Since 2000 English teams have only won 3 Champion Leagues, compared to 8 Spanish, 2 German, 3 Italian, 1 Portuguese

>Since 2000 English teams have only won 3 Champion Leagues, compared to 8 Spanish, 2 German, 3 Italian, 1 Portuguese
>Each has been with a penalty shootout

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/gareth-bale-real-madrid-premier-league-a7615366
youtube.com/watch?v=U4wA3siW_C4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What did he mean by this?

One of those was against another English team tbf. And there was a period of about 6 years where every CL final included at least one English team.

In the last 3 years there has been 5 Spanish teams
Champion League finalists since 2000 by country
Spain: 12
Germany: 6
Italy: 6
England: 8
France: 1
Portugal: 1
From 2005-2012 there was 7 English teams, 2 Won

independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/gareth-bale-real-madrid-premier-league-a7615366

>“Every game in the Premier League you have to be at 100 per cent for 90 minutes or you will lose,” he told the Daily Mail.

>“In Spain, you can be up at half-time against the bottom club and take your foot off the gas. You can rest players and take people off. If you try for 45 minutes you won't win a match in the Premier League..html

Why does Sup Forums tip their fedora so much for Lel liga?

>In Spain, you can be up at half-time against the bottom club and take your foot off the gas. You can rest players and take people off.
And they they lost to Valencia and drew with Las Palmas

>It's nice to really get away from it mentally as well as physically,” he added. “Spanish teams definitely know they have this edge over the English. Every country does: Spain, Italy, Germany, they all have the winter break.
Fuck, they're all laughing at how stupid we are.

>"The Premier League is more Prestigious than the Champions league"

When will this meme end?

>England complains about the schedule
>Don't do anything to change it
Literally just use it as an excuse

>pro-British bias
nice source fucking fag

>literal words from a player who has played in both leagues and left epl to play in lel liga
>bias

I want it changed. I guess some people like the Christmas tradition. Can't think why, those games are usually pretty shit.

Winter Break is for fags. It only makes the other countries look bad unless it's literally impossible to play on Winter (e.g. Russia)

butthurt ABEs

>spain has better teams who can play for 45 minutes and win while every english team is basically on the level of middlesbrough

Really makes one think.

>engerland in charge of penalty shootouts

Spain's a two horse race every season. While I enjoy Real v Barca matches the rest of the season is boring. Should honestly just have Real and Barca play each other 38 times a season because the rest of spain is irrelevant.

You should rephrase this, because 8 different Spanish teams have not won it. Moreover, this actually indicates decent quality among English teams, second only to Spain.

>since 2000, my cherrypicked date as man utd won the CL in 1999, the PL has been the second most successful league

What point are you trying to illustrate here?

>cherry-picked
Turn of the century

Still cherrypicked. It's an irrelevant date in terms of football.

So are you just sharing some stuff you read on Wikipedia recently because you're clearly new to the sport? Cut down on the shit threads

Sorry if I triggered you Niger but England needs to stop the whole "we're the best" mentality

>because the rest of spain is irrelevant
Those irrelevant teams are still better than the 99% of the premier league teams

>le "hasn't won a two-horse race in 3 years" gorilla
>caring about his opinion

Because in La Liga they know how to defend and regain posession.
Hence they are less likely to get scored on by Sunderland

If you go back to 1990, English teams have only won four of those trophies. Real Madrid and Barcelona have won five EACH.

If you go back to 1950 these are the standings

It isn't more prestigious, but managers of top clubs here can't afford to slack in the league, Wenger has only still got his job because of how long he's been at Arsenal and his status but other managers have to perform or at least attempt to perform in both

lel

>chokers
Italy
France
>clutch
England
Netherlands

And it's going to be 4 soon

Rhetoric trotted out to newfags like you to get angry. Do you think we think we're gonna win the world cup in Russia as well? It's called not biting, like this for example, he doesn't believe his broke fan-less Spanish clubs could actually beat their English equivalents. They would struggle against Championship clubs - we've seen that with Leicester vs Sevilla.

