God Tier TV Series thread

God Tier TV Series thread

This image is irrelevant for seasons 1-3. Those were amazing, but the new writers have Down syndrome and cancer.

It is a children's TV show.

Twin Peaks. The best.

It was a great children's tv show, now is cancer

the original yep

Seasons 1 and 2 are the only episodes I can respect

All other seasons were a children's tv show

full house checked

was he in the wire? I thought that was from 25th hour

The HBO stuff pre-Netflix is rather good. The Sopranos is quality entertainment even if the last season has some lazy and "ARTISTIC" writing (the Christopher angle was lame). Boardwalk Empire was similarly good with with casting and character development but the writing was cyclical - every season is a new protagonist/antagonist pairing with a buildup to a massacre at the end of the season. The EVERYBODY DIES formula gets old but at least there is a continuous narrative with character development.

Network TV pre-Netflix is far weaker. West Wing was good for the first 4 season was Aaron Sorkin was on tons of coke and was convinced he work was more important than treatment. Lost ended up in the shitter after a similar number of seasons.

Animation hold up better because there aren't narrative arcs and the production costs are lower. Archer and Harvey Birdman have kindred spirit. The former is outrageous and the latter is absurdist. Family Guy or South Park can suck for quite a while but then get a shot of new blood and excel for a few months.

Pretty much anything Charlie Rose does, and Sesame Street and the Ken Burn multi-part documentaries are worthy of preservation if not immediate viewing.

Basically, the best TV shows aren't on TV anymore. The streaming players realized this early imported a lot of trashy period dramas where exposition was more important than churning out 20+ formulaic episodes a season to create ad slots. The Tudors was the first show I remember to flip the experience back in favor of the viewer.

isn't this a CP video?

The only good choice aside from op's thus far

I was blown away by how good this was. Season 2 doesn't compare, but it doesn't really matter since it's an anthology series

Bump

best evar.png

Guess this can't be mentioned as a show without someone making retarded comments.

lmao support rape much?