Hating rock/indie music is cool now

The War on Drugs, Brand New, LCD Soundsystem and now The National all released great albums this couple of weeks. At the same time you see idiots saying that these albums are " dadrock", "boring", etc, hating the music only because its rock music. Their scores are also getting down in RYM. All of this while meme rap is continuesly praised by the same people. Is rockphobia killing music?

>LCD Soundsystem

>rock

They use fucking guitars. Is a rock oriented electronic music, like New Order was in the 80's. Alternative dance/ dance punk.

>only rock has guitars

>now

Well they aren't an electronic jazz or country band. They aren't a pure electronic act either.

The War on Drugs are boring and generic

Indie is shit. Rap is shit. Take the classical pill already, you'll feel much less confused after your adjustment.

I didn't use to think Rockphobia is real, but some people aren't willing to even give a chance.

Yeah, if only people gave a chance to anything other than top 40 acts.

Maybe because they're all boring as fuck?

No, it's because all those bands have gone on longer than they should've without doing anything interesting, new or even good. The fact they're guitar based has nothing to do with it.

also this

They are boring, they are lame. It's just the same old same old 2000s white Brooklyn shit we've heard before. We need new fresh music for the new decade not this rehash garbage by these grandpas. Indie is so stagnant and a joke when the best names are still freaking LCD Soundsystem, National, Brand New, etc. like it's 2006. It needs new blood.

You could say the same about Kanye West. Except the white part.

>there are people on this board who would honestly rather listen to the new fucking Sza album than the new War on Drugs record
I guess I'm jealous of their ignorance

No one on this boards like Kanye anymore

>War on Drugs

I'd rather get a chemical enema. Adult contemporary beer commercial rock trash. Use a far better example.

for someone who hates beer commercials so much, they seem to always get the best of you

New Order aren't rock either you pleb

this desu, indie rock is so fucking bland these days

name me 1 (one) artist/band that sounds like them. if you say springsteen i am lmaoing @ your life