He didn't review your favorite album

>he didn't review your favorite album
is there worse of a feeling than this?

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/vol4/lustmord.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's okay because Fantano did and he's better anyways (:

Fantano a hip hop loving shit.

he didnt review it either but I don't give a shit about his opinion. no it's not a hip-hop album

yes
>he reviewed your favorite album

>he gave your favorite album a 6 or a 7, like he gives pretty much every album ever

would probably give it a 4 anyways

If he didn't review your favorite album it's probably crap

this tbqhwyf

>Pink Moon 8.0
>ITAOTS 7.5
>STGSTV 7.5
He secretely hid his 10.0s in the 7.5-8.0 section and will only up them on his death bed.

yes
>he gave your favorite album 7.5 or higher

I wish he reviewed the rest of the Residents albums

Ghost of Hope was pretty good, probably a 6.5

>review is only in Italian with no score

what where's this "Scaruffi doesn't like hip-hop" stuff coming from? he just has incredibly patrician taste in it, see pic related

Scaruffi
Chrisgau
Fantano
AND pitchfork have not reviewed my favorite album.

scaruffi doesn't review albums he'd give 10/10

I'm almost certain that he's never heard a single one of my top 10 albums and it's a great feeling because I don't think he would understand or appreciate them.

>he didn't list your country as one of his top 10

God, Christgau is such an ass.

Interesting considering I've tried to consider every music critic worth listening to. If the critic isn't listed in the catalog, I strongly recommend you forget him. I haven't always listened to mid-career reviews by a forgotten critics, and I've often ignored late career reviews, when the critic, being the original faggot, has an early plateau of popularity and a long, slow decline.

According to Christgau's Consumer Guide, "I've tried to review every rock album worth owning. If the album isn't listed in here, I strongly recommend you forget it. I haven't always reviewed mid-career albums by a mediocre artist, and I've often ignored late career albums, where the rocker, being the original romantic, has an early plateau and a long, slow decline."

"Subjects For Further Research denotes an artist I respect, but haven't had the time or motivation to fully explore their discography. Distinctions Not Cost Effective denotes an artist whose few good albums wouldn't be worth digging through all of their bad ones to find, while Meltdown denotes an artist whose best albums wouldn't be worth your time. New Wave designates assorted minor punk, alternative, and New Wave artists that interested me, but who were just too minor to bother including in the Consumer Guide."

tl;dr don't listen to anything I wouldn't listen to

Talk about ego through the roof.

Reviews on RYM and Metal Injection are far more trustworthy than anything you'll get from professional "critics". These are usually just smug faggots who don't actually tell you anything useful about the album and instead just want to show off how patrician their music taste is.

i listened to these albums and i really dont understand what's so 'original' about them. can you explain to me why he holds them in high regard?

Except in Christgau's case, he's actually a huge pleb who happens to be super pretentious about his pleb taste

>tfw Scaruffi has yet to review Scatman's World when he gave Aqua's Aquarium a 7

what albums could they be trips-getter?

no one said that, but while he doesnt have any hate for hip-hop, he doesnt have any deep passion for the genre either. Fantano on the other hand reviews a lot more hip-hop since he is more fond of the genre and is willing to go into more underground and popular releases

they are elaborate sound collages; all are very well crafted and concise.
excellent sample work (plunderphonics, as well as references)
and the level of quality never wavers across four 4+ hour albums

is this your first time listening to sound collages and plunderphonics?

RYM is nothing but contrarians and hipsters Discogs is a marketplace where sellers can inflate scores
all reviewers have their individual biases.
trust no one's ears but your own like so many music fans have throughout the years.

Why would you care about a opinion of somebody you don't know?

How's he a pleb? His top 20 album lists are usually patrish.

>they are elaborate sound collages; all are very well crafted and concise.
>excellent sample work (plunderphonics, as well as references)
>and the level of quality never wavers across four 4+ hour albums
this is such a scaruffi drone opinion to have
the quality dips over 4 hours obviously and the whole 4 hour thing became stale after the first album
unnecessarily long and repetetive

>9/10

shite

That list isn't that patrician, he just namechecks all the usual critical darlings from the 70s.

>Highway to Hell and Van Halen II not listed
Into the trash it goes.

That's why it's a patrician list, dumb buttrocker.

I'm Italian, I can translate it for you

He did, and all he had to say about it was that it was fitting for working-class barbecues. Hated him ever since.

Have at it.

