Why do football kits always use random colours that have nothing to do with the logo or team colours?

Why do football kits always use random colours that have nothing to do with the logo or team colours?

money

Depends on the equipment manufacturer

Nike is dogshit in this regard

>it's the leaf asked stupid questions episode

It's so that there is no chance of clashing with either of the kits the opposing team may have

So they pick some ugly pink or teal combos?

in some cases where both colours are not very dark or white they have to make up some Away kit

Third uniform is just for marketing purpose, Nike is horrible at this because they just copy the same shirt and change the base colour.

>Every team is Barca
Fuck sake I hate leafs

the stripes on their home colours is similar to the stripes on their crest doe

Away kits are meant to be deliberately meme tier so they don't clash with home kits, most of the time it's yellow or white, at least in England, it depends on the league.

if they do something noteworthy during a year where they have a certain random color away/third shirt, then eventually the shirt becomes a classic within itself and will make some reappearances down the line.

Please fucking ban all Canadian IPs from posting.

GOAT kit coming through

Ever team has weird pastel colours for their away and third kits.
Home about away is white, much easier.

I don't want to feel like I'm watching Tottenham Hotspur or the England Nation Team

Home: Blue
Away: Blue

literately why?

>all blue is the same
Amerilards, everyone

Not like you can't tell the difference between them

To irritate autists.

what happens when they play another blue team though

Yes, because the chance that the other team would have a pink or neon green colored kit is slimmer

Why do you always make this exact same thread when you've gotten every answer possible?

This is unnecessarily mean desu

These days a third kit would be used.

If not, if one of those isn't different enough for the ref, they might use a combination of shorts/socks from both kits or also have light blue shorts available. Some clubs keep on last season's away kit as a third kit.

If the blue team is a light blue, they can wear the dark blue one. If the blue team is a dark blue, they can wear their home one.

>YEAH EVERY TEAM DOES

What is your sample size? 10?

did you not see the chelsea v man city game today

>when you win the European Champions' Cup in your biggest rival's colours

I find this kit oddly pleasing

owners being jews

this is bound to happen in american sports as well, just think of how much money the NFL could make of selling millions of new Brady jerseys every year.

third kits are always the random experimental ones that undoubtedly get used in the biggest match of the year. there was one year that liverpool vs chelsea, or some equivalent match, was like white vs yellow

3rd kit = for money purposes, usually a gimmick. away kit = sometimes crazy, mostly just another way-off color. like real madrids pink ones last year were pretty cool

oh it's already happening in American sports and it's disgusting

Most NFL teams already have more meme options for their shirts, like 'colour rush', throwback, third colour, pro bowl, breast cancer awareness, military/camoflauge etc.

>third kits are always the random experimental ones that undoubtedly get used in the biggest match of the year.

Does this actually happen or are you memeing?

idk, tradition of european mediocrity

What do they do when they play a team in royal blue though? Both kits clash with that color.

then they play in this monstrosity

As a Chelsea fan I'm almost always disappointed with our kits because the away kit is rarely yellow any more. White ones I can deal with but I don't know why we always seem to have black ones in modern times. Yellow away kits are present throughout the history of the club and need to be used each year if I had my way. Of the Chelsea blogs and forums I browse, almost every user says the same about not caring what the away kit looks like as long as it's yellow. Leaked designs from the new Nike kits don't look promising in that regard, looks like white and black for the alternative kits yet again.