How do the decades of music rank? Objectively I have

How do the decades of music rank? Objectively I have

90s > 00s > 80s > 70s > 10s (so far) > 50s > pre-50s > 60s

70s > 60s > 50s > pre 50s > 80s > 90s > 00s > 10s
a lot of terrible things happened to music in the 80's, and we still have yet to recover from it

>60s last

oof

Why does Sup Forums of all boards not allow sound with webms? Music webms should be a part of our culture by now

>objectively
nope

Sorta agree with this sentiment, but I think there were plenty of very good things that appeared in the 80s. Postpunk is still the best subgenre of rock

70s > 60s > 80s > pre 50s > 90s > 00s >>> 10s

Unless something magical happens in the next two years, the 10s are AWFUL for music.

The sixties had the best music you retard. Probably the most varied era.

80s had a lot of stinkers but it also spawned some of the best albums/genres ever. The good more than makes up for the bad

someone explain this webm

you're right. the jap cunt who runs this site now is too lazy

I've seen it before with sound, the camera guy is like
"(nervous laughter) what is this kid doing??"
"what are you doing little fella?"
there's no other context in the sound tho

50s and 60s were full of plebs figuring how to play the guitar

>a lot of terrible things happened to music in the 80's, and we still have yet to recover from it
I would date the 90s, since that was when CDs flooded the market and 5 major labels dominated production. That resulted in poor quality control of music, and recovery wasn't help by the transition to digital files and more recently to music streaming.

>60's last
That fucking hurts

70's>60's>90's>80's>00's>50's>pre-50's>10's (so far)

what caused the crash from 1980-1984?

That's a graph of net revenue, not units sold. Cassettes are cheaper than vinyl, so that would be a likely factor.

>decades of music

Let's be real Sup Forums, you are blatantly, transparently talking about rock and only rock right now.

>rock and only rock
>pre-50's
what did he mean by this?

not me

I think they're talking about the broader scope of popular music.

60s > 70s > 90s > 00s > 80s > 10s > 50s

blues = rock xd

It means it gets ranked further back because the OP hadn't a fucking clue what to do with it but didn't hate it as much as other eras.

Any other list makes literally no sense. Pop would probably go back to the 40's, hip-hop would start probably in the 80's, and neither list would share that same vitriol for the 2010s, as meh as they've been across the board, or the same hate for the 80's seen in , which was similarly disasterous for rock.

OP here

I meant music in general, I'm not sure why you assumed I was only talking about rock