France on permanent suicide watch.

Sevilla is a meme team and Leicester is champion of England. Man City lose to Monaco, Arsenal lost to Bayern Munich, Man United is in the Europa League, Tottenham couldn't even get that far and Chelsea couldn't even top that

Feels good mane

delet this

*cough* 3-2 Leicester *cough*

That France one needs an asterix next to it

City 4-0 Barcelona
Leicester 3-2 Sevilla
Liverpool 3-1 Villarreal
Not as big of a gap as you think.

>City 4-0 Barcelona
You're getting yourself confused. Barca beat City 4-0. City beat Barca 3-1

what did he mean by this ?

No, there is a huge gap. Spain have like a 25-5 record against England in the last 8 seasons. And look at the co-efficients - Spain are 30 points up on Germany, Italy and England.

>City 4-0 Barcelona
3-1 mong, it was barcelona who won 4-0 against city at home

not to mention Barca pretty much had the nr. 1 spot on lock at that point anyway

>picking a few isolated games
>Not as big of a gap as you think
ayy

So that's why the english have so many more games in their league than the spanish or italian? They just keep going over christmas the mad men

>not enjoying the glory of the boxing day fixture

Why are ABEs so obsessed with elite muscular england?

I do, and I also enjoy the whining every season. Thanks!

>England are only second to Spain. BTFO they'll never recover!

>aiming this low

20 epl teams
99% of 20 = 19.8

> The rest of spain is better than 19.8 english teams

>a romanian manager has won the CL more recently than an english one

>"epl"
>"english teams"
Why are you on about two different things?

>in England I had to be a one man team
>here in Spain I get carried by world class players
What a dumb monkey, does he think he wouldn't have to put 100% effort if he were playing in Villarreal?
You had winter games when you were dominating the CL. Not an excuse really.

It's because we actually drug test our athletes in England

Poor, unnatractive baby league, were used to it by now

youtube.com/watch?v=U4wA3siW_C4

English teams are a joke in europe. Stop making excuses for being poor in europe.

Not trying to excuse, just saying it would give us a boost.

Barcelona has been consistently the team with most games played every season since they get so far in all comps, all that with laughable bench depth. If you're the best, 2 or 3 extra games is not going to take a toll in your overall season

I still don't get why people ignore these facts
Spanish clubs have been light years ahead of the rest of yurop for years

>b-but muh money

True.

>JUSTventus single-handedly shitting up Italy's win/loss record in CL finals

So why are people talking about introducing a winter break? Why did Spain introduce one? Is there some ulterior motive or is there actually a benefit to it?

Because Barcelona players are juiced to the tits

as if, it's not only Juve. Italians have always been chokers, both at NT and club level, especially in the 90s

>seven straight finals
>only two wins

If the reason why english clubs are shit is the competitive league how come 10 years ago they had a competitive league and still managed to stay competitive in Europe?
Face it lads, the PL has declined a lot, when Ranieri can win the title and Lukaku can be topscorer you know that something has gone wrong

the benefit is not being a cunt to the players. You brits still fail to understand that your FA only cares about money. They changed the way fixtures were schedule, they priced fans out of the game (and now want to go after people streaming matches illegally). Think how the league was in 2000 and compare it to know. They only care about chinese customers these days. Watch any PL games and you'll see the ad boards full of chinese. They're the enemy of the players, clubs and fans. The rest of the world doing a winter break is not made on the ground that it'll give clubs an edge in europe, but because they aren't cunts of the highest order like the english FA.

PL is the best league in the world. If the PL has declined then world football has declined.

How is it being a cunt to the players unless it overworks them?

