Post cool/interesting/unusual things you own in this thread

Post cool/interesting/unusual things you own in this thread.

Here's a meteorite to start the thread

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/5HOYIhj.jpg
i.imgur.com/H6nP6fO.jpg
i.imgur.com/MjNx81L.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This.

I own nothing interesting
my money goes to bills, food, and rent
the most interesting thing i own is the fact that i know i am going to die unknown, with nothing to my name, forgotten by history and most likely my own offspring by the third generation.
does that count as something cool/interesting/unusual?

>inb4 no

Classification? Known location of recovery or time of fall?

You could try going out with a bang, dress up as superman and jump from the empire state building, you will be on wikipedia and other articles related to odd deaths.

not gonna lie
have thought about doing that
currently though at a point where i think the best route is to write a well thought out manifesto, copies, then scatter and hide them, mail them to random locations etc. in the hopes that maybe one day they will inspire a cult, uprising, whatever and there are thousands of people following its batshit crazy idealogy
less chance of success than going out trying to beat the record but i feel like if it was successful would be more powerful of a bang ye know

It's a Campo del Cielo
Searching that will answer any questions you have

Dank

Why would you post in this thread then?
Why did you know the thread?
What are you trying to achieve by doing this?

And you Why are you encouraging him?

>Here are two meteorites.

What have you got user?
You have to have something worth posting
>pic related counts because she's cool as fuck

because misery loves company OP

welcome to Sup Forums

kek'd

I also have a meteorite! It is more "hole-y" than that. But I know nothing about it other than my Grandmother found it like 40 years ago in Maine.

Been here forever.
Pandering to mopey depressed faggots has never been acceptable behaviour
Perhaps someone should welcome you

These are pyritized sea shells and trilobite fragments from Sylvania Ohio that I found. They come from the Devonian period when what we now know as Ohio was closer to the equator and covered in rich tropical seas.

The image is too big so here's a link: i.imgur.com/5HOYIhj.jpg

Nice.
But what kind of shoop job did you do to replicate nub#1

Post pics

Such a great and real phrase. Also, MLK Misery Loves Kompany is a good album

That's cool as fuck if you actually found that.
Pic gives obvious doubt.
What did you use for the split?

This is a piece of the Hindenburg Zeppelin that infamously went up in flames.

Theres 90%miserable threads on here.
Why choose one of the few that is unique and interactive?

File size too big
imgur.com/a/UlDYz

because it's no fun reminding miserable people about misery
i much prefer being in a room of happy people and reminding them of their own mortality

Now that's unique if real.
I am suspicious of the authenticity being written in wrapping paper in English though.

it crashed in new jersey; see how that works???

plus i think you are missing the fact that i chose to share it as the only thing of interest i own
and then you tell me i can't share that in a thread meant for sharing interesting and unique things you own
im sorry its not as flashy and super cool as a meteorite but it's all i gots

Yep, I found that! I split it with a flat head chisel and a hammer. It was pretty soft limestone.

Here's a pic of another piece: i.imgur.com/H6nP6fO.jpg

And here's a piece of fossilized palm tree from the Cretaceous I found in Arizona: i.imgur.com/MjNx81L.jpg

Several Roman Denarii, these are the two oldest I have.

Left
Cn. Domitius Ahenobarbus AR Denarius. Rome Mint, 128 BC. ~2145 years old
Obv: Head of Roma right in winged helmet, * below chin
Rev: ROMA above Victory driving biga right; below horses, man fighting lion; CN•DOM in exergue.

Right
Q.Marcius Libo, Denarius. Rome Mint, 148 BC. ~2165 years old
Obv: helmeted head of Roma right, LIBO behind, X before.
Rev: Dioscuri galloping right, Q MARC below horses. Roma in exergue.

It was taken from the crash site by my grandfather. He was a collector of stuff. Having it wrapped in a brown paper bag with the date and location was kind of his thing.

I also have a bunch of old family letters dating back to the 1800s, some from the civil war too.

That's nice.
Doesn't look like iron.
Looks it's full if pallasite though, stony pallasite is worth less than iron, but you could make a decent amount of cash slicing that up and selling the slices.

I wouldn't sell it if I owned it, especially if a family member found it.
But it get it looked at to confirm it's got pallasites( I can't confirm from those pics), and if it's confirmed, it get it cut in half down the middle so it could be displayed open to show them, or put together and still look exactly as it was

I got me one of these here computers, back when real men used 'puters

SGI Unix was so fucking awesome

Looks like a massive turd, OP.
Have you ever questioned if this piece of space is some kind of health risk?
You know, radioactive or something?

That's pretty sweet.

Value? I would treasure those, man.
When I look at it, it definitely doesn't have the gold-ish color I see in pallasite pictures, so I doubt it. But I don't plan on selling it regardless. $30 isn't as good as a memorable item

>Have you ever questioned if this piece of space is some kind of health risk?
>You know, radioactive or something?

This is real life, not a comic book.

oh nice, I just started my ancient Greek/Roman collection, I have about 4 of the Republic coins, 2 of them look like yours but I'm still learning how to identify them

pic - I got one of these too

>stony pallasite is worth less than iron

Are they really?

Oh nvm, I thought you meant raw terrestrial iron. Not iron as in iron meteorite.

