When is it ok to cheat in college?

When is it ok to cheat in college?

all the time

at no point of the time

Its college, its entirely your decision. Just don't do it to the point where you don't even know what you got a diploma for

when you can get away with it

Damn who do I listen to...

Is it ok to fap to loli?

>sure, risk the thing you paid a shit ton of money for. Here's the secret: the paper's not worth shit if you can't prove skills and value. So do the work idiot. If it's not easy enough to just do you obviously need to be learning it. You MAY have something to argue for non-major credits but why not enrich yourself a little faggot.

Hell yea niggy

I always try to fully understand everything, but some proofs are downright ridiculous. I do understand them when I read them but I just can't memorize them. And yes, you're technically supposed to regurgitate them step by step at the exam.
Frankly, I will never remember them all the time even without cheating. I will always be reviewing stuff even at work.
I'm studying electrical engineering btw.

Cheating makes you stupid. It's why were in trouble as a society. Stupid people who take shortcuts and never learn, but they run the world.

Intelligence is looked down on.

Nothing wrong with using the resources given to you

QUICK: prove that the sum of two odd numbers is always even

What about on an exam?

Then repeat the course or get tutoring.

Because quite simply, most stuff you must know for exams is never needed in the job. Despite that, a degree is necessary to work in a lot of fields.
The point here is to beat credentialism, not competence.
If you ever actually went to college, instead of talking out of your ass, you would know that quite often exams are structured in a way so you can fail even if you do know stuff. The idiot who literally rewrites every exact word the professor said gets an A.

Actually no, intelligence is looked up to. So much that any idiot thinks he/she is intelligent. Or rather, they try to make you believe that they are, by cheating on their exams and exposing their faulty and borrowed ideals. That's the reason why were fucked, people WILL NOT recognize that they might be stupider than they thought they were.

This one is easy.
(2n+1)+(2m+1)=2n+2m+2=2(n+m+1).
But what about proving Little's formula?

>itt people who never went to university and don't know how fucked it is

You're just proving him right. You're trying to find faults in the system in order to excuse your conduct. Those who make it are always the ones who overachieved, instead of being part of the herd. School is a means of teaching you the skills necessary to succeed. The diploma is just verification. Imagine you showing up with your electrical engineering diploma at your Jobsite and not knowing jack shit.

ITT: people who never realized what University is, even though they're in it.

>not knowing jack shit
Confirmed for not being able to read.

Pretty damn terse but yeah.
I hadn't heard of Little's formula. Is there even a proof? It looks more like an applied result (came to by experimental data as opposed to derived from some set of axioms or formal system)

Look either you can drop the attitude RIGHT NOW or I will take matters into my own hands. DON'T TICK ME OFF

>those who make it are always the ones who overachieved
How fucking cucked are you by society?
Keep living in your Disney world lad.

Nope, there is a purely analytical proof, but it's insane. It's 15 pages long in my book. Not kidding.
I understand the meaning and application of the formula, I really do, but seriously, remembering every tiny detail of the proof is downright crazy. And this is just an example.
Even the fucking professor did have to look up a few details when I went to office hours.
Why the fuck shouldn't I too?

Damn I'm so fucking scared big boy.

Same here and I'm a Math major. These proofs are legitimate sorcery. I feel like most of the ones in books leave out very small details that would make understanding them way easier.

Jeez and they're making you memorize that?

Write the proof out a few times, all 15 pages and all. Then write it again. Then again. About four or five times you'll just get into the habit of writing it and won't really need to memorize it.

>falling for the bait

Yup.
Another absurd one was a seemingly simple result: count how many possible binary trees you can build with n nodes. Don't have it right here, but you can look it up yourself.
I did understand that one. I aced the exam without cheating, and yes, they did ask it.
Do I remember it now? Fuck no.

What class was it you studied Little law? What all math do you need for EE?

You have enough time to memorize everything. If that isn't enough when considered with all your functional and analytical skills, then you aren't currently cut out for it. If you really don't have enough time then retake it on another semester where you have minimal credits.

Not him, but the point doesn't seem HOW to memorize it. It's certainly possible, but if even the one who is supposed to teach him doesn't remember all of it, why should students?
I'm not necessarily advocating cheating, but fairly often the stuff they make you study in college has no point in being studied, certainly not like this.
Mathematical proofs, especially. Even those who proved results in the first place don't always remember EVERYTHING. I myself couldn't point out every tiny detail in my OWN proofs in my PhD dissertation, but of course I still do remember the results of the research and its implications. If I ever need to review HOW I got to those results, I can always refresh my memory by actually looking it up.

>fairly often the stuff they make you study in college has no point in being studied, certainly not like this.
>Mathematical proofs, especially
I disagree. Sometimes the actual content of what you're learning isn't as important as how it teaches you to think, and that most certainly holds true for mathematical proofs.

I'm currently in my second year.

Lol that answered neither of my questions

Sorry, forgot to add, it was teletraffic engineering. As for what math you need, multivariable calculus and linear algebra, mainly.