/éire/ - /eire/

XP edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

irishtimes.com/news/politics/tg4-debate-in-irish-cancelled-over-joan-burton-s-and-gerry-adams-lack-of-fluency-1.2534709
twitter.com/ConanGShore/status/865861566582927360
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Apparently leo has been learning Irish on the side over the last few months!

Look at that horrific treatment of minorities in this country. Who knows how long those leprechauns had to endure with proper steps to their cave.

/shtate/

*sharts*

who /munster/ here

>vlc

Mise.

Blog bump

Done 8 poos today. I really probably have intestinal parasites. Never have this problem with just regular food poisoning.

Munster should win easily.

Hairsprays have been woeful as of late.

I think so. Hopefully no injuries since Scarlets will be tough in the final.

When is the final? Two weeks from now?

It's next Saturday, they'll be fecking off for the summer tours and lions after that.

>having a Taoiseach who isn't fluent in Irish
Disgusting.

Even this gobshite can't speak Irish. He knows a few words to throw into English sentences but had to send Pearse Doherty to the TG4 debate last time because he wasn't able to converse or debate in Irish.

After checking it apparently that debate had to be cancelled on those grounds. kek

irishtimes.com/news/politics/tg4-debate-in-irish-cancelled-over-joan-burton-s-and-gerry-adams-lack-of-fluency-1.2534709

>Even this gobshite can't speak Irish
Are you sure? I've heard him speak Irish to a very high standard before. Maybe not fluently, but definitely passable.

Speaking of which, what was funny there during the last election was that the TG4 election debate had to be cancelled because only Micheál Martin and Enda were confident enough in their Irish skills to do it. Would have loved to have seen a debate even tween the two of them in Irish.

Have you ever heard him actually converse off the cuff in Irish or just repeat rehearsed lines and phrases?

Dunno. The Pro12 is Mickey Mouse stuff. Only a team with a small time mentality would view it as a success to win it.

Bit depressing to think that Vradkar could be next Taoiseach. I don't care about the gay part,but the fact that he's Indian is what upsets me. How would Michael Collins feel if he found out the future leader of Ireland would be Indian? It's just sad. To see foreigners pretty much run the country.

Leinster detected

>just repeat rehearsed lines and phrases?
Maybe that's what I'm thinking of. It just didn't occur to me that the leader of Sinn Féin might not be fluent in Irish.

Where did Martin McGuinness stand with Irish?

>repeat rehearsed lines and phrases?
He has one he really really likes anyway.

Varadkar is Irish.

Half-Indian = Not Irish

>the fact that he's Indian is what upsets me
severe autism

>To see foreigners pretty much run the country
Being democratically elected and rising to leader of the largest party isn't very indicative of that. The fact that a foreigner could rise to become leader shows that the natives believe him to be among their best. It serves as a promotion for immigration and integration if anything.
Though the premise is of course ridiculous as Varadkar is Irish born and raised.

>Varadkar got elected in Dublin
Not judging, just thinking.

It must be difficult to be so bigoted and alone. Seeing society shit over your beliefs at every turn while labeling you and your kind as the lowest of the lowest.

Collins is also a British name btw. Devalera Spanish in origin. Pearse was half English etc. Don't be stupid.

All European and any influence they may have had was gone in the family. Meanwhile Leo's dad is Indian and he was brought up like an Indian,not Irish.

wow, you're so above it.

Not him but can you even hear yourself right now? You sound like the biggest bitch on the planet.

>The second possibility is as an anglicized form of "Coileain" prefixed by "Mac or O", and found principally in the West of Ireland. In this case the name translates as "the young hound", the clan being hords of Connello, one of the earliest Irish name holders being Fr. Dominic Collins (1553 - 1602), other recordings include Roger Colynes (1329, Somerset), Agnice Collyns (1561, London), Agnete Collens (1586, Westminster) and Alce Collins (1549, London).
you're some yoke

I don't like Varadkar either but he was born and raised here. The same can't be said for Dev, Tom Clarke and Connolly if you wanted to make that comparison, which is irrelevant anyway.

>Meanwhile Leo's dad is Indian and he was brought up like an Indian,not Irish.
What is wrong with that? His father has nothing to do with it.

That's why I said also. I'm not familiar with his geniality.

That's very judgmental, you haven't a clue how he was brought up. Though turning out as a gay atheist globalist I'd suggest he has a strong western ethos instilled in him given that he's practically the embodiment of the modern young western politician.

