I don't get the appeal at all. Someone please help me

I don't get the appeal at all. Someone please help me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mvPIvoJkmGs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's okay user, you don't have to like everything. If you didn't like it move on to something you do like, or something new and see if you like that instead.

overrated interpol ripoff

Closer is better. Try it if you haven't already

>I've been waiting for a guy to come and take me from behind

guide

get better headphones

I know and there are plenty of critically loved albums I'm not crazy about, but with those I can most often still appreciate why others love them.
I'm not necessarily trying to force myself to love it (though coming back to an album you didn't care for at all in the past, then falling in love with it is always a great feeling), just to understand what others love about it.

hej jon

fucking tame impala rip off

its mediocre musicians making good music, like velvet underground, it shows that music doesnt have to be good to be good

get a shit brain

try Pere Ubu and The Pop Group instead

Because it's shit and New Order is far better

>he thinks New Order is better than Joy Division

Chad.

Fuck off.

I agree. I'd add Sex Pistols too.

>he likes the Sex Pistols
chad
fuck off

it's melancholy, depressed music, but in a power ballad sort of way

disorder is the only good song in unknown pleasures

Okay guys, you're fucking way off. Way the fuck off. Let's set the record straight, Unknown Pleasures is one of the most important albums ever produced in modern music. It singlehandedly started and defined the new genre of "post-punk". It was one of the few albums that is widely accessible, but yet is appreciated and understood by the listener. It's basically ear candy, track after track you're pleased with genius basslines overlayed with the equally clever drum and guitar part - top it off with the haunting but charming vocal talent from Ian Curtis, delivers chilling genuine poetry. From Disorder to later singles produced in that era like Dead Souls, every track hits the mark. Let's be honest, you didn't really listen to it, now do it.

But Closer is the better Joy Division record.

Good post

Why? Hipsters just like it because unknown pleasures is famous, if the debut never took up and closer sold out everybody would praise UP

nice pasta

Nobody likes joy division on first listen, I bet 5 bucks you'll be fapping to this album next year

*blocks your path*

nice

Gay uncle core

The appeal is Disorder (the GOAT) and Shadowplay; drop the rest. Don't @ me.

"And from that day on i was known as the music defender"

*replaces your dead frontman*

The musical historical value, that record has an influence that extends to this day. Furthermore it rooted JD to make a darker sound than their Warsaw days which helped them create Gothic Rock.

Without going into the whole cultural significance of the album and the impact it had (you could write an essay about that), what I personally love about it is how every single instrument is so integral to Joy Division's sound. Bass, drums, guitar and Ian's vocals, it's like every instrument is a lead instrument in it's own right. With so many bands you have a singer/guitarist/whatever that stands out and the majority of the band could be replaced without making much of a difference, but Joy Division has such a defined sound that every single piece of the puzzle has to be there

Compulsory video for Unknown Pleasures thread coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=mvPIvoJkmGs

except Closer's dark synth driven sound is just better than UP and An Ideal For Living

I wish they'd been able to further evolve that style and done some Fad Gadget-y stuff with Ian's lyrics

come back and listen to it 2 months later. It worked for me and now it's one of my favorite albums

the cold absence is felt as a ghostly presence. innovative uses of reverb have a lot to do with the sound.