Thanks to ocd, i have no friends

thanks to ocd, i have no friends

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uI7NPbxIMIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No friends here either OP.

The only people who want to stay friends with me is an ex. Fuckkk that.

For someone with OCD you sure don't capitalize worth a shit.

Probably self diagnosed not actual OCD. Attention whore

Test

No, it's your own fault, not "Muh OCD".
You just suck, stop making excuses and stop being a autist.
Or you can continue feeding the delusion and die alone, it's your choice.

I'm lonely by choice.
Go fwends but I'm a social recluse. I prefer to be alone.... Honest.

I have OCD and friends. What's the problem OP?

hey i think you might have left your door unlocked

This.

I knew one fat fuck who claimed to be a massive germophobe while at the same time lived in the nastiest goddamn house I had ever seen. Trash, roaches, and piss bottles everywhere. When him and his mom moved out the place was legally condemned.

So I don't buy OP's shit.

I have OCD and I have friends.
Obsessing over things, having compulsions, and especially dealing with intrusive thoughts does NOT mean you cannot have a happy and fulfilled life.
OP is alone because OP is a faggot.

Wouldn't it be sweet if we really were in control of our own fates? That would mean anyone who ends up miserable and dies alone in life did so because they deserved it. But reality isn't that great of a utopia. It's you who is living in fantasy, not necessarily OP

owned

Me too. People make things complicated and life is already complicated enough. Just don't want to be like Layne Staley and be found dead a week or so after you actually die, decomposing in your house

>Honest.
kek
not like they're ever available when you're not lonely
yet when you wanna be alone they're always there
what a world

Being reclusive doesn't mean never seeing people. When I'm not at work, I stay in my house. I spend time with my griflriend and that's it. I see old aquaintences when they come to town. Sometimes. I'm a L-O-S-E-R, by nature less than choice. (Not the person you responded too, just another reclusive personality, fag)

Sounds to me you just wanna be alone once you do start hanging out with them, which can make sense. By hanging out with them it can be a highlight to the deeper requisites you have that are not met by them.

Expect anything from people and you'll always be let down. That's why it's best to be the captain and the crew of your ship... if you can

I'd go as far as saying everything is predetermined (not necessarily by any god, just the result of deep pattern in the universe)

Don't buy into the illusion of contemporary positive psychology, it's pushed by institutions to pacify the public

Thanks to obama im in debt

You guys are MASSIVE ignorant idiots. OCD isn't just about frequently washing hands. OCD can take horrific forms. Obsessions, Intrusive nightmarish thoughts. It can fuck your mind up and shake you around. Read up more about it idiots. OCD is listed as one of the top 10 most debilitating illnesses by the World Health Organisation.

Hell, fucking watch this short video if you're too dumb too read:
youtube.com/watch?v=uI7NPbxIMIU

>not OP btw...

So you have been diagnosed with OCD? By a Doctor?

> >not OP btw...
fUcK oFf

Well you can't fix your Overly Cyclical Dickheadedness, but you can make friends

No excuses, faggot. Go force small talk at a bar. Anyone will do, you got a lot of work to do.

(OP)
How does OCD allow you to not have friends? I know plenty of people who claim to have OCD and ones who are actually diagnosed with OCD and other mental illnesses like depression. The ones with depression usually can't make that many friends but the ones with just OCD usually have a social group with others who are like them, so IF YOU DO have OCD, you probably can't make friends because of something else (Bad Personality like you exhibited) or nobody else around you is similar to you.

Exactly

>Hurr durr it's fate! Can't change that! Better keep on not trying!

I've seen some seriously fucked up people get on their feet in a few short years with the right sized boot up the arse. From the kind of virgin that'd make even the lowest level Sup Forumstard blush out of embarrassment to someone with a consistent social circle and a girlfriend at least 5 points higher than himself.

When I see some average looking asshole who just doesn't groom himself enough and low self esteem whine about shit like this, I wanna put their head under a fuckin tire and spread them like butter.

>Bad personality like you exhibited
I generally agree with the rest of your statement but can we pass on this cancer right here? His 7 letter post about him not having friends merely due to OCD is not enough to diagnose a a bad personality, that's absurd. At most you could extrapolate that he is MAYBE a self conscious loser if you wanted, but even those kind have friends as far as I've seen. Stop oversimplifying things by over-categorizing people over the internet, please.

Oh I do think he is a self conscious loser I just didn't have enough time to put that in the text.

>Over-categorizing people over the internet
Welcome to Sup Forums

Also, I'm not over-categorizing people when I say specifically capitalize YOU. Jesus Christ, maybe you should try reading twice before you post.

Slow down bucko. Nobody said you shouldn't keep trying, but what you or the other guy was saying was equally retarded as that would-be statement.

You are literally doing what OP was criticized for; diagnosing people without knowing shit.

I've seen what you describe as well, survivors of extreme trauma pull through, yet it didn't matter in the end because they're all the same. They all complained in the past, and in fact I've watched them complain about the evident-factors WHILST thriving on top. Complaining is an irrelevant factor. He tied his suffering to his OCD, and you tied his suffering to his total (100%) fault. This was a mistake. Will can get you out of a shitty situation but the situation can still be caused by uncontrolled preconditions. Is this a paradox too hard for you to grasp?