Being nationalistic isn't bigoted, it's common sense.

primary school mentality

Nationalism is the last refuge of the scoundrel, to paraphrase.

pretty meaningless to point it out so considering he's Irish
loads of surnames have been gaelicized as well and taken from around Europe, comparing European ones to a poo surname from another continent is a completely different matter

You ate right to a degree but I don't like the unpredictability behind it. Anything could happen down the line regarding "racism" in Ireland and the liberal media will all act like he has a responsibility to deal with it because he's a "PoC" and he'll feel pressurised into being far more liberal than traditional.

The ironic thing in this discussion is that Juniper's parents are literally English.

a paraphrase taken from a quote taken out of context
you find it on huffpo you insufferable queer?

>pretty meaningless to point it out so considering he's Irish
Just like Varadkar.

Rate leo's boyfriend

>the leader of Ireland gets fucked in the ass every night

Can you really be okay with this?

That'll be news to them.

When you put it like that...

not sure how he feels about his own paternal heritage
Collins obviously considered himself Irish
Pearse was obsessed with everything Gaelic
De Valera gaelicized his name from Edward to Eamon, I assume to appeal to Sinn Féin nationalists at the time and Gaelic revivalists

Varadkar meanwhile is a self-professed anti-nationalist liberal queer, wouldn't really be a wonder to find out he embraces his paki heritage

>implying it wasn't already that way with Enda in charge

>Anything could happen down the line regarding "racism" in Ireland and the liberal media will all act like he has a responsibility to deal with it because he's a "PoC" and he'll feel pressurised into being far more liberal than traditional.
You sound like you've been conditioned to the paranoid and delusional anxieties of Sup Forums.

Very cute.

You're just assuming he's a bottom?

>Pearse was obsessed with everything Gaelic
Because his father was a Protestant Englishman. He was overcompensating. The psychology of Pearse is interesting nonetheless.

>De Valera gaelicized his name from Edward to Eamon
I think it was his family in Clare who did that.

>Varadkar meanwhile is a self-professed anti-nationalist liberal queer, wouldn't really be a wonder to find out he embraces his paki heritage
Some say Pearse was a paedophile. I know which I prefer given the choice. Why does it matter if he's conscious of his heritage? And in what way is a FG TD liberal?

>You ate right to a degree but I don't like the unpredictability behind it. Anything could happen down the line regarding "racism" in Ireland and the liberal media will all act like he has a responsibility to deal with it because he's a "PoC" and he'll feel pressurised into being far more liberal than traditional.
What are you even talking about? This is some serious nonsensical paranoia.

It's quite an American perspective on it alright.

>samefagging

Sad that some people pay more attention to Sup Forums than our political system. It's probably the same lad who said the other day they thought Francis Fitzgerald was male.

>I think it was his family in Clare who did that.
his mother put his name down as Edward, his father as George, apparently
probably for better job prospects, and then as I said when he got into politics he would've changed it to appeal to people who actually valued "Irishness" in a candidate
>He was overcompensating.
perhaps, I don't see anything wrong with this at all though and I'd be insecure if I had saxon genes also but thanks be to god I'm an Irishman™
>Some say Pearse was a paedophile.
loyalists always and west brits today who'd like some excuse for our deviation from what Pearse wanted for Ireland, which is now that he was a crazed extremist pedo
>Why does it matter if he's conscious of his heritage?
because of the ones you and I listed who definitely for some and perhaps for others had different heritages but chose to identify with the Irish one solely
Ireland is Irish and should be governed by the Irish, obviously something lost on you though
>And in what way is a FG TD liberal?
they're all liberals though, I don't think there exists a single illiberal party in power

The information comes courtesy of Tommy. I believe in Tommy.

>4 (four) (You)s

You really are brainwashed by Sup Forumss attempt to shift the centre by believing every aspect of establishment politics is left wing.

I'm calling them liberal, not left wing
they can be economically right wing and socially "left wing" which most seem to be, at least FG and FF which are both center but socially liberal afaik

>FF and FG are both socially liberal
No.

I would consider FG centre socially and FF centre right.

in what way

>you're racist
>you're 12
you're a bad person
>you're mentally ill or otherwise emotionally compromised

It's a good thing there's enough of you to circlejerk eachother, otherwise this would be a fairly hard sell for argumentation.

>loyalists always and west brits today who'd like some excuse for our deviation from what Pearse wanted for Ireland, which is now that he was a crazed extremist pedo
It's based on his poem "Little Lad of the Tricks". That said that sort of convention of romanticizing the innocent qualities of a child, or woman, was a peculiar Victorian sensibility, as well as similar to the Aisling format in Irish poetry of describing a woman's qualities as a metaphor for Ireland. I don't know what his intentions in that poem were though. It's still a bit perturbing.

He was an extremist though regardless of whether you believe in his Nationalist convictions.

