack control and can't do anything about it. You're not the victim so don't act like it

Fine, I'll change my wording, since you're really sticking with this.

I'm not affected by the thoughts or feelings of others, there's no logical reason to be.

I do what's best for myself, and if that means sitting here and milking the opportunity I've been given, then I'm going to keep doing it.

Move out at 18 right after high school. Already too late for you. An hero asap