I read your post. I'm reading it again. It changes nothing. From this the only possible conclusion you could logically come to is merely that I'm using something else to measure your cancer and a dumb emphasis on 'you' means nothing.

You know what you're doing. Enough of this dumb shenanigan

Whoa... You must really over-analyse everything. It must be a drag to be around you, maybe even more so than OP.

>Over analyzing their over-analysis, and then criticizing them for it
Must be fun being autistic

Must be if the one who is bullying with said autistic is getting butthurt.

I've not diagnosed shit.
I'm saying I've seen every variety of what a would-be Sup Forums poster who thinks they have no chance at anything make a complete turn around with a small shift in perspective.
A mind that operates at a calm level and willingness to make a lot of fucking mistakes without dwelling on them too hard.

I would give a more serious answer if I had more info, but for the time being I've got the bread and butter string of "nut up, or shut up. Or explain further"

It'd be interesting to hear if this has been a topic OP has discussed before, and what advice he's already received.
Usually I find there's one sliver of advice that is essential but gets brushed off and the rest of it falls apart.

OF COURSE IM BEING GENERAL, MOTHERFUCKER

*Trying to bully

Sure, my behaviors would be replicate what they were here if I surrounded by people like you. I made my criticism very clear, I'm not here to make friends with you. Haha, why of course I'm going to behave this way in a situation where I'm criticizing someone who I will never befriend because it's an anonymous image board and that's not the point of the argument.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings though.

Cool sentence structure kid
>Also that's the joke hurr durr

I'm pretty sure I didn't even imply that I want to make friends on Sup Forums, so I'm not sure what your point is. How about we just end the conversation because it's really going nowhere with you just speaking like a narrator, and always defending yourself with me defending myself.

Hey guys. For all you self-diagnosing and everything, an actual doctor here for insight.

OCD: Ruminating thoughts and worry (obsession) that result in anxiety that is relieved by completing a task (compulsion). Most commonly, this is unreasonable worry that requires someone to check something over and over again (like a door is locked even thought they remembered locking it or washing hands even though they just did). The hallmark is that it has to negatively effect your life.

OCPD (Obesessive compulsive personality disroder): The person who is a huge stickler about organization, cleanliness, control, often colloquially referred to as hardcore "Type A" personalities. This specifically affects relationships and is a personality disorder and NOT OCD.

hello actual doctor, is it possible for an individual to have both obsessive compulsive disorders?

To have both OCD and a personality disorder? Yes. Study in 2010 titled "Comorbidity of obsessive-compulsive disorder with obsessive-compulsive personality disorder: Does it imply a specific subtype of obsessive-compulsive disorder?" Specifically addresses this issue.

Huh, thanks for the info doctor :o Should I just kill myself now? I'm also a t1 diabetic and I'm probably not gonna be able to find a way to continue paying for my insulin considering I spend most of my time inside and alone because of overwhelming anxiety.

Kek. You didn't say it. You implied it when you decided to use my behavior in a Sup Forums argument to extrapolate that I must be a drag to be around in real life, when it would make sense in one case to be flattering to you; if we were friends or wanted to be.

It was quite the simple point really, I don't know how you got stuck on that.

Well I still think that's a bit of a confusing and finicky way to communicate that message and I don't really think you were clear about this new statement in your approach, but I guess I understand what you're frustrated with in these threads and overall agree with you

Seriously both can be treated. You especially OCD with medicines and behavioral therapy, I personally have OCD that now does not effect my life. When I'm very stressed I still have ruminations and compulsions, but they're minor and rare (getting up 6 times a night to check to make sure the door is locked).

Go see a psychiatrist. Seriously.

doc do you believe OCD / OCPD can be caused by childhood trauma or is that just some myth

Let me be clear, I am not a psychiatrist or psychologist. I am a family doc.

In terms of my patients (and my personal opinion), it does not matter what caused it. Most anxiety based psychiatric disorders can be overcome and alot of it is failure of proper coping mechanisms. A vicious cycle occurs that anxiety begets anxiety because people hide from their fears rather than face them.

Desensitization is commonly done for OCD. You force the individual to not be able to complete their compulsions (such as prevent them from handwashing, etc.) and they come to learn that nothing bad happens when they don't satisfy their compulsions, this continues until the association lessens and can be consciously controlled.

Personality disorders are different and usually the hallmark is that the individual doesn't believe they're being unreasonable. The first step is realizing that, once you realize that your personality disorder is not bred into you, it can be changed, you have to cultivate the mindset "am I being unreasonable in my requirements of my surroundings or others" reason your way through it and become ok with what may be causing the hang up.

OCDfag here. Don't give in to the autism, OP. Just tell yourself it is going to happen, and if you have to, just keep all the tapping on tables and shit subtle. This got me through high school, and noone suspected a thing.

This is good coping mechanisms.