How do I stop being easily impressed by "epic" elements in music? Like crescendos, 10+ minute long tracks...

How do I stop being easily impressed by "epic" elements in music? Like crescendos, 10+ minute long tracks, Song Title Part I,II,III,IV etc.?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VbxgYlcNxE8
youtube.com/watch?v=ynEOo28lsbc
youtube.com/watch?v=hKRUPYrAQoE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nigga stop listening to Pink Floyd and Yes

Why would you want to?

I'm honestly getting a little bit desensitized to doom and am worried nothing will be able to fill the void.

You already made this post.
Here's some music for you
youtube.com/watch?v=VbxgYlcNxE8
youtube.com/watch?v=ynEOo28lsbc

unfortunately, there is currently no known cure for autism.

That's nice but I'm trying to get away from enjoying "epic"ness. Since third wave post-rock is the ultimate mark of a pleb.

sorry I was trying to be mean.

Stop being a teenage girl and just like the music you like, you dumb faggot. Cucking yourself out of shit you enjoy because of what other people may think about it is the mark of a pleb.

this post needs more attention
this is a real issue

it's not what other people think though, it's more about the easily impressive parts of the music and being able to handle them appropriately rather than being smitten by shiny objects

It's fine if you're impressed since that's what the composition is supposed to express.
Simply acknowledge that a sense of awe or some such does not makes the music explicitly good.
Stravinsky's Rite of Spring instills a great sense of awe and immediacy in me when I hear it, but I understand that that is not all it has to offer.

Are you a happy person? It's hard for me imagining a person that thinks like this being happy.

> listens to punk
I don't know the feel, user.

>How do I stop being easily impressed by "epic" elements in music?
Commit suicide.

You're asking how you oversaturate your experiences with art to the point where you can no longer respond as a normal human to the emotional cues the artist put into the music.

You are literally asking how to make music worse for yourself. I answer your question with a question: Why the FUCK would you want to do that to yourself?

Dude it's like crying because of a shitty cliched tear jerker in a romantic comedy, you don't understand how it can make you feel ashamed?

stop being a nu-male

I've never had that experience, but if I did I'd appreciate it. Appreciating the little shit makes life much easier. And I certainly wouldn't go online asking people how I can stop liking that thing I like.

He's a musical cuck

Why would you want to stop liking something?

im not...

to not fall for the obvious brainwashing that some artists put into their music

OP is really just asking how you differentiate between brainwash and good art and the answer is be a smarty pants

this

I don't know. Listen to punk music?

Who cares? If you like it, you like it. No sense in feeling guilty about it.

>''How do I stop enjoying...''

Hold on, what?

>I NEED TO STOP LIKING WHAT I LIKE

NIGGER ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH?

op fell for the "GYBE emotional dishonesty" meme didn't he?

If you like a certain aspect of music, why would you want to stop? There's nothing wrong with that.

>Punk
No other genre is as hypocritical and cliquey as punk. It claims to be about freedom but if you say something extreme like "there are only two biological genders" you get spat on

Listen to The Dear Hunter

Leave Sup Forums now and move on with your life OP. You clearly need it. I do too, but I'm a weaker man.

youtube.com/watch?v=hKRUPYrAQoE

Don't do it man. I spent three years listening to nothing but math-core, frank zappa and death grips and now nothing sounds good anymore. Once you reach the pinnacle of music everything loses it's appeal. I long for the days where Nirvana and Weezer songs could make me cry

>Thinking Nirvana were ever good
Fucking Americans

You really need to stop caring about other people's opinions on your taste. The whole "pleb" thing on here is but a joke. No matter what others might say, no single sane person -even Sup Forumstants- irl would really judge you solely on your taste on a form of art, which is entirely subjective. It's but a thing to talk about to get to know something more about the other person (maybe he plays/sings in a band? Maybe he's really into music so talking about his passion would make him feel comfortable and happy? Maybe he listens to the same kind of music that you listen to? In that last case you can talk about the artists you both listen to as a "last resort" when the conversation is getting stale and you don't know what to talk about).

The whole pleb and patrician shit doesn't exist. First of all, it was only made up to describe music listeners, not the music itself (with plebs being people who really don't care about it and patricians the ones actively searching for new albums to listen to), but even then, it's dumb and rarely used in non-ironic contexts. Some people are just passionate about something more than others, it's just like this. Everyone is different and has different taste and opinions about different things: be proud of it.
Stop caring about Sup Forumscore, patrician-core or shit like this, make your own "user"core and listen to music that makes you feel good.

Anime sucks

This, OP.
If you like it, what's the problem? Stop being a cuck to trends.

>math-core
>frank zappa
>death grips
>pinnacle of music

crack is a hell'uva drug.

True, GYBE is actually good as fuck

I was like you, it passed as I listened to music more. Cannabis might have helped, too, you notice more under influence.

listen to it a lot, I guess. Don't feel bad for getting "easily impressed", the epic elements in music are meant to make you feel (at the very least) impressed. Once you listen to a lot, you'll be able to distinguish between the better epic stuff and t he shit stuff won't impress you any further.

Eventually you'll get a taste of things like ambient too so you're on the way to becoming eclectic.

You people don't understand.
OP is clearly talking about shit like video game soundtracks that send shiver down your spine purely because they sound epic.
It's embarrassing for somebody who identifies as a man of taste/pseudointellectual to experience this.

RULES OF NATURE

listen to some Satie

It's embarrassing for someone who identifies as a man of taste/pseudointellectual to not understand that there's no point in living life if you don't enjoy things. There's no shame in having good experiences with things that are designed to deliver these good experiences.