Taking psilocybin mushrooms for the first time soon. Im a little nervous first time doing anything other than pot...

Taking psilocybin mushrooms for the first time soon. Im a little nervous first time doing anything other than pot. Any advice or tips on how to avoid a bad trip or make a bad trip better?

Alcohol. It's universal antidote for psychodelics.

Firstly that's not psilocybin in the pic just to be clear, though you can eat it when cooked.

Secondly there's troves of info out there on it. Maybe start with Erowid.

You'll probably puke.

You have to take them without being worried about anything in your personal life, otherwise it's a guaranteed bad trip.

Also, put some uplifting music on. To me pop songs work, particularlly katy perry cause i get horny

If possible take them in a calm place, during a sunny day, under conditions that make you feel safe

After the trip you'll get very thirsty, but don't drink too much water, it's bad for the kidneys

This exactly. I cant stress enough how important it is to be in a positive/optimistic/open minded state of mind. If youre trying ti shroom to feel better about something shitty, youre in for a terrible ride. Have someone you trust not ti fuck with you when youre going through it. If taste isnt your thing, grind it up with a weed grinder and eat it with a little oeanut butter. Try and do it on an empty stomach. Less food the better, you might puke if youre a bitch.

drink a little first. loosen up. spend your time outside.

Go out in the deep dark woods and have a fire

Not true I talked to the carpet for 20 minutes telling it that life is nothing but an endless series of disappointments. But the rest of it was the greatest experience of my entire life and I am going to do it again this weekend.

They last about 5 hours, takes about a hour to really kick in. I recommend having someone sober near by. Night and Day experiences are quite difference I recommend peaking around sunrise or sunset to experience both.
NO salty food or soda. it will make probably make you nauseous.

Don't be so afraid of having a bad trip. There's a 90% chance you'll have a good trip. There's a bit of anxiety in every trip but that's to be expected. Plus, even if it turns into a bad trip, that isn't a bad thing. I'd say my bad trips have been the most useful trips in my life, because they're the ones that get you to think about shit you need to work through. Incredible insight can be found on mushrooms if you use them as a proper tool.

tl;dr, don't be afraid OP. Don't have any expectations, either. I promise, no matter how it goes, you're gonna walk away from it with something you didn't have before.

Also don't be a retard and mix substances. You don't need to drink. If there's anything you should take with a psych is *maybe* a low dose benzodiazapine to get you out of a bad trip.

Op here. I know its not I just got lazy and posted the first pic I found on google lol

Don't worry about it so much.

It's not that different than getting high until the time skips and the visual distortions set in, but it's really nothing compared to how TV portrays it.

Go into it KNOWING you'll have a good trip and there's literally nothing to do.

KNOW that you can't turn back once you start, that the ride doesn't end when you want, and that all there is to do is choose to enjoy it.

Go for a walk out in nature if you can, it's great. Think of a few topics for you and your friends to chew on, it's a great experience to hash out some philosophy on.
Seriously senpai, the only way you can have a bad trip is if you let it happen.

Checked

There's NEVER been a bad trip on shrooms. Just acid. Check it out. Have a few valium or klonipin or xanax on hand to "put on the brakes" if you have to but ,very rarely needed.

It's like being on an unguided rocket.. that could take you anywhere

My favorite thing to play with while tripping is a plasma ball. Lava lamps are neat also.

Watch tame impala music videos

You're going in with the wrong mentality. If you have a bad trip, it might be unavoidable. Don't try to fight it accept it. Last trip I was convinced I was going to die, I talked to Satan and got stalked by demons, until I accepted my death. After many bad trips I realized this... If you try to fight the trip, you'll eventually realize that the bad trip started before you began to fight it. Be prepared for delirium, and embrace it.

Full moon experience is an amazing combination with the already dilated pupils. The outdoors will literally dance for you and you can see all of it. Have a good movie to watch at either the beginning of the trip or near the end of the trip. But don’t waste your entire trip just watching tv.

Here’s a list of ones I’ve watched on shrooms and all of them were amazing : Natural born killers, Monty python and the quest for the holy grail, Tenacious D and the pick of destiny, pretty much any cartoon because the vibrant colors will be enhanced.

