Looking for the easiest way to fry an RJ45 jack (Power over Ethernet IEEE 802.3af/802...

Looking for the easiest way to fry an RJ45 jack (Power over Ethernet IEEE 802.3af/802.3at Type 1 Class 3) and make it look like there was no foul play...

Any help?

Thunderstorm.

I need something simpler... would a cut CAT cable hooked into the device and a certain sized battery make it inoperable ?

Get an electric gas lighter. Cut the top to expose the spark electrode. Zap your device with it.

I've had a blizzard kill a few Poe injectors massive static discharge from all the blowing snow. Cooked heads too.

Seems legit, but I need to send it back to the manufacture...

If it's a cheap device, I'd expect so. If it's a decent one, it might just blow a fuse for whatever port you connected to.

Will take a nasty surge of some kind, but it can be done, also if nothing else there is fried, or messed up, any tech that knows what they are doing is going to get suspicious. Encounter stuff like this all the time and half the time the equipment was sabotaged, and all we do is check camera vid to see what happened, they lose their jobs or get arrested.

>I require the savants to post their thoughts.

It is an Axis Communications product (Swedish bitches)

I'd say just take all the pairs of a cable and put 12volt to them. That should cook the unit and make it look like a surge

Holy fuck that'll do it. Just plut 120 straight into it.

THIS IMAGE ALMOST KILLED ME

LOL

How the fuck would I wire CAT to this?

Wire pairs 4/5 and 7/8?

What's the end-goal here? You mentioned you need to send it back to manufacturer. That implies there's already something wrong with it. Just RMA it already.

just put half to live and half to neutral

Also I would want to avoid burn marks...

The client fucked up, long story... If I send it back working it makes me look stupid.

when dat RJ45 jack pops

breaking it and sending it back because you were afraid it would look stupid seems like it would make you look even stupider

>Never trust a client is what I learned.

How does it make you look stupid? Client didn't give you clear idea of their requirements. You ordered the wrong thing for them for them, and now you need to return it. That describes about 50% of IT work.

Fry it by sending a bit too much voltage to it.

You.might need to rig a manual variable resistor up to a battery or something.

Maybe do a few test runs on your own.

Make the client disappear OP

they are too low power they simply won't short. But if you have to try i'd suggest a paper clip. honestly best option is to gunk it up with a dead bug

Can you take a blow dryer to it to soften up the metal, get a pair of tweezers and break off a random connector in there to make it look like it came with damaged teeth.

>The client fucked up, long story... If I send it back working it makes me look stupid.

working = you stupid? ok. you're one of those geniuses that claim they can fix things, diagnosed a problem, only for there to be no problem, and now you're trying to scam OEMs by sending you new gear to replace the gear you deliberately fucked? am I following this correctly?

actually thats the proper equation. well done

one does not simply return to manufacturer you are stuck with it if it's the entire rig you don't like i suggest fucking up the ram it's the most common source of failure

nobody gives a fuck.

Water

You seriously need to recover 2 bucks?

Throw it in the bin already

Manufacture Adv. replaced the device...

Gotta UPS tomorrow...

>my work is full of nepotism

Obvious foul play is obvious if it's been destroyed via electric current, it will be impossible to destroy with electricty without it being obvious. If you want to be sneaky then just pull off one of the little gold pins. That way it won't work and it will seem plausible as compared to being blasted by levels of voltage/current not even possible under regular circumstances.

Or just man up and say it's working now and that the port on the PC is dodgy.

if your goal is to break the machine get a usb cable cut the ends touch the wires there is enough power in the usb slot to short itself most of the time

Some where I live
Second time in 6 months this shitty American power grid fried my mobo

>white knight needs his safe space apparently

When mom finds your mixtape

fuck off you fat ameritard. all you sad cunts do is scam people... and POORLY. you fat retards can't even do that right.

>fuck Canada

Explain the problem better, nobody knows wtf you're talking about.