What do we think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!iVhS1YhR!vt53yhCuDOTy99D1sDGuUApJDeYGKryUF5W0ZI9mznE
youtube.com/watch?v=kGj27OOpr9Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>takes 6 years
>releases this underwhelming as fuck album
>lyrics are shit but not really funny

Why does this guy have a die-hard cult of fans?

Makes catchy synthpop with dumb repetitive lyrics, what makes people so passionate about that?

mde

fucking link pls

philosophy-pop p much

idk i just see it as great synth pop on the surface but the lyrics are the product of someone who's gone to hell and back reading books written by the smartest people that ever lived. your average indie pop musician makes sarcastic snarky remarks about how sad he is all the time. maus isn't a fraud

It's so fucking good.

Your pets are gonna die.
Your pets are gonna die.
Your pets are gonna dieeeee.

Right now. Rights for gays. Oh ya.

actually who?

someone got a link?

enjoy

mega.nz/#!iVhS1YhR!vt53yhCuDOTy99D1sDGuUApJDeYGKryUF5W0ZI9mznE

t. brainlet

Same with Ariel Pink. I don't get get it, i guess

>mega.nz/#!iVhS1YhR!vt53yhCuDOTy99D1sDGuUApJDeYGKryUF5W0ZI9mznE

legit or transcode?

bow bow bow bow bow

a pure 320 has been leaked, made from CD->FLAC

sweet jesus, thanks user.

For me pretty much all of his albums had to slowly grow on me over time. Cant even put my finger on why I really like it, its probably just bad honestly idk

It's bad

What a let down from the last album

his best album

It's pop music stripped down to its core based on academic shit. There's a lot of fun irony in his stuff where he's making danceable pop music that's really intensely developed so that it's painfully simple. You could just listen to it and understand it instead of complaining that it's not something else.

absolutely terrible album art, my god

I'm going to replace it with this

This

amen brother

IT'S GONNA DUST US ALL TO NOTHIN'

holy shit that's even worse you faggot

it's black text on white it's objectively neutral

>I don't understand design or how an album's cover is part of the overall work, but let me tell you a thing I heard once out of context because I misread the point

it doesn't matter if an album cover is disgusting to look at. the colour scheme, font etc makes me physically ill

No one cares about your anecdotal autism, stop sharing it.
It's pretty ignorant to call a cover designed to illustrate the music bad and call a white square 'better' despite it having no relevance to the work. I feel like you don't understand the music.

alternate

bumpin`

really digging this so far

thank you kind user, this is pretty great so far

It sounds like if Sleaford Mods read Zizek

Much more akin to his earlier stuff than Pitiless Censors, which is a great thing

yuck

yeah regressing is great

Touchdown is such a great track

Whoa really loving this so far

I love the prominent post-punky bass guitar, makes sense why he's touring with a live band now

Pitiless Censors was a disappointment. Sure, better production and a bit of a stronger pop appeal, but the maniacal charm was just not really there at all.

frontloaded as fuck as well, with the majority of the tracks on the second half sounding unfinished or just being completely throwaway

do you prefer Songs or Love is Real?

He had a set with Zola Jesus at this jazz club in Brooklyn a couple weeks back, his band was on point.

Wow, that would've been amazing

this is probably my new favourite of his and definitely aoty

this is a great comment. we need more people like you here

Love Is Real is his best for me

i would've loved to see this

ooh yeah

just finished second listen, DEFINITELY gonna pick up the CD when it comes out

I love it. made an alt cover though because it sucks

new meme?

bad art
made this because it's much better

1. Ariel Pink connection
2. youtube.com/watch?v=kGj27OOpr9Y
3. He's relentless

your alt covers are even worse

The album might have been a bit underwhelming given all the slow building hype and focus on his modular rack, but I dare you to tell me Decide Decide and Bombs Away aren't 2 of the greatest songs of 2017.

i cant comprehend how anyone could find it underwhelming it has some of his best songs on it

It's potentially a symptom of the hype, but I was just expecting more energy from it. The Combine is such a triumphant energetic opener that I expected some of the mania of stuff like Love Is Real. I was also expecting some crazier synth work to match his energy because of the modular, but most of the synths sound like something you could pull off Omnisphere. I still love the album so far, and there's a clear evolution of sound, but at the same time it feels too demure for me. Maybe it's just Maus becoming calmed in his growing age

Like what?

touchdown decide decide and the combine

Over Phantom literally sounds like a Sleaford Mods tune

Why does everyone call him a genius?

Cause he has a PHD?

Wow...

>Ctrl+F "genius"
only result

huh.....

What's the quality?