One trip I literally petted my brother’s two cats for half and hour and loved every minute of it.

>There's NEVER been a bad trip on shrooms.

what are you talking about nigger. i ate a quarter ounce one time and for sure thought i was going to die.

A buddy of mine his lava lamp burst while fucking with it like turning it upside down and stuff like normal how everyone does it blew right in front of us. Was a pretty big buzz kill watching boiling hot wax all over someone's skin and all that and then the fuse box blew out from the bulb getti ng wet and breaking so his place in the middle of nowhere became pitch black abd the only one who had any clue where the fuse box is or anything is covered in burning hot wax. Good times.

idk how people watch movies while tripping. i have absolutely no patience for that shit. much rather be outside exploring and shit

>Natural Born Killers
>a movie with bad drug trips in it

Nigga movies suck on psychs, especially movies like that.

Yeah. Don't go on youtube and watch videos titled "Watch this on shrooms"

That’s why I said at the beginning or at the end, you watch a movie while it’s still kicking in or when you’re coming down.

basically dont go on the fucking internet period. leave phone with sober friend(trip sitter) and go out and fucking explore.

psychedelics are meant to expand your consciousness, doing ANYTHING on the internet is basically completely contradictory to that.

Op dont be a bitch. Youll be fine if ur under 5g. Can drive on 4g. Microdose on about .5g to 1g a day.

You guys should have went outside in the dark.

Look at yourself in the mirror.

Except for Rekt threads, they cool

This mushroom is a fucking deadly one go ahaed eat it. Fucking cityfag

I love you. Have sex with me.

Not deadly. Just not trip inducing. You can buy these on the clear net you little shit.

Cut your ear off to save world war 2.

are you a male/trap/lgbtq+? are you a negress? are you a jew? are you a sjw?

if you answered no to all of the above, we may be able to work this out.

>don't drink too much water its bad for your kidneys
Are you retarded?
Source

don't listen to this fucking idiot OP. Start off with ~2grams. 3.5 grams of good shrooms will fuck your day up.

Been dying to try some soon as well OP, then I can take on my photography at a new level.

i did this my first time tripping. it was weird, but nothing too spectacular. pissing was actually weirder than looking in the mirror.

it's funny how everyone hates each other on this website until someone needs advice on how to not fucking kill themselves, which is ironic considering how often people tell each other to kill themselves.

I you haven't come up by now, nothing is going to happen.

I'm a male. And your responses just makes me want to have sex with you even more.

1\8 is the way to go, on a fasted stomach.

Pussy

newfag detected.

yes this is true, i plan to stay, this is exactly what i've been looking for my whole life

its funny how people in here post banana memes and then when someone pretends they need advice with drugs, they all become experts on drug taking. I wonder if some of these 15yr old kids went to some website to read about taking a shroom to post a tip here, atleast some kind of learning.

Ill make a post about how it was tomorrow. Taking them in the morning now cause my friends only day off

Eating anything 6 hours before or during the trip is going to mute the experience (unless you ate a lot of them)

Also don't even drink anything. Try to just eat the shrooms straight up. It can be hard to not wash them down but don't go crazy, its worth it. You're going to forget everything in as little as 15 minutes.

depending on the person, metabolism, weight - etc. Also you probably ate some shitty fucking mexican psilocybes. Try some actual fucking ecuadorians or azurescens and you'll be singing a different tune.

I would not advise a 1/8th for first time. ~2grams first time. then again all depends on quality of mushrooms. There is certain strains where literally a gram would send you on 1/4oz cubensis trip.

Mazafaka.

That's an amanita you stupid fucking nigger. I dare you to eat one of those, you'll surely be in for an interesting ride, kid!

dope lemme know how it goes!

1st trips are the best ever usually because youre focused on what the fuck badassery am i about to get into. few trips later you might have other stuff on your mind that ruins it. Havent had a good trip in my past 6 or 7 lsd sessions. havent seen good shrooms in a while. Sucks anons.