Is there a single critic that doesn't love Pere Ubu?

this, what's with all the hype for pere ubu
never liked them that much myself, they're just too goofy, i like the more angular side of post-punk

>Dave fucking Edmunds

I was going to dismiss this list, but god damn, that is a royal sized lolwut right there. Must be a sentimental favorite from back when the chrisrod still worked.

just tell me the album

My cousin was a teenager back then and I can tell you these critics' lists did not represent what most of the kids were listening to in 1979 by any stretch.

they're the embodiment of a certain Animal House, John Belushi sensibility, but artsy. Think Steve Martin and the cast of Ghostbusters throwing a party in 1979.

t. RYM regular

>and I can tell you these critics' lists did not represent what most of the kids were listening to in 1979 by any stretch
Lemme guess, a whole lot of Foreigner, Boston, and Van Halen?

i see what you mean, i wasn't trying to like insult them, i respect them, i'm just not big into them myself

That doesn't matter. Most teenagers are plebian buttrock lovers.

not him but could you translate The Monstrous Soul and Heresy please?
scaruffi.com/vol4/lustmord.html

Pretty much. The average teen listened to AOR while the few weird alternative kids listened to Talking Heads or Devo.

Dave Edmunds was part of the rockabilly revival fad in the late 70s-early 80s, I guess Christgau thought his music was nostalgic or something.

even better, contact him to have your translation on the website permanently

Repeat When Necessary [Swan Song, 1979]

This sounds like a Rockpile album while Nick Lowe's doesn't because Lowe loves rock and roll for everything it implies as culture while Edmunds loves it for everything it is as music. There is a richness of reference here that leaves Edmunds's rockabilly phase far behind--five of the songs are imaginative genre pieces from two pubberies that appear to specialize in pub-rock revivalism, new ones by Parker and Costello add that contemporary touch, and the zesty remake of "Home in My Hand" cuts Brinsley Schwarz's. But what defines the music is Edmunds's willingness to defer to the overdrive of the two other guys in the band, unsung guitarist Billy Bremner and pitiless drummer Terry Williams. In unity there is power. A-

>scaruffi.com/vol4/lustmord.html

Heresy is a scary/"disturbing", six-parts suite made between 1985 and 1989 and recorded in a subterranean room. It showed a different musician, less industrial and more abstract. Lustmord (i.e. he and three assistants) gave up gothic poses in favour of a more conscious study of the sound. The disc put him among the new protagonists of new industrial music and reevaluates every past works.

The Monstrous Soul (Side Effects, 1992 - Soleilmoon, 1999) was recorded in 1990 together with Adi Newton from Clock DVA, it kept instead to speculate on electronic ambient and gothic mood (especially in the first 25 minutes of Primordial Atom)

>dude wearing a skinny New Wave tie playing vaguely retro 50s-60s pop rock
Who wouldn't want?

he does not usually accept Italian to English translates, because it's not a "natural" English,

The British clung to the ghost of the 50s for long after Americans had abandoned it.

Listening to this. It's not a bad neo-rockabilly record and of course is tighter, cleaner, and better recorded than the real stuff from the 50s.

thank you
kinda underwhelming desu

I'd drop Eat to the Beat, it was a letdown compared with Parallel Lines.

Having a crush while depressed and being conscious you're not a goodlooking guy

Literally worst feeling ever

small brain:
>having a favorite album and seeing what scaruffi thinks about it
big brain:
>recognizing scaruffi knows music better than you and letting him pick your favorite album

He gave mine a 6 even though I didn't expect anything above a 3.

It should, but Christgau was a hopeless Debbie Harry waifufag back in the day (Lester Bangs couldn't stand Blondie).

From his end-of-year review for 1979:

>But as much as I love Blondie, an entire world of Blondies wouldn't be much fun, in fact it would risk having New Wave suffer the same fate as disco and turn into a symbol of derision.

>I like Tom Petty as well, his latest album "Damn the Torpedoes" is his best yet. The Heartbreakers (his Heartbreakers, this Johnny Thunders fan should specify) are now rocking as powerfully as he's writing. But whether Tom has anything to actually say, any reason to rock out beyond the sheer need of doing so, remains yet to be seen. If all of rock and roll became like Tom Petty, then Johnny Rotten will have died in vain.

At least Christgau isn't a pedophile like Scruffy there.

Scaruffi is a little too into buttmetal for my taste.

>tfw not only he reviewed it, but it was one of the best albums of that year according to him
It feels fucking great to be a patrician.

this