User from Sup Forums coming to share this because idk if I am losing my mind but for a Hollywood film...

user from Sup Forums coming to share this because idk if I am losing my mind but for a Hollywood film, this is the worst editing and cinematography I have ever seen.

Take a moment to watch this clip... just what is going on here

youtube.com/watch?v=ssbOzbL1SJQ

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/5wcgk2a6
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Was this shot on a tv budget?

What exactly is so bad about it? I mean it's campy, but still...

They can't even show him jumping into the water?

you didn't notice he disappears and becomes water?

>becomes water?
What? No he dived into the water, and you can see his trail as he's swimming away under the water.

watch the webm to start the thread. he disappears.

And he "dove" into the water, user.

Its such obv CGI shit. The water looks fake as fuck and the background is a green screen before he jumps.

Why not film it properly? They already brought the actors outside so keep filming without the puke screen

There is a trail of his as he's swimming away. You seriously can't see it?

I'm not talking about the full youtube clip. Watch the webm that starts the thread, and you will see the poor editing. He literally doesn't go into the water, he becomes water.

>Why not film it properly? They already brought the actors outside so keep filming without the puke screen
I was thinking about it as I was watching it. It seemed cold outside, and he was naked, and the water was also probably very cold. They may have shot some scenes, messed them up, and the actors got tired, so the said fuck it let's just pick one and go with it. They were being lazy, if you ask me.

strawpoll.com/5wcgk2a6

Oh I though that was just a pic, so I watched the vid. It does seem like there are a couple of frames missing

Damn, this looks like a bad TV-series.
When is the movie due? Maybe this is an early, EARLY version? Or did they say from the get-go "This is Aquaman. It's not going to be successful anyways, so let's get it done with the smallest budget possible"?

No, "dove" is a horrid Ameicanism. The past participle in English is "dived".

Maybe he can't swim?

or act?

Interesting. I didn't know this. My American blinders were on so hard I didn't even think that such a word was possible.

Thanks for the info, user.

Aquaman can't swim. That's rich. But yea I guess the actor might me a bit scared of water

The trailer looks awful. Same as the last two superman films it looks as if the climax is going to be 30mins of fake cgi.

The more people get used to it the better the production effort needs ro be. I spent the whole time watching guardians of the galaxy 2 thinking that you could tell they were just walking around a flat soundstage. The whole world was 3d and layered but whereever the actors were was flat to acco.odate the 'hidden' soundstage.

The film went through reshoots and this scene was one of them. They couldn't afford to get everyone back out to iceland for this scene so they used a green screen. Looks like shit tho. That's why some scenes are real and look good then they suddenly cut to this shitty reshot footage and it looks so obviously fake. Besides DC movies are shit. Wonder Woman was okay at best but got a fuck ton of praise because "woman power yo". Marvel is shit as well. Make more lego movies.

It's gimmicky as fuck but they're implying that Arthur can move through water effortlessly. It does look like shit.