Dealer (which is also a decent buddy of mine) said 1.5 would probably be best for me. I am gonna listen to him on the amount.

you'll be fine if you keep your set/setting comfortable. if you're still worried, keep .5-1mg xanax nearby.

just the thought of having it nearby will probably be enough to prevent a bad trip. if you really need it, you can take it and be reassured that you'll be calm within minutes.

just making sure ;)

summer is
>thataway

1-1.5 initially is best. don't need to overdo it.

Dont have any xanx also I feel like that would be worse cause I dont wana touch that stuff. Also idk where to get xanx by tomorrow.

>Its funny how everyone here is just waiting to die

No. No it isnt.

My dude listen. Just ease into it. realize youre about to trip some baaaalls dude. enjoy it. Dont think about the bad because it wont happen. Just be mellow my dude.

I've taken an 1\8 of golden teachers or whatever the fuck and did not even trip. Tolerance.

Fucking dumb kike the picture is the first thing I found on google when I searched mushroom cause I wanted to be quick and was being lazy. I already said this so read the thread you illiterate negro

My dude has to be the cringiest thing millenials have adapted since planking.

1.5 grams will likely be a relatively gentle trip. Not bad advice. After you know what to expect you can take more the second time around. 3 to 3.5 grams is usually considered more of a "full trip" where you're likely to have some decent visuals and auditory hallucinations. At 1.5 your vision will likely just become more "clear" and doubtful any auditory hallucinations. It'll be quite a body high.

Remember that they come from the earth. No, you're not going to die. And ALWAYS remember that "this too shall pass" if any weird/bad thoughts come up. I doubt they will. Just enjoy the experience. 1.5g is not enough to kick most peoples asses.

treat the shrooms with respect. shit, do a mantra or something before you go on your journey. remember, psychedelics are NOT supposed to be "recreational" in the common sense. Treat them with respect. it's not like having a beer or taking a hit of weed. The shrooms will have lessons for you.

I see patterns/ancient hieroglyphics when I stare at the carpet or popcorn ceiling, crazy awesome alien patterns. Saw them in the clouds as well one time. Absolutely epic.

Also the "trip" will come in waves. It's kinda like being on a slow moving roller coaster. Each part of the trip will have it's own "theme". These are living organisms you're ingesting and mycelium and mushrooms are some of the oldest living organisms on the fuckin planet dude. They have existed since before modern humans did. There's some shit to be learned from them.

Like everyones said just be positive about it and you'll probably love the experience

You're probably right, because I'm a veteran tripper. But I always take 1\8. I don't fuck with shrooms, but I like to have fun.

yeah well i've went on binges where i eat a fucking eigth a day as well and no you wont feel shit after you've built up a tolerance. same goes for lsd.

You know we should just write a huge textbook that people can study while taking shrooms. For fucks sake, have free time, do something calm, and be sure they're shrooms.

I feel like this generation talks about drugs the same way they watch video games.

Okay guys let me get your opinion. I have tripped probably 50 times. But the past year or two I have not tripped because I have been dealing with a bunch of negative stuff mentally/physically. I also have bad anxiety and easily can have a panic attack. I don't necessarily want to trip, but taking shrooms again in the right environment sounds like a good time and of course can be educational for me. But, I would probably be alone.
So should I just take like 4mg of xanax or something and try to trip again? Or should I just try to keep reflecting my past experiences?
I'm just nervous I'd have a bad trip and call an ambulance or something retarded.

yeah a full 1/8th for a first timer is ill advised. they have no fucking clue what to expect lol and they will get the FULL force of it on a 1/8th of cubensis

Don't fight it
Don't mix it with any other drug
Have a comfy and safe area to do it
Ideally have a friend you trust around just in case you freak
Do 3.5 grams.

Slowly munch on them if nervous, you get less anxiety

1mg or less in one dose is not going to be habit-forming at all, but i understand if you want to set limits for yourself. it's just a 100% guaranteed way to kill panic attacks, that's the only reason i suggested it

You should probably work on reaching mental stability through some effort of changing your environment instead of throwing gas on the fire and hoping it works out correctly vs burn the woods down.

