Is he overrated?

is he overrated?
he is my favorite of all time, but i've seem some people shit on him. what do you think faggots?

If he is your favorite of all time... why do you give a fuck if other people think he is overrated?
This is the problem with your assholes... you constantly need mass approval to enjoy shit. Maybe just enjoy what you like and don't look for fucking validation.

Also no.. he is not overrated.

why are you so salty man? it's not about mass approval, i'm just trying to understand why some people deny the influence that he had among musicians

Instead of wasting time doing that, listen to some Hendrix man

Hendrix was an amateur compared to this guy.

The one true guitar god.

He's awesome. As far as best in the world, ever? I don't know and I don't fucking care. I enjoy his work and I don't let other faggots thoughts of him affect my opinion of him.

If you enjoy him, then just enjoy him.

Performer, guitarist, poet.

10/10

Any one who talks shit on Hendrix is probably only doing it to be edgy and different. Is there but better musicians out there, yeah probably but I don't think anyone can honestly deny hendrix's talent

Imo he's overrated, he gets the praise he does only because he's black. There were other guitarists at the time that played circles around jimi hendrix but since they arent black they get overlooked

I mean sure if your going just on guitar playing skill, but Hendrix is also famous for his lyrics sand singing. Also to say it's just becuase he's black is bs imo, most of Hendrix's fame probably comes from his infamous death rather than his race

Some people just don't like rock and roll and blues. I meet some people who only listen to one genre of music and won't listen to anything else. Just listen to what you like. The are plebs anyways.

the songs he wrote are good as fuck, but there are people who played it better

He wasnt that good of a vocalists and his songwriting was just taking blues lyrics and adding psychedelic shit. Again, he's popular because he's black. They still call him "the greatest guitarist of all time" really? Of all time?

Hendrix was incredibly talented and way ahead of his time. I don't believe he's overrated at all. What he came out with just had never been heard before, he turned music on its head. I mean listen to 'are you experienced' it is an incredible wall of sound that still sounds fresh today.
Also he stands out because he was the first black person to take on that look.
He probably wouldn't have stood the test of time if he didn't die. The mystique wouldve died if he became a fat ugly bald dude doing cruise gigs.

all Jimi needed was a badass bassist by his side. instead he had a bunch of white boy chumps with no chops with him.

Add that to the fact America didn't appreciate him in the first place...he only made it big when he went to UK.

he did ....

I like Hendrix but am just happy he existed because he influenced Led Zep. Without him, 70s music would've all been that middle of the road eagles and Fleetwood Mac shit.

That negroe person stole my guitar

>Led Zep
Ah.... The greatest cover band in the world

Didn't he hate Seattle? And probably would've been unhappy he was buried there??

Yeah point taken. But most big bands, especially English ones were covering American blues, rock, rockabilly etc. The Stones, Beatles, Bowie, Led Zep, Sabbath, shit even the Sex Pistols they all stole, sorry took from the US and packaged it in a way that made it sound fresh, then sold it back to America again.

nah he is definitely not overrated, but there are some special snowflakes saying he's the best when they only know one song.
nirvana is overrated though.

and thus glam was created to repackage the packaged music back to the UK

But most were crediting the original artists, Zeppelin werent, they were passing them off as their own

I doubt he would have cared.

McCartney claimed The Beatles wouldn't have existed without Chuck Berry. And Led Zep stole songs and lyrics from the Mississippi blues players.

Bands like the stones actually inflated interest in those old school blues players so the mutual interests brought both profits.

go suck a fat dick

he's only overrated by technicalfags. he was sloppy sometimes live but, no he is not overrated at all.

Fuck Seattle. This guy's the only decent musician to crawl out of there. People who put Nirvana up with him because Seattle are a bunch of fucking retards.

>who is Billy Cox?
you need to go back.

hendrix didn't care about the bassist, he hired noel redding because he had a cool haircut

Shit. Fucking love glam. Might go listening to some now.
Yeah this is true Stones and Beatles were open about the influence and admitted they wouldnt have been popular if they hadn't borrowed heavily from American artists.
As for Zepellin, they just took and said it was all their own making. Alot of their stuff is overrated and unlistenable but some damn good guitar work though. Fucking can't stand stairway to heaven, just like I can't listen to hendrixs cross town traffic.
I'm sure he hated Seattle and poured shit on the place every opportunity he got.

Duane Allman - Best EVER

Yeah those downtrodden black guys playing badass blues on their battered old guitars were really great musicians with a lot of heart and soul.

Hell, Robert Johnson was a fine musician and had a great voice -- y'all poisoned him out of jealousy cos all the ladies loved him.

And I doubt Hendrix hated anything, I especially doubt he'd be shallow enough to hate a place...he'd probably more despise bad ideals and fakeass people over places.

In fact many say he didn't die of natural causes but that he was killed after shunning his American producers for the UK high-life and free lovin'/living.

Good on him.