Have any of you actually thought about life? and what it exactly is? Let's talk Sup Forums

have any of you actually thought about life? and what it exactly is? Let's talk Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0pLa9Mq56rk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah it’s a big worthless cosmic accident that ends in nothing

why even do anything? all earths’ history will be lost forever at some point

This, but if you attach meaning to it, you will be happy and fulfilled
Nihilism is for quitters

You don't need to do anything, but despite knowing how pointless things are, you don't lose your human drive, so do whatever makes you happy.

doesn’t change the end game, and what’s wrong with being a quitter? i do what i want

I figure it took millions of years for life to develop and Then for the split second individuals will live. Know death was always the beginning and the end for this shit. Headed back into non existence will be like making a cannon ball jump into the pool of life.

Cop out
Anti-social
No need for your kind
Do what you want
Why try?

Isn't it weird how there always has to be balance?
Life and Death
Light and Dark
Good and Bad
Nothing and Something

Strange day.

And yes maybe because I wanted to act smart

My favorite postulate is that life, most specifically consciousness, is the universe's way of experiencing itself.

My theory is that like atoms to microbes, our planets and such are likely just the relative-atomic sized objects of a well-structured macrouniverse, our existence being but a fragment of a flicker of a spark in a cosmic timescale.
Sort of like Horton Hears a Who, but on a hopelessly grander scale

Poetic

It's called polarity in hermetic science. Everything has degrees, one can't exist without the other...
Sublime but powerful if you want to get a real understanding of how things work

It's scary to know.

What's there to think about? It's life, there's nothing special, supernatural, or anything of that sort about it. It just is. Stop trying to put simple things like it into some special retard snowflake category. You live, and then you don't.

Had a buddy who never thought about life all that much. Was your regular dick. Cool dude. After he smoked some weed he was one day talking about that Horton stuff. Changed his perspective on shit. Still uses that for his outlook.

vocaroo.com/i/s0pLa9Mq56rk

This.
I believe in the tenants of absurdism, an important part of which is making meaning for one's life despite the clear evidence that life will continue with indifference regardless of what one does.
A nihlist in the morning says "why make breakfast when I will just get hungry again?"
An absurdist in the morning says "I think I will treat myself to a hearty breakfast of hash browns, then if I am still hungry maybe I will make some toast"

*"Nothing and Everything"

What about it.

You amaze me. Don't ask why.

:)

We created life. There is a choice of not doing it but we do.

no, nobody's thought about life
you're the only one

What created us then? Elaborate

We did

Our parents ;_;

I almost pledged for the Carrack

If it wasn't for life I wouldn't have met beautiful
Night.

i tend to think more about the afterlife than life, but i think alot about how to improve life, even if its just the small stuff... sometimes i think big, like politically and scientifically but it never got me anywhere, and since i feel so disconnected i think more about how it all can go wrong, i want to get away from that but i feel trapped

There's violence to knowing the world isn't what you thought.

Today, a man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather. ~Bill Hicks

:)

Not knowing is also good. Good night you.

Like it or not we are the same as animals our "meaning" is to reproduce. The only difference is we are more self-aware and intelligent so we are able to realize this. The only real meaning i can kind of believe in is love. As pessimistic as I am i believe love can bring meaning, its what i hope will bring meaning to my life, that i can love someone i care about and make them happy during their life. It might seem pointless but at least i might have a chance to stop being depressed. Then again maybe love turns out to be a load of shit. But yeah life's pretty pointless really unless you're on drugs all the time cos then at least you're having a blast in another dimension, shame i cant afford it anymore

>The only difference is we are more self-aware and intelligent so we are able to realize this
And make up reasons to live that when you think about it are shallow and short-term. There's no afterlife or reason to care for the hopes of something bigger. And anyways in a wider context there's no meaning to life, life began to exist due to chance. I guess you could argue that our "meaning" is to carry on with chance by merely existing and carrying out our lives as we would. I guess that would be a nice way to look at it tbh.

it was the dubs.

(: