This is the best album of all time prove me wrong. Protip: you literally can't

This is the best album of all time prove me wrong. Protip: you literally can't.

Prove yourself right. Protip : you literally can't.

If it's the best album of all time why is it shit?

It has all the best songs

it has all the worst songs

Best is an inherently subjective term that has no weight without an actual argument backing it up, making your claim a baseless opinion.

I can't exactly prove you wrong, although I can explain why I prefer pic related. I enjoy that early folk rock sound. It is incredibly consistent. It really speaks to me and effects me greatly emotionally. The songwriting is complex enough to be interesting yet is still extremely pleased to listen to. It's great for any mood, really. Also me and my father really bonded over this and The Beatles in general before he passed away. I enjoy The Wall, although I like some of their other records better, patriuraly Piper, and Animals

animals is so much better its not even funny

not even the best album of that year

I agree

Ok Roger

Not even in Pink Floyd's top five, get some god damned taste.

animals is meh

>this is what wallfags believe

Yes, and it's so much better anyway

Literally everyone knows another brick in the wall and comfortably numb the wall is way more culturally relevant lol

that you bring up cultural relevance at all just shows how far you have to go, but i'm sure you'll eventually get there

Any and all post Obscured by Clouds Pink Floyd SUCKS!
End of discussion.
End of thread.

no actual points made here good job OP

The Wall [Columbia, 1979]

For a dumb tribulations-of-a-rock-star epic, this isn't bad--unlikely to arouse much pity or envy, anyway. The music is all right, too--kitschy minimal maximalism with sound effects and speech fragments. But the story is confused, "mother" and "modern life" make unconvincing villains, and if the recontextualization of "up against the wall" is intended ironically, I don't get it. B-

My favorite is Dark Side. Hate me now, I'm all out of fucks. 2nd fave Shine On....

OP here you guys obviously just don't get this album so please don't comment on it. The album is about how you grow up and feel trapped by the wall but then eventually you realize that capitalism has made you into part of the wall and there's no way you escape and eventually you just accept that you are not unique or special and and just live out your life as a brick...

Not even the best Pink Floyd album.

Not even the best Pink Floyd album, but Roger Waters live show was the best night of my life

Dogs > 90% of The Wall's tracklist

Tbh The Wall isn't Pink Floyd's best by any stretch. It's one of their more boring records, musically. But the story and concept are enough to elevate it to one of my all time favorites. It just emotionally clicked with me at the right time in my life. But I'm a slut for concept albums.

I agree

>too fucking long
>too much filler
>too much bitching about politics by waters
>too much information on waters' daddy issues
>the band abandons their spacey, psychedelic songwriting style for an easier pop style
>the drums fucking suck because waters even wrote the fucking drum parts
>it's the album that gave waters a massive hard on when he looked at himself in the mirror
>because of this, he left the band, putting the rest of the band on a downward spiral into mediocrity

Fucking this
>wahh my daddy died in ww2 and my teachers were mean
>wahh, i get sick as a kid and my mom got spooked into being overprotective
>feeeel sorry foor meee

Just saw the waters live show
It's literal propganda with the anti Trump stuff. Really took me out of the experience

>too much bitching about politics by waters
The Wall keeps the politics to a minimum, it is focused on a Pink's story
>too much information on waters' daddy issues
Daddy issues are discussed in only one track and one track only, that being "Another Brick In The Wall, PT1"
>too much filler
Every single track has character development and takes the album elsewhere, you may not like this, but The Wall is VERY focused on its concept, it is what makes it work.

not even the best pink floyd album m8

Kek, if I wanted character development I'd watch a T.V. show, you stupid fuck.

It's a concept album which strives to tell story through its music, I am just stating facts here, you may not like the album for that reason and that's all right, you waste of semen.

I'm here to tell you it's an objectively dumb idea. Name one rock opera that doesn't sacrifice songwriting quality for the sake of pushing a narrative.

>I'm here to tell you it's an objectively dumb idea. Name one rock opera that doesn't sacrifice songwriting quality for the sake of pushing a narrative.
Prove me wrong.

>Green Day

Get the fuck out.

you guys don't get it, it's so deep... it's like there's this wall... and the wall... symbolizes a wall...

Green Day's music is good and American Idiot was their last great record, everything after was shit.
Your response of "getting the fuck out" shows you have nothing to argue back against me, you wanted a rock opera that doesn't sacrifice song-writting for its story. American Idiot does just that.

But hey, if you want to be more broad and focus solely on concept albums, that have a story in them that didn't sacrifice its sound for that story then look at pic related.

Hey, look, I got another concept album that didn't sacrifice its sound for its story, this one has very unique sound too, very layered and complex musically, as well as story-wise and world-wise

TDS isn't a rock opera.

Didn't I admit to that here?
>But hey, if you want to be more broad and focus solely on concept albums,
No, but it still tells a story regardless and it doesn't sacrifice anything for that.
And I give you a rock opera that doesn't sacrifice its sound alreadly, that being Green Day's American Idiot.

if it were the best album of all time everybody would like it
i don't like it
prove me wrong
itt: talentless hacks
what did he mean by this?
would mu bang? meme toad
*deletes the wall*
*blocks your path*
he's pointing at us
damn...
hell be fine

>if it were the best album of all time everybody would like it
no such album exists

It has all the filler.

Wish you were here>animals>dark side of the moon>piper at the gates of dawn>the wall>meddle>obscured by clouds>atom heart mother>division bell>final cut>saucerful of secrets>ummagamma>endless river>momentary lapse of reason>more
This one of the hardest rankings I've ever done