>because of the ones you and I listed who definitely for some and perhaps for others had different heritages but chose to identify with the Irish one solely
>Ireland is Irish and should be governed by the Irish, obviously something lost on you though
But how is Varadkar not Irish? What indication is there that suggests he's part of some sort of ethnically subversive conspiracy to undermine Ireland? He's a committed Irish politician that has worked for years to further his convictions of what he believes is best for Ireland, whether I agree with them or not.

May as well pack up the national soccer team if we're going to be so cynical on people's origins.

FG is very much a party with two wings, a socially liberal urban one, and a conservative rural one.
FF clearly couldn't give a shite about gay marriage, and most of them certainly don't want abortion, as evidenced by their voting against the protection of life during pregnancy bill.

Sorry I was gone for a little there.

What I meant was how all the idiots in their country will claim it's "Win for LGBT and Immigrants all over Ireland". THEY are the ones who will focus on his race and sexual orientation more than anything and if Leo doesn't do something to please these groups,they'll start to demonise him for it. Don't even try to say "That won't happen" because it's already happening (look at Panti Bliss on The Sun) and it will be all over the news when he wins.

>May as well pack up the national soccer team if we're going to be so cynical on people's origins.
I suspect he's fine with people of foreign descent so long as they're white.

I have no idea how someone could claim FF are socially liberal. They're the cautious catholic grannys party of choice.

>FG centre socially and FF centre right.
see no difference desu
>But how is Varadkar not Irish?
if he embraces his other heritage rather than solely his Irish then he isn't by his own admission
if he were to fully embraced his Irish side then I'd have no qualms with calling him Irish but I presume he doesn't being a liberal globalist and the like
>What indication is there that suggests he's part of some sort of ethnically subversive conspiracy to undermine Ireland?
strawman
>May as well pack up the national soccer team if we're going to be so cynical on people's origins.
may as well be virtue of the origins of the game itself

not really
whingebag

>see no difference desu
Try paying attention to Irish politics

Personally I haven't heard the subject about his ethnicity or his sexuality broached yet in regards to his leadership bid or the implications of them.

Mainly I've been hearing things like this though: >FG is very much a party with two wings, a socially liberal urban one, and a conservative rural one.
In relation to the struggle between Coveney and Varadkar.

I don't think anyone really sees it as a big deal and I don't think Varadkar is held in a particularly high consideration as an example by "SJWs".

bit boring as I've said before but I should

my general view is of FF as a for-profit centrist sort of party generally not concerned with shite like gay marriage and such as you said and of FG being the socially liberal center party
so with nothing opposing liberalism as it's pushed I feel I can safely say that there's nothing illiberal in Irish politics that has any power

>see no difference desu
t. national party member

>if he embraces his other heritage rather than solely his Irish then he isn't by his own admission
It's unreasonable to suggest that people can't appreciate their heritage while still being Irish.

Do you even vote in elections?

don't think so
to use a metaphor that might be a little shitty:
it's like being at a fork in the road when having two heritages, suggesting the person go between them and arrive at no destination (call the destination 'nationality') makes no sense
no party I'd willingly vote for
a waste of time

t. actual child who's never voted

Why are you even discussing it if you don't follow Irish politics or vote?

twitter.com/ConanGShore/status/865861566582927360

alright, which one of you was this?

I was going to post this earlier, but I forgot.
Peoples twitters are cancerous aren't they?

do you have a short attention span?
the original line discussion wasn't about politics, it was more ideological
I'm 20 and I never have and probably never will
the two major parties are samey centrist ones that don't appeal to me, if I were to vote I'd give it to an independent or some shite but they're all pretty bad in Dublin from my perspective

I'd call the graffiti slightly more cancerous you mong

>Be angry, but don't be scared, that's how these eejits win. Be brave and kind and fab. That's how the good win
its funny how they see real life in terms of a movie

>.It doesn't make me upset more so angry. If this is our capitals attitude where can one go to be Queer anymore?
the grave, perhaps

At least we live in a day and age where messages like that can only be made anonymously and under the cover of darkness. It wasn't so long ago where it was socially acceptable to openly discriminate against gays.

or be the taoiseach

>this is completely terrifying - second sw*stika I've seen in Dublin this week
The swastica is now a curseword apparently. The graffiti is probably just some edgelord teenagers but they go on like a gay has just been lynched

>mong

you try very hard jags

thanks?

That picture was taken in California. Nice try, potatonigger.

um
ur welcome?

That's an absolutist take on it. If that's the way you feel fair enough but I really don't understand it.

Do you really think if he was conscious of his heritage it would affect him and he may have ulterior motives or motives that are contrary to the benefits of Ireland? Because that would be based only on suspicious conjecture.

Howth probably. After a night of regret and shame.