Steal some of mommy and daddy's liquor

Use a little if you need to. Probably not a bad idea to have 1 drink anyway.

I've taken those amanita (fly agaric) before. I was tripping BALLLS and I started chugging beer to come down. Worked. Massive hangover though. Do not fuck with those, far different from tryptamines.

>So should I just take like 4mg of xanax or something and try to trip again?

>4mg

nigger what the fuck. if you have to take 4mg of xanax for any reason what so ever you shouldn't be taking any fucking drugs until you sort out your mental issues. you need meditation, not psychedelics.

let me guess, smoking some good potent weed will send you into a raging panic attack as well yeah?

Don't listen to him. You have a huge resistance to alcohol on psychedelics, a lot of people OD cause they try to kill bad trips like that

these look like shit mexi shrooms like i was talking about. tiny as brittle stems. possibility they could be liberties but doubtful. looks like shit shrooms. no blue/purp staining.

4mg is outrageous, if you have no tolerance and need to take any more than 1mg to calm down then you probably shouldn't be doing what you're doing

oh yeah OP post a pic of your shrooms so we can guess what kind they are. helps so we can know their potency. if you have shitty mexi shrooms 1.5grams will do next to nothing

been blown on brick weed and sober on kush, you don't take drugs with your eyes

>18 yo senior btw

Dont have them with me. They are at my buddys place where we are going to do them. I am thinking i might start a thread after the trip is done and ill post pictures and stuff of it tomorrow. So just look for that thread

Yeah I am. I am slowly getting better every day. I have stopped smoking weed as much and drinking so I can not feel the need to take substances to enjoy life. Good advice.
I have a tolerance. I take about 1 or 2mg every few days.

>28yo alcoholic psychonaut, weed, shrooms, lsd, dmt, salvia, dxm, 2cb, 2ce, ketamine, hippy crack, extacy, somas, opiates, coke, meth(only handful of times)

try again newfag

Drink lots of alcohol along with it. Make sure you try it in a place you haven't been to before and with people you're meeting for the first time so you don't get bored. The day before, you should take the opportunity to express any personal issues you have with people in your life- the kind of issues that may lead to arguments and wounded feelings. This is the perfect time to do this because once the shrooms kick in you'll almost instantly resolve your side of the conflicts subconsciously and things usually go much more smoothly the next time you speak with them. Good luck, bro. Have a safe trip

Actually not even that often anymore unless I am deep in the feels.

anxiety can be overcome by dedication and patience. find a form of meditation that suits you. doesn't need to be sitting indian style searching for nirvana. could be walk in park, driving aimlessly, going on hikes - etc. find something that unwinds your mind. your goal should be to continue diminishing your reliance on anti anxiety pharmaceuticals.

think about it this way. how fucked are you going to be if little kimmy starts shooting nukes and you don't have a pharmacy to run to deal with your anxiety. you're one of the person people to be dead by natural selection in that scenario. mental independence from pharmaceuticals is a mandatory to leading a decent life.

remember, weed and alcohol will always exist. pharmaceuticals, no. (not promoting either but just tellin the truth)

I've been lookin to try them myself. My best advice would be to make sure you in a good place mentally an physically when you take em.

go out and watch nature
listen to some good music alice

I have put off meditating, so I am definitely going to start again. I know I can over come it because I have before. I haven't always had access to anxiety medicine either. Life has just been getting to me lately..
Thanks for your input Sup Forumsrother.

keep fighting the good fight user. you can overcome the bs. world is fucked to shit atm only thing to do is accept it.

lost my mom in 2008. worst fucking thing imaginable. worst anxiety of my fucking life. took years to get through it but i finally did and i'm only stronger because of it.

you'll make it Sup Forumsro

Word mah nigguh

I will always fight for the greater good.
Damn....I'm sorry for your loss man. I bet that was extremely painful and hard to overcome. I don't even want to imagine how awful it will be to lose my mother yet. I can tell you are stronger now though.
Thanks again for the advice and take care of yourself and I will do the same.
One love.

this is how I did it my first time. i swear this fixed my relationship with my dad