Give me good reasons why I should be a Christian and not a different religion

Give me good reasons why I should be a Christian and not a different religion.

Also, if you are Christian, why? I'm curious.

Cuz its the truth to be honest y'all

Name a religion thats crafted better societies with better standards of living and better morals.

Closest is buddhism but they only advanced once christian societies showed them the way

Spirituality is a path different to each person. I have seen people of all faiths have a true connection to god. Everyone can shit post all they like. If you have to ask why you should be this or that then you shouldn't. Find the way you connect to god best and do that.

Why join any religion?

Paganism. All christian values that matter comes from ancient european societies. The only thing added is jewish god, and bunch of things had to be extracted in the process. Look at eu history.

Lmao niggers!!!!

Witnessed

>christian
Be more specific: catholic, baptist, anglican, methodist, lutheran,…

There is a rhyme and a reason for many of the tenets of the Christian faith. I think it depends on what you want out of life. I am supremely unhappy living for my own personal interests and Christianity is a pathway to find joy and purpose through rejection of the self because it places supreme emphasis on caring for others first with the knowledge that this life is temporary.

Personally, I am a very cynical person by nature, but I have experienced things in my life that I can only describe as supernatural (or at least I have perceived them that way) which heavily influences me to place faith in the teachings of Jesus. I am currently attending church twice weekly and trying my best to follow what I feel called to do by God and I am in the happiest state I have been in a long time.

a t h e i s m is the true redpill if you're man enough

>off by one digit syndrome strikes again

#1 reason Girls If you value a woman who won't be a sloot pretending to be religious could score you a keeper. The only down side is you got to sit thru an hour of bullshit every sunday.
#2 They got your back if shit goes down.
#3 If you are into story telling you are in for a treat
#4 It teaches you to think positive and has a bunch of moral stuff it can help you with
#5 If you have children you can take them to Sunday school and bone your wife while your kids are out learning important stuff.

-#900,001 yo kids might get raped

off by 1 is satans work

first let me say im no believer in god. or any god. but i will also say you have the right to believe in what you want.many of the anons in this thread are correct. find your own way. let your heart guide you into what you feel is good for you. remember god is a part of everyone. if you lie to yourself you lie to god.so be true to who you are and let your heart guide you. i will also say of all the religions with the exception of buddhism, it seems to me like the christian way is the most peaceful in this day and age.i would take a break from society for a little while. maybe rent a cabin far away from life. leave your phone at home. and your computer. look at and enjoy nature.take a few days to decide what you want.

Oh you mean like the human sacrifices, the peadophilia, the hedonism, the blatant genocides, the fall of multiple empires and cultish tribalism? Yeah, I see where you're coming from. Stop watching zeitgeist!

>first let me say im no believer in god. or any god.
>remember god is a part of everyone. if you lie to yourself you lie to god
wut

Christian countries are the only ones who are still free of mudslime rapists. Atheist countries are ALL falling appart. Atheists have no culture and traditions to defend, and are afraid of death.

Old Testament is good times.

I'm an atheist and I'm not afraid of death. It's literally nothing to fear.

i have no problem with blatant genocides *the stupid races* and cultist tribalism

Thats jew stuff buddy boy. Wanna talk christianity, bring the New testament.

Human sacrifices were done with consent. Can you say the same about people who were tortured in the most gruesome ways in the middle ages?

Pedophilia, are you serious? Priests are molesting kids every day.

Genocides? What about the genocides of native americans?

The fall of multiple empires? What about the fall of europe during the dark ages?

You don't have the New Testament without the Old Testament. They're intrinsically connected.

Im a christain cuz you don't like christains

But christians don't follow it word for word like jews, why you don't see Catholics with piyots or yamukahs or not eating pork. Christ changed that.

So yelling at Christians about the old testament is the same as yelling at Christians for not eating pork. Old tactic from atheists, like blaming eastern orthodoxy on the holodomor.

Agnostic here. Christianism is a based religion with solid morals and good values for the society.

Jews don't follow it word for word either btw.

Here's the question: is the god of the New Testament the same god as the god of the Old Testament? Is that god eternal and unchanging?

Regardless of the rest of this thread, arguments like OPs pic are just retarded. Most of the most famous scientists were Christians or at least believers in a higher power

Yet scientists in general are more likely to be atheists than the overall population.

*scientist that you've heard about because they are allowed to state their beliefs openly

Thats because of huge anti-atheistic prejudices and indoctrination at an early age, religion is a thing that some smart people have, not a necessary thing to be smart

No, from surveys conducted.

Yes but it was misunderstood, why christ came down in the first place

Question to you: have you honestly ever mentioned the horrors in the old testament to a jew?

