This is considered "rehabilitation" in America. Locked in this 23 hours a day. 48 hours over the weekend...

This is considered "rehabilitation" in America. Locked in this 23 hours a day. 48 hours over the weekend. Why are Americans such retarded barbaric religious violent savages?

Norwegian prison cell...

its not like we lock up a disproportionate part of our people. gtfo you europoor fucked up teeth having old farty queen loving cuck. If you like where your from so much then keep sitting on your ankles and reeking of stale cigarettes. you are the white equivalent of niggers.

They get their own house on an island.

its not, its called punishment and deterrent. There are indeed rehabilitation centers, they are for those coming out of punishment and those seeking help so they do not have to be punished.

>Why do you punish prisoners for crimes?

probably bait but the american cell is one found in I think 3 supermax prisons across the country and reserved for repeat, violent, offenders serving life sentences. These are "people" by the most basic definition. They still get 3 meals a day so who fucking cares?

Shit that's luxury - I didn't have a window or a tv.

You take that back cocksucker or I'll kill uou

Meh.

Prison is supposed to be about rehabilitation, making sure you can understand the problem that drove these people to crime, and fix it.
Your retarded system just makes these animals more barbaric.

>Serial killers and child molesters should get the same punishment as kids who got caught smoking some pot, only for a longer time

But realistically our system in the US doesn't work. It institutionalizes people so that they can't even function outside of prison. After a 20 year sentence most folk fuck up on purpose to get back in because they can't figure out how the world works and they also don't have any structure. These people exit jail uneducated and have low chances to turn life around to do well. Let's not even get started on privatized prisons where a 5 year sentence can turn into 40 because the guards can make up shit and get time added to your sentence to keep you as slave labor.

Hey fuck u OP, I wanted to hang them!! But nooo... I get hit with all this bullshit about people being able to change shit. Why do you think we are starting privatization and forced labor over here. JFC...

Bullshit. It should be about punishment first and foremost.

the american criminal justice system is not even remotely about rehabilitation, and we want convicts to reoffend and return to prison asap because there is an incredible amount of money to be made off them

This guy gets it.

I'm going to need some examples of your second claim there, son.

t. watches instant karma videos on YouTube religiously

yawn
its another lets cry about america thread.

99% of the time a kid smoking weed will just be fined and put on a weak probation. If you get jailed for smoking then you either have other shit on your record or you live in an extremely hick stste.
Supplying weed, on the other hand...

You two have a point, however the user who suggested rehabilitation does as well. Certain degrees of punishment must be carried out before the rehab.

This is also correct.

Damn right. We don't need a bunch of welfare sucking idiots running around smoking crack and stealing shit. At least in prison they serve a purpose in life instead of just consuming resources.

sure kid

You get what I'm saying though. Not everyone who has gone to jail is some monster that is comparable to the worst criminals out there

there are none
he made it all up

it has to be said that the average prisoner is gargling down about 5x more tax dollars than they would be out in society and on welfare

its not seen as rehabilitation more so as punishment. its no surprise that people are often in worse shape getting out than they are going in.

>extremely hick state

nevermind that Mississippi was one of the first states to decriminalize. Yeah some of the others are ass backwards with their marijuana laws but you obviously don't know what your talking about. Learn some facts before you come on here white knighting for weed.

this retarded

he's just mad hillary lost the election.

No, it's about keeping the public safe from criminals. Not to replace faulty upbringing and incompetent parenting.

except the "punishment and deterrent" system obviously doesn't work and is designed to keep people locked up as long as possible to fill the pockets of private prison investors. most of your inmates are locked up for drugs possession, a crime that hurts no one. Privatized prisons are barbaric and I genuinely can't believe that you dumbass yanks refer to your country as the" land of the free". top fucking Kek.

isn't this from one of those infamous maximum security prisons though

While you're not wrong, if the prisoner doesn't realize what he or she did wrong they will do it again afterwards. The point of prison is to turn a non-functioning member of society into a functioning member of society, otherwise we'd just be spending taxpayer money on spite.

Punishing a criminal in a constructive, personalized way that leads them to not repeating the same mistakes (or making new ones) is the way to go. Might as well just execute prisoners immediately after the trial if it were purely about punishment, that'd be more cost-effective.

this retarded

this retarded

This is 100% true. It’s called reflexivity.

You try dealing with a bunch of niggers

That's a properly constructed, cohesive argument if I've ever seen one! You genius American you.

What about military style prisons? Fuck the insane asylum model of the OP and the 3 star hotel Norwegian bullshit.

norwegia is fucking smal so no wonder no crime happens there

>letting a criminal out before being sure they won't commit more crimes isn't

You're right, there's a lot of imbalance in the way petty crimes are punished
Im not white knighting for weed. I'm just saying that conservative states have not jumped on the bandwagon of legalizing medical/recreational marijuana, like a lot of progressive states have.
You have a more likely chance of seeing criminal charges for possessing if you live in a conservative state

and it's mostly homogenous.

New Euro max rehabilitation cell

No prayer mat toward mecca? the fuck is this?

Those cells are reserved for domestic terrorists. Of course they are going to be shit. If it weren't for the liberal faggots in this country those people would be executed. A cell is a mercy.

This. Obviously OP has never lived amongst animals.

Pot shouldn't be a crime tho.

I wonder what population percentage of blacks they have... that might give a hint as to why their crime is so low.

Kek

I live in Japan and my unit is half the size of that cell and im Happy

Nobody even really argued that this cherry picked example is for repeat and violent offenders

>its not like we lock up a disproportionate part of our people.
We lock up 1% of our population. That's insane.

Yeah we tried that in the Middle Ages. Doesn't work so well, even if you ramp up the brutality.

It's a profitable way to destroy a person's life and make big money by selling "correctional services" and turning all the industries that support it.

Rehabilitation? hahah yeah sure thing. War is peace, suffering is happiness, death is life etc etc ...

>99% of the time a kid smoking weed will just be fined and put on a weak probation
I highly doubt this. There are many "tough on crime" idiots out there who think they're improving society by sending a 16 year old kid to hell.

There's a prison in India that worked primarily on rehabilitation. It's much more successful than the other prisons.

and?

Haha an american calling anyone else a white nigger

That's a hotel room. Literally.

this retarded

this retarded

>Norwegia

We'd have much more room to make larger cells if we legalized drugs and simply shot murderers and pedophiles.

>But realistically our system in the US doesn't work
As opposed to what?
Somewhere with 90+% white population's crime statistics?

Shoot all bankers dead. Shoot all Jew bankers dead twice and then chop their heads off.

Black people only make up half of the US prison population. What's the excuse for all the white people in prison?

The fucking Soviet Union had lower crime and recidivism rates than we do AFAIK.

Not sure if serious

sure kid

With the rate JT is importing nignogs it'll be up to your army to police

Can you please explain which point you sarcastically disagree with?

Given that this is an ADX Florence prison cell, no, this is where the worst lifers go. Terrorists, spies, prisoners who have a high murder rate in regular prisons. It's not meant to rehabilitate shit. It's to keep the worst of the worst away from society.

Anders Brevik is currently being held in a cell like this. God Fucking Damnit.