Wanky gay white people post-bop is better than classic jazz albums by Pharoah Sanders, John Coltrane, and Charles Mingus

>wanky gay white people post-bop is better than classic jazz albums by Pharoah Sanders, John Coltrane, and Charles Mingus
you don't still take this guy seriously do you? he's literally even worse than scaruffi

Unlike /mu he's an actual musician who plays real music and not shitty rawk.

He knows better than you.

You are not him, don't pretend

Yeah I lost all respect for him when he rated that Vijay Iyer piece of shit 5 stars

Literal who

Which specific albums are you talking about and what parts of his reviews do you disagree with? Or were you just shitposting?

I haven't heard it yet but what would you rate it and why?

Yeah he's kind of a tit but honestly still way better than Scaruffi. At least as far as jazz is concerned.

>another race wars thread
just what we fucking needed

what we need is an actual race war

i agree, i want all of you bloodthirsty faggots to kill each other while i stay at home playing vidya

He hasn't even rated any mingus albums. You're actually still mad about the Ryo Fukui review aren't you?

>He knows better than you
And yet he almost entirely relies on emotional descriptors and explanations of personal preference. That's especially bad considering the genre he's reviewing. Controversy works - fascinating, isn't it? Was he a tripfriend here a couple of years ago?

Why does this matter?

It's just his opinion on the album

Are you mad that he doesn't agree with you?

Garbage thread

He's definitely got some strange opinions and an annoyingly smug attitude but it's honestly way better than this attitude that "anything with Coltranes or Mingus's name on it is automatically a masterpiece."

Who are some better jazz critics then?

Feel free to actually refute anything specific from that (or other) reviews...

>Doesn't care about anything before bebop
>Doesn't care about free jazz at all
>Mainly focuses on 70s-present, or whatever allaboutjazz reviews

>tfw JTG gives a high rating to an album you like so you have to stop liking it otherwise you're a drone

Because OP is an insecure black supremacist, probably a self hating white too

That's literally the only reason he would mention race in his post.

>entirely relies on emotional descriptors and explanations of personal preference.
Dude literally explained what's actually going on musically on the album in that review in OP pic are you fucking blind, mentally retarded, or a troll?
He's right though. All that Spiritual jazz stuff is pretty shitty wank outside of John Coltrane's stuff that's got that label. Also like over half his 5s are black people so idk what you're on.

Other than a two chord vamp and ostinato bassline, there's nothing tangible. And he concluded with repetitive and bloated, not offering anything new compared to Coltrane's A Love Supreme. I'm not saying anything about either of those albums, but that's not a proper review of a jazz album and yet people take it as if it were a doctrine. I'll also be sure to take you seriously with the "shitty wank except Coltrane" stuff.

>Other than a two chord vamp and ostinato bassline, there's nothing tangible
Because that's literally the whole song

>jazz "critic" describes album as "clever"

It's just the opposite actually. He completely misses the point of the album by ignoring the emotional impact of the music.

Did you conveniently ignore the sentences that come before and after that? Jesus christ, you kids really should read or watch or experience the entirety of something before critiquing it. It becomes that much more obvious otherwise that you skimmed and didn't pick up on anything.

>muh emotions
That's entirely subjective though and not something that boosts the enjoyment of a particular musical work for every single person. A normie will get far more emotional enjoyment from a Taylor Swift track than Karma, while you might feel the opposite.

Still looking for some suggestions of better or just other jazz critics.

Don't pay attention to "critics." Make up your own mind.