Can we talk about xanax and anxiety disorders Sup Forums? (Or any other fucking benzo)

Can we talk about xanax and anxiety disorders Sup Forums? (Or any other fucking benzo)

My whole life I've had a crazy anxiety disorder, and my upbringing from my parents also didn't help. Growing up I had friends, played sports, etc etc, so relatively normal I guess but I had severe social anxiety and generalized anxiety and known as the "shy" kid.

Basically I dwell on things for days and replay situations over and over in my head, think of every fucking scenario possible, talking to a stranger is do-able, but its not fun having your fucking heart bouncing out of your chest while sweat starts to form. I hate being the center of attention. Basically I'm just a nervous/anxiety fuck head, started when I was a kid and still have it at the age of 22.

Xanax makes me feel normal. Like how I'm supposed to feel. It allows me to get shit done on it without the back of my head running a million miles per hour. I just feel fucking great on it. Almost too good in fact. But I've had some bad instances on it (blacking out), and I can totally see how this drug can fuck you up. Bar-tarding literally makes you a fucking dumb zombie.

What do I do? Keep taking it to improve my life and risk becoming addicted to it? Is it worth the mood swings, dependence, and dangerous stuff that comes along with benzos?

Share your stories relating to benzos and anxiety, especially if you conquered anxiety with or without drugs.

At least you don't have the type of anxiety I have. You'd be going insane from what goes through my head.

sell that shit to high school kids
make money
treat anxiety with money??

honestly xanax is shitty

Explain man. My anxiety is pretty fucking bad. I think of some dark/weird shit too.

Yea because that's smart, selling to kids that get blacked out on them and do something really fucking stupid like driving and killing them. Thought about it, but selling xanax is probably the sketchiest thing you can do

People who say this usually don't have anxiety disorders. If you're talking about the dangerous side effects, I agree.

Xanax is false confidence

No if you start thinking about it you'll never go back.

do this op, kids love fucking bars. you can make bank

This right here. Grow the fuck up op

kids that do it recreationally don't usually black out
besides white kids in high school probably need it for anxiety anyways

On the real, I don't think your anxiety is the disorder - it's a symptom of something else. I think you have OCD. Talking about replaying things in your head, not feeling in control around people, etc. That's OCD. Look into it. As far as Benzos, I'm hopelessly addicted to them, and have been for 20 years. It's not the best road to take, but if it helps, it helps.

I mean, you're not wrong. But how is 'growing the fuck up' going to help cure my anxiety disorder? Please don't tell my something like "dude you just gotta say fuck it", because if it was that easy i wouldn't have anxiety

Hmm.. really? OCD , never really thought about that. I take Zoloft. I'll talk to my psych about it. Thank you

OCD is about obsessive thinking, not necessarily washing your hands, or counting lock turns. If you're obsessing over things, and it impacts your life (by giving you anxiety) that's clinical OCD.

Damn that makes a lot more sense now, and then the OCD could form the anxiety. I do have obsessive thoughts, some id rather not share but it involved relationships.

Seems like a solution are SSRI's, but I already take one. Any experiences or recommendation?

yep. go see a therapist OP

SSRIs, some anticonvulsants, antipsychotics, there's hundreds of drug combinations. You'll just have to talk to your doctor and try things out. There's no real advice I can give.

What you said about xanax is the least of your worries. And no, it isn't worth it.

Everyone is addicted to it they just don't know it. Gotta ask yourself.

Xanax is so good I would say as long as you aren't trying to reach enlightenment then fuck yeah all day! I got locked up for them and weed multiple times so you know they're good.

not OP but when i went to therapy i wasted a year of my life on "go on", "how does that make you feel" and long silent pauses and all i got in return was a referral to a psychiatric facility.
not everything can be solved with words.

Wait until you withdraw from them. You'll wish you were dead. Worst experience in my life