It's not the FA, btw. The PL itself has control of all the games. I guess the small clubs care more about the money than how the big clubs do in Europe.

maybe it's the most entertaining but not the best in terms of average quality

wrong

great argument

Jose Mourinho thinks it's because financial parity means the big teams can no longer depredate the smaller teams every season, like Bayern, Juventus and Barcelona tend to do. Ten years ago, Chelsea or Man Utd would have just signed all of Spurs and Everton's best players when they had good seasons, but they can't really do that any more. Those smaller teams have more power now. It leads to a thinner spread of talent, which is good for the domestic competition but bad for the top teams when they compete against top international teams

But I do think that the neglect of homegrown talent is also a factor. There aren't enough world class English players around right now to give these teams a strong core

explain all these great players and managers who go to the pl only to be utterly exposed. they can't hack it in a real league

the PL is the best league in the world. denying that is borderline insainty

>England is the best NT in the world. If England has declined then world football has declined
this is what some brit would say after their '66 WC win. I don't get why you get so attached to shit stuff and get your hopes up every time. The english squad is world class, the premier league is the best on the world and I'm blind to their apparent decline and lack of quality on-pitch

Meanwhile the rest of the world when they see shit, they know they're seeing shit. That's what prompted the change of mentality in the Spanish and German FAs to revamp their system and make the NTs succesful, which in turn affects the leagues and make for competitive teams overall. But England instead of complaining about decline, they adore it and think everything is fine. After the inevitable collapse happens, they wonder what happened, and blame it everything on "Winter break", "lack of passion", "too much competition in league" and claim that "next year ar year la". You're your worst enemy.
>foreign coaches are vast majority in PL
>foreign players are vast majority in PL
>some of them get exposed because not everyone can triumph
>THIS MEANS "ENGLISH" FOOTBALL IS DA BEST

lol, almost every single manager and player is foreign you dumb cunt, both successful and unsuccessful ones

The PL is the best league in the world. English football has nothing to do with this argument. Everyone knows the english are no longer relevant in football.

I don't think it was competitive as it is now. The TV deal got so big it became a bigger factor for clubs. So if that was equal, the clubs were equal.

and why do they go to the PL i wonder you dumb cunt

At least AC Milan have contributed 7 trophies. Shitventus have only won 2 and didn't even deserve the one at Heysel.

Test

money lad, surely not because of the appeal of english football

The BPL starts before la Liga does and ends about the same weekend.
The winter break meme needs to fucking die.

>English bend the knee to and take a rough schedule for TV dollars
>with this extra money they buy a squad that gets knocked out in the RO16
What's the point?

incorrect but lets pretend you are right, where does the PL get all this money from?

Fair enough, I do believe that it became harder on a week-to-week basis but that's not the reason for the poor CL results

Gooks

if it's not for money than what it is, enlighten me

asian market
English FA is money first and marketed themselves well, also english global language and all that
doesn't mean it's "good", just like the highest grossing movies are the epitome of great kino
so they can win the league spending a lot more money instead of winning the league while spending a lot less money and having more chance of winning the CL like in the past. English people are all about sense

Barcelona didn't buy their talent, they had amazing home grown talent (Iniesta, Xavi, Messi). Now that they are buying they're shit

asian market isn't as big as you all keep pretending it is

Mourinho isn't English and he's complained about not getting fixtures changed to suit his team. Klopp isn't English and he's complained about the lack of a winter break. So it's not an arrogant English attitude.

I think England should be able to do win the CL despite that but I think that those things do make it more difficult. The problem with calling it an excuse is that you never change it and you don't give your teams the best possible chance of winning things.

>English FA
I've told you once before, Spain. It's the PL, not the FA. The FA have only have a say when it comes to FA Cup games.

answer the question, why do they go to england if not for money?

because it's the best league in the world

I expected something more subtle desu

it surely trumps the south american market (la liga) or having no external market at all (all other leagues). Also bleeding their own residents for more than 1000 pounds a year to watch the games helps too. You're a masochist society, not only in sporting matters

Doesn't the winter break just mean that they have to play all of their other games closer together to make up for that lost time?

give me numbers