ITT Black Metal and relatives

because fuck it

I been liking this lately

Is the genre too broad? I listened to agalloch because it's popular but it basically just sounds like pop music to me. How does that fit together with like burzum and summoning and nokturnal mortum

Wat, I love avalloch

My issue roots from it's density. It's not possible to just casually like black metal. Though it's a part of my personality to one to experience everything with a genre, I find myself thinking I'm missing all the hits. I've of course gone through burzum, Darkthrone, Godkiller, Venom, pesta noir, weakling and even Deafheaven (I'm a huge post-rock enthusiast, so that's implied). Maybe I just need a good chart.

Reminder that metal is cringe rock for edgy teens

You're on Sup Forums. Take a look in the mirror.

two hunters is probably my favorite record. thanks to the user that recommended this an year back

It's probably not bad or anything but I just don't get what's black about it. It's just kind of clean and sparkly. It's like there's a specific feel I'm looking for when I decide to listen to black metal that I'm not getting.

>all this atmoshit
>when you could be listening to killer riffs instead

are you gonna suggest dimmu boring next

never got into them

I like pic related.

ITT

Jesus fuck I always thought this was a montage

this

bump

Anyone got something similar to this?

Mizmor's Yodh is pretty cool;
Also they've got killer artwork

classic there

I casually like bm. I was completely obsessed with it for like a year though, a while back

this. Nagelfar are fucking brilliant. You should check out The Ruins Of Beverast

kek

BLACK LIVES MATTER

>Sup Forumstards make a separate bm thread instead of discussing it in /meal/, because they're too scared of getting called t. nu male
pathetic

This album struck a cord with me. It's still probably my favourite after some time of exploring the genre

why

I don't know. I never really got much into first wave of BM, always sounded to me little too boring.
Also I guess might be nostalgia at this point.

listen to pic related

pls

More like this?

You need to give me a name.
I can't read id from pic and google search gives me back pictures of the moon.

what do you guys think of A Blaze in the Northern Sky?

Mare Cognitum

Also, check out this (Fyrnask)

good album, but Under is better and I prefer Trans to it, but ABitNS is better than it

Baise ma Hache

>Mare Cognitum

Good stuff, definitely going on my playlist.

how about Volahn?

I'll probably give it a listen, but sounds too punkish for my tatse.

how about this?

Sounds alright.
I see you have a fixation on space in your music.

yep

You tried to branch out to other genres like space rock? (pic rel)

been planning to, will check out pic related.

Not space related, but have you heard Abigor's Channeling The Quintessence Satan? Good bm from Austria, also check out this chart. You'll probably dig Nocternity.
P.S: Have you heard Sigh?

also, if you haven't, you must listen to Thorns's s/t, it's phenomenal.

>Baise ma Hache - Le Grand Suicide
>feat. a poem by Jean-Baptiste Chassignet
sounds cool! thx

That's some really good artwork. Reminds me of Zdzisław Beksiński

because it is him

it's one of his paintings
everyone rips him off
th only band who ripped him off without just stealing one of his paintings is bell witch

This has been doing it for me this year

also this

and this

It is qte broad if you include genres mixing, yes. But I don't consider Agalloch black metal. Maybe BM inspiered at best. Same could be said for almost the entire genre of blackgaze.

Quite*

what are your guys' opinions on these guys? I know they are kind of a meme but I find pic related to be a really spectacular album

booooooring: the production is flat, everything sounds muffled and kills any epic pretense.