Impressive.
I'd buy it if it for sale.
Her as some fossilised seabed from the silurian.
Worm tracks from earliest multicell life

Ignorance much, user?
Have you ever heard that space is actually radiating? Without the proper outfit, people would die of radiation. Also the frozen water in some random rocks might contain life forms, not known to mankind. At least that's what scientists say and hope to find. Guess why they try to get all kind of samples of planets?

Believe it or not,

Here is a gold $5 coin from 1907

I own a bad liver

Give ya $5 for it

kek
this guy gets it

If you know who obtained it, and know they aren't lying, that's all you need for confirmation.
Yours is definitely the coolest as far as historical significance goes so far

My antique steel wire recorder. Have some wire reels of my great grandfather telling stories and my dad as a small child talking.

Very Nice!!

You know what they're worth?
I know a lot of old do man coins are common enough to not be worth much, and some are worth a lot.
If they were mine I'd keep them regardless unless the same value was extreme

those look like they are in really good condition - how much did you pay for each?

Its all family heirlooms. I have zero reason to doubt the authenticity of anything.

What the fuck is that?
My first computer was an Amstrad, that ran on cassette tapes.
It had a 2 colour monitor(not black and white), and the mouse hadn't been invented yet.
Your shit is lame

>Ignorance much, user?

Yes, you seem to have a lot of it.

>Have you ever heard that space is actually radiating?

When scientists talk about radiation in space they are talking about cosmic rays and charged particles that stream out from high energy events like super nova and coronal mass ejections. There is a big difference between those and a radioactive decay source; a decay source is a more constant radiation source in an object, if an object is exposed to ionizing radiation it will not become radioactive. If an object is exposed to cosmic rays it /could/ have the masses of some of its atoms increased by neutron capture, which would then decay back eventually if unstable - but this happens so infrequently that it's negligible.

>Without the proper outfit, people would die of radiation.

No shit dude, ionizing radiation is dangerous for life. This is a rock.

>Also the frozen water in some random rocks might contain life forms, not known to mankind.

Quite possibly.

>At least that's what scientists say and hope to find. Guess why they try to get all kind of samples of planets?

No. Scientists want to get ahold of space rocks to understand the formation of the solar system.

1st edition charizard!!

cool

Eh, i read the last quote wrong. It's a good reason to get samples from the planets.

i suppose this is dirt and dust which gets in the shockwaves way

Gordian III is super common IIRC I paid 62.00 for the left and 58.00 for the right. The republican era coins I posted earlier were 185.00 each. These are in even better condition, just need to get around to de-slabbing them

>No shit dude, ionizing radiation is dangerous for life. This is a rock.
it was about then, that good ole andy dufrain made every side in that place lift off

I don't get it

Suppressor, my first that I got approved for finally in January.

dude - Amstrad was cool and all that, but that was a toy compared to the real big iron shit available at the same time.

They made Terminator 2 and Jurassic Park using these systems, in fact pic related - that was a real SGI system and the program they were using was called FSN (file system navigator)

FEED ME ELECTRICITY AND I SHALL REGURGITATE MUSIC!
I love those old radios

yeah I hear you, I'm not much of a slab fan, and I don't think it really matter with the ancients. Matters like fuck hell in us currency, thats why I don't bother. I like holding them

lol worried about a space rock, when literal shit tons of gramma's dishes are radioactive, have a fun thanksgiving!

Pic is a candy bowl I liked as a kid so my Grandma made sure I got it when she passed...... thanks lol

You will Also need a gun user just saying

The old nigger coinboxes are cool, but that one looks to be in too good condition to be an original.
Still cool even as a repro

>It's a Unix system!

forgot pic....... must be the radiation

>when literal shit tons of gramma's dishes are radioactive

Uranium glass? A friend of mine has a bunch of that. Pretty neat stuff.

Nice, I have the same one. Fun as hell to shoot with.

of course I do

yup uranium glass and fiestaware red dishes, the color was appropriately called radioactive red

Fuck yes.
This one is special
I'm.guessing you're over 30?

There is a famous radio broadcast as the Hindenburg goes down. The announcer described the scene unfolding before him.and at one point says "Oh the Humanity!"

>called radioactive red
Lel

Yeah. I am over 30. Here are some of the wire reels and the mic

Underage b&

This is 100 carats of blue topaze and other 100 of worthless citrine (burned amethyst) - I bought this load for 125 dollars from an unaware guy. Will sell it at least 5x more

this is the OG zard from 1999 newfag

The manufacturer's plate

Not what i expected for This thread, but it's cool, so it fits

These are fake. They are funny for being that fake. Come on.

No user....
Nobody made any modern movie on an Amstrad bought in the early-mid 80's
Go make shit up somewhere else

Well played user

I have a pretty decent collections of emeralds

lol ok man...... been collecting these for almost 22 years now, as long as you buy from trusted long term dealers and NOT eBay or from sellers in italy while on holiday, you won't get fakes.

yep. Unfortunately ... you probably know their value, don't you?

>sellers in italy while on holiday

That's exactly what they look like.
Please have them examined by a real pro.
These are supposed to look like 2000 year old coins, not new.
Jesus

Since the one user was all over the meteor rock and how it's radioactive..... I guess this classifies as unusual for this thread. One of my Uranium ore samples........ pretty hot rock

That's impressive
Near perfect condition from what I can see, and historically significant.
You're winning the thread so far in my opinion.

Do you know if it still works?

Sure I do. These are my lesser ones, lower quality. That's why they are in a bowl. I have larger ones and nicer ones which are worth more.