Why do modern people seem to not understand bants or get offended by them?

Why do modern people seem to not understand bants or get offended by them?

Because autistic people like OP cannot banter correctly

Probably because you're American and you're bantering them wrong.

By modern people you probably mean American people, so there's your answer :^)

You got a point, Nigel. Honestly might just take a vacation to Australia and eat a kangaroos heart to gain its powers

uk is mostly pakis and fags according to cbc, how would any of you know about banter?

I have a related question. Sometimes I read some YouTube comments and most people seem to not understand irony or sarcasm or when people are joking and when not. Is this a related phenomena or it's only due to most YouTube users are 12 years old?

Something you have in common leaf

Isn't 'bants' just a malleable term people use when they realize their shitposting is something to be ashamed of?

It's easily mistakable with racism and other forms of prejudice as well, on Sup Forums it's impossible to differentiate between 'bants' and actual foaming-at-the-mouth stormfags

lack of experience, would not label entirely as age-related.

Yeah most YouTube users are kids. My little cousin goes on there like two hours a day

Bants is often a codeword for "I should be able to make bigoted jokes in front of the people they target without them being offended."
Actual banter between friends and acquantinces is fine, but its not okay to just mock somebody and expect them to just laugh it off every time. Have a little respect.

cuck

It's hard to identify sarcasm over the Internet. There's no way to know wether what a speaker says is a truly held opinion. See POL.

>how would any of you know about banter
We'll start with the basics: pull the stick out of your ass and stop sperging out over England.

In all seriousness, people can't handle banter these days because they take themselves and their emotions way too seriously. Calling someone a nigger is grounds for going to jail these days, and it's all because you hurt their feelings.

>because MUH special snowflake feelings

Think it has more to do with not be able to pick up on the inflection one adds when speaking to indicate sarcasm.

Lack of life experience?

I'm talking about sarcasm, irony or jokes on the videos. It's pretty obvious most of the times.

I know the feels man.
It's horrible. Especially if you are among so-called liberals.
If you reveal your bantz level they will feel uncomfortable and marginalize you and consider you a threat because of your ideas.
In the meantime, the real threats thrive among them.

Who cares? Getting people offended is fun. Enjoy your bants and getting other people butthurt is an added bonus!

Just make sure you do it anonymously so the buthurrtians don't get you fired.

>Calling someone a nigger is grounds for going to jail these days, and it's all because you hurt their feelings.
Bantz outlawed in Canada confirmed

People who get offended by bantz take themselves much too seriously.