No, he's definitely right. Same for mathematicians and philosophers. Usually highly-academic people are atheist. I'm not saying all of them are, nor am I saying majority are, but there's definitely a lot of atheists in academia. I'm sure if you compared a group of academic people to the general public, you'd find more atheists in the academic group.

So the Bible is not the infallible word of god? Some of the things in it are wrong?
> have you honestly ever mentioned the horrors in the old testament to a jew?
Online, sure.

>atheists have no culture
Coming from a murrican who's country is still in diapers

1. You wont explode
2. You wont have to fuck a goat
3. You wont get gassed
4. You'll have heaven
5. This religion will make you a good person
6. It's God does exist so your preys wont be in vain
7. There's a Pope
8. They help people
9. They are not some sort of crazy sect that will kill you
10. Great history

Hey guys I'm not gay, I play football. I accidentally clicked this thread because I thought my mouse was hovered over the hot girls thread. Well, since I'm here I had a question let's say hypothetically I had gay thoughts (lol yea right) and I found my close friend attractive (ew gross) and one day we had sex in the back of my car after football practice (I would puke...the only thing I bang is chicks with big tits you know what I'm saying lol) but we didn't kiss. Would that be gay? We were wasted and while we were banging we kept calling each other fags. It's almost like a parody of when we bang chicks (remember this didn't happen). So that wouldn't make me gay right? Just a jokester?

jesus was fag tho

Thats the koran, not the bible you idiot. The bible is the word of god interpreted through man, which is why it was fallible and why Christ had to come down. All your knowledge of the bible and Christian teaching either comes second or third hand from people with an agenda

Because there is no better place to find peace than in Christ.

Buddhism is not a religion

>Thats the koran, not the bible you idiot.
Christians make the same claim. The authors' hands were guided and all that.
>The bible is the word of god interpreted through man, which is why it was fallible and why Christ had to come down.
If the Bible is fallible, how do you know which parts are true and which parts are not? How do you know the parts with Christ are true?
>All your knowledge of the bible and Christian teaching either comes second or third hand from people with an agenda
I have a Bible (two actually), so no, not all my knowledge of it.

in christs anus

Because there is no better place to find peace than in Christ. In Catholic and Orthodox places you feel full just love, it's pure and unadulterated, their is no greater feeling of peace than just being in the presence of a tabernacle.

define "better"

they all had their pros and cons; you would be a fool to give one preference to another, when the western world is the only one youve lived it, and it consists of more than christianity

>mfw my very Catholic grandma could've called Protestant/heretic and disowned my parents but didn't

Because our parents are, obviously. Also, if you aren't Orthodox Christian in Russia, you are perceived as a strange guy or dangerous muslim or something.

Even if I did go with christianity, orthodoxy seems the best to me

it's the protestants that really annoy me and get on my nerves

>best religion
>no religion
believing imaginary deities is a mental disorder

Be a fag if you want to, or look for God and ask for His guidance. Lord knows I could care less about your soul, but whichever religion you choose, God is likely in it. He loves you despite your faithlessness and wants you to find your way to faithfulness and goodness here on earth before you can earn the right to go to Heaven. Inb4 some retard says "Heh I wanna party in Hell tho bruh." You burn for all eternity and at the end of earth your soul is destroyed if you pick to let Satan fuck your ass for his amusement.

>a Christia

Don't be any religion. The only reason you should be religious is to have false hope. Ultimately, I think that is a bad thing, but false hope can be a wonderful thing if you actually believe it. I know some Chrisitians who are so happy because they truly believe in all this obviously fake stuff. It gets through tough times. I would choose to believe if I could. But I can't. So if you have to ask this question..... you probably can't either.

I believe in Christianity because I want good morals, a leader to serve, a meaning to life, and a meaning to the afterlife. Also, the pic makes no sense. Many Christian denominations such as Methodism (me), Lutheranism, and Presbyterianism, fall away from what the Bible says and trust science more than the Holy Book. We don’t believe everything the Bible says, unlike many Catholics. But we still try to be inspired and understand the parts about God.

also praise kek though

Y worship a jew who was his own father that talked to himself that is in heaven while being on earth, all that while saying that nobody is bigger than his father but he is his father so they are about the same level. Oh yeah forgot to mention his other self the holy spirit thing

Yes it is. They believe in 9 stages of reincarnation. They're as 'far-fetched' as any other religion.

How has christianity "crafted society"? I think Christianity actually hogs all the credit for society. All the good things that we actually like about society are from secular values. Damn good thing we have separation of church and state, jeez! Cause if it wasn't for that.... fml, and society would be fucked. People NOT being too religious is what makes Western society good.

Well, if God doesn’t exist, then life is simply a simulation. Either way you’re taking the blue pill, except not having religion takes away the hope part.

