Help Sup Forums all my new college theatre friends think I'm a liberal (im a registered republican)...

Help Sup Forums all my new college theatre friends think I'm a liberal (im a registered republican). Whenever we talk about politics I'm very careful to not reveal my power level but it's getting to the point that I'm basically lying about my affiliation. I like these guys and I know that they'll hate me if they know the true me. Should I come out of the closet?

Tl;dr should I tell my liberal friends I'm conservative?

>implying Trump is a conservative

>I didn't

Absolutely did

Where did I do that?

Liberals are cool. They might be annoyed you didn't tell them upfront, but I don't think anything would happen.
If they're fanatics, then why are you friends with them?

If your friends don't like you because of your political views, they are not your friends.

are you real?

Just don't be an asshole about your beliefs, and you should be fine. What kinds of things do you believe that you expect to be controversial?

I don't have a lot of friends

I said I'm a conservative and I posted a Trump gif because I support him and that's part of the reason why I feel they'll have ill feelings toward me.

I have no issue with gays but I question their ability to raise children and I believe that transexualism is a mental illness

You're kind of a boring person. Say something cool.

Is this cool?

You can find better, less idealistic friends who accept you for things other than the fact you sit there and nod about every dumb political thing they spout

You didn't make that so it doesn't count. It adds to the boring that you couldn't come up with something original.

I once directed a play

You should quit being a retard. Conservatives are literally the stupidest people on the planet. If it weren't for a stupid Constitution, you wouldn't even be a blip on the political radar.

gay

I mean, that first one is just factually wrong. Moreover, the second is unfounded. Homosexuality, BDSM, anti-theism, etc. were all considered mental illnesses in their day; just about any unpopular form of expression is classified as such.

That said, I probably would keep it to myself around liberal friends. Some of them might chimp out like liberals tend to.

If they avoid you for superficial political views then they were just shitty people anyway. I just avoid talking politics to friends anyway.

That's a good representation of what my ignorant friends would say. They're very nice people, but not the brightest

Little bit

I still think they all are

I try but everyone loves showing off who they voted for