Did any of you niggers watch Fullmetal Alchemist? Either series, 2003 or 2008

i did, and i loved it

Watched both, own the manga volumes.

Watched both
Fond Nostalgia for the 2003 series
Great admiration for Brotherhood
Love the manga.

Only the 2003.

I haven't watched Brotherhoodbyet. What's the difference?

Watched both and read the manga. The manga has the best pacing and ending. The 2003 one is nice too but it isn’t faithful to the source material. I liked Brotherhood very much but I still preferred the manga.

I don't like anime, but I watched both shows and I liked them.

I found Brotherhood to be better, even though it often misses a mark.
I'd be great if some western studio remade it.

it compresses what the first anime series did into the first 10ish episodes, and then branches hard with new characters into something very different
they both have cool concepts. but Brotherhood is on a much bigger scale, storywise and endwise. Their dad gets introduced in episode 20 instead of episode 43. By episode 43 they're working towards the final battle, in Brotherhood

oh and, 2003 anime ending is beautiful to me, it's so sad and I love sad endings. I don't dislike 2003, i just can't rewatch it until episode 30ish

The episode with the butcher guy made me look at anime heroes a lot differently, i always liked the scene with ed restrained without his arm. Really drove home the danger of his situation. Never really seen an anime do that since. Instill a lot of reality in an otherwise fantasy world.

Brotherhood follows the manga and has a much more satisfying ending.

>fullmetal alchemist
too soon

Why does she look like the type of broad that would ask to see your manager?

>asks to see managers
>kicks him in the face and throws him through the wall
>takes over as new manager

half-doggy fatalist

The 2003 series deviates from the manga, brotherhood doesn't.

Watched some of the older one, think 10 episodes. But I got distracted with Love Hina and puberty was afoot.

Brotherhood is fucking tits, lots of feels; good and bad.

I thought they were both great for different reasons. 2003 was a great character drama, and Brotherhood was a great action-comedy. But Brotherhood really suffered by rushing through the early parts so much, and 2003 was so melodramatic at times that it bordered on silliness, so neither of them are perfect, either.

good analysis
both are enjoyable
watch the old one first

so while on the topic of animes with two different versions

Hellsing original or Hellsing OVA?

OVA, definitely. The only thing the original has over the OVA is the jazzy soundtrack. But everything else was god-awful in the TV series and was only carried by the novelty of the source material itself.

completely agree
OVA is what i wished for when i was younger watching the original
police girl my first and only waifu

episode 1 of old hellsing is great, I would watch just ep 1 and then watch the ova

2003 is unbelievably superior in ever way except aspect ratio.

there were a few good episodes
but the series as a whole was just fucking chaotic, all over the fucking place, never felt very linear like with the OVA

I watched both. While I did enjoy the 2003 series, I did like Brotherhood much better. It did a very good job of following the manga to the letter

A lot of what it boils down to is: They're both great, you should watch both - the order in which you watch them depends on whether or not you read the manga. If you haven't read it, watch 2003 first then Brotherhood. If you have read the manga, watch Brotherhood first.

Why the fuck did they shrink her titties?!

they were trying to dissuade the waves of rule34 versions of her that were taking the interwebz by storm

I've been watching anime for a decade and I'm still pretty sure that FMA: Brotherhood is the best anime that's been produced.

It follows the manga so closely that it unfolds as an amazing sequence of 4 distinct acts that all come together in a way that puts most major motion pictures to shame. Spectacular from beginning to end.

And the original FMA is good, too. Just not AS good

Watched bother versions and read manga. 2003 ending made me want to curb stomp an infant.

>they were trying to dissuade the waves of rule34 versions of her that were taking the interwebz by storm

So they "slut shamed her". What message are they sending to young women with large breast?

when someone writes something for years and it comes to an end, that's awesome. but then a lot of times, it gets "adapted" instead of "translated" to movie or anime, and takes liberties. it changes shit you liked because this person who said "i like this enough to animate it, but i have better ideas" fuck
when you have a multi-year story all laid out, you can plan around how many episodes you want and divide the chapters up properly. it's how it should ALWAYS be done, there is no creative input necessary, just god damn make what we've read and put it on the screen with music

sure why not
but i wouldn't take anything i say seriously
>nothing but shitposts

no time traveling nazis in brotherhood

>The stories and information posted here are autistic works of fiction and falsehood.

can someone explain?

While we're on topic...will Miura die before he finishes Berserk? Or will he bitch out like Oku did with Gantz?

fucking kek

Fucking weeb

The 2003 one yeah. Coincidentally, I hated that teacher character

Watched both.
2003 version sadly goes off the rails as soon as they caught up to the manga, which wasn't finished at that point. After that, it's garbage.
2003 and 2009 both have great soundtracks though. I don't think the 2009 OST is worse objectively, but the 2003 OST is burned into my soul. The Russian 'brothers' song is burned into my soul as the epitome of FMA.
All in all, the 2009 version is clearly superior. Animation is absolutely fantastic, there's no filler and it's a complete adaptation of the manga, which tells a satisfying story.

Qué?

Ready for the shit live-action movie?

fucking saved kek'd and now on a mission to retrieve sides debris from lower atmosphere

First half of 2003 anime is better than brotherhood but then it starts to go to shit and fast.
I have read manga too many times.

brothers is beautiful, wish it didn't have such a gay title

Is a song named 'brothers' about actual, literal brothers gay now?

yes

The 2003 anime ran when the manga wasn't even halfway finished, though. The director and the author of the manga knew going in that the ending would have to be fabricated.