If He loves us, why the Hell exists?

Because we don’t love Him. He has infinite love for us. Therefore, not accepting that results in eternal suffering. We deserve it.

Atheism is bluepilled as fuck and promoted terrible morals. Take for example the recent shooting... He was a militant atheist who beat his wife then shot up a church.

The pic is meant to make no sense

You should really get out of that mentality of thinking that because you're more self-pitying and sad it makes you more intelligent than other people. That's kind of a Rick and Morty thing. Atheists have freedom from morals and virtues. How about you take advantage of that and go live life to the fullest before you burn in Hell? I'd love to be able to do that. But sadly, I'm too good a person. And much too strong in my beliefs and convictions to goodness.

>he has infinite love for us
>but if you don't accept it then his infinite love for us is 0
He loves you so much that even if you don't love him he will still love you while your suffering eternally.

Hell is there to send bad people to. He loves you no matter what, but you're not ruining Heaven for the people that were good in their lifetime.

Having even a false sense of security during your life is indistinguishable from a true sense of security from God. Like I said, either way it’s like taking the blue pill, except you aren’t hopeful during your time on Earth. You might as well try to believe. I converted from nothing to Christianity, best decision of my lifetime so far (and probably ever).

Our orthodox priest once said that we are all already in the Hell, and faith is only way to escape.

Basically I'm Christian because it was my upbringing. I believe in god but I only go to church once a year (Christmas). religion is not a big part of my life at all

Not the same guy, but really, why would He accept you if you never looked for a relationship with Him? Your convictions and morals don't mean anything if you have nothing to bind you to a moral code but your ever-changing fragile human ego and it would just be the same in Heaven. You just can't go there with that attitude.

LOL! Don't be ridiculous. Not believing in God has nothing to do with being free of morals. I am not free of that at all and wouldn't want to be. It sounds like you want to be though. I don't think being Christian gives people better morals, I just think the upside is it gives them a peace that is almost impossible for me to find because reality. It might actually be biologically advantageous at times to not see reality. Not all the time though. Ultimately, not.

>d. Like I said, either way it’s like takin

and btw, you highlight one of the negative gross things about religion... a false sense of moral superiority. No.

you’re*
God judges us based on how we act. If we seriously can’t accept infinite love, we hate him, and therefore he must hate us back. He doesn’t love us while we’re freezing (yes, I said freezing, as described in the Bible) in hell. It balances out.
It is punishment for being so cold you’re not able to put one being in your heart who so loves you infinitely.

I would love to be free of morals and virtues. You, on the other hand, are clinging to some false conviction that being good is meaningful without God. It's not. It's just chemicals in your brain giving you false security and hope. It's purely biological. If you aren't taking advantage of your meaningless life and doing everything you want to without fear of divine justice, you're a complete beta.

I’m leaving this thread.
May God and I love you all, even if you don’t love us back :)

I believe in Jesus Christ because of the fulfilling of Bible prophesy, such as the seed of David being exalted by all nations(Jesus), His name being known to the most remote islands, Mother Mary being called blessed by all nations, etc.
Also the trinity makes a ton of sense, read Pythagoras.
I'm Orthodox btw

tf no

orthodoxy still hasn't seperated itself from the Russian government, so fuck that.

For those of you capable and willing, read "The Story of B" by Daniel Quinn.

hey, dumbass, you need to be civilized in modern society, so yes, being “good” is meaningful without your fake god. want to talk about false security and hope? let’s talk about heaven and hell, which are totally realistic and not at all made up

>s. Yo

I am not clinging to anything. You are the one clinging to the idea that there is a God. You are the one saying that being good is meaningless, and that is pretty bad.
If chemicals in the brain is all existence is, then so be it, I still believe in good. Why can't you? Why does that idea impossible for you to accept? When there is evidence for God, I will believe.

See I feel like I could be a christian, I just don't want to associate with people like Protestants. Don't get me wrong, not all protestants are bad, I just dislike the whole exitement associated with them. The singing (ugg), the yelling AMEN, the constant effort to convert everyone else.

It's what drives me away from christianity because I don't want to be associated with them.

All organized religion is a sham, if there is any form of a higher being that has any say over something as silly as an after life that isn't reincarnation I doubt he would watch to see if you listened to a bunch of dudes asking for money so you can be saved. Seriously I have nothing against any religion but organized religion is just downright fucking retarded

>why should I be a christian
>created thread
>is a faggot

because you need jesus.

You're kidding, right? Most mass shooters in the US are christian by a vast majority. Fuck off.

Because its nearly the same as being an atheist without the faggotry.

Because places where other religions hold sway for the most part you are forbidden from being Christian.