What is Sup Forums's opinion on on BoB?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z6j_nop4wh0
youtube.com/watch?v=V6TrbOexkUc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Amazing TV series, whether youre a nazi or a jew

Extremely well made series. Not overly propagandistic, more of a character study.

My thoughts on the politics of the war aside BoB is pretty sick.

Fun fact albert blithe didnt actually die in 1948 he lived much longer

One of my favorite TV shows of all time and it had Ross from Friends. 10/10

God-tier show

where can I watch it?

I'm a huge fan of the era, but the series was just too formulaic and shallow for me and I found it quite boring.

Great production values, though.

I want to like it but I'm sick of America rewriting ww2. I know it's good but the whole thing sorta pisses me off.

Based, a bunch of my Dad's army friends were used as extras for the Bastogne episodes. They had loads of pictures and shit. Fun fact that warehouse they filmed the Ardennes scenes in was legit cold as fuck and all the actors had modern thermals on beneath their period clothing

God tier mini series.

Love it.

youtube.com/watch?v=z6j_nop4wh0

Amazon prime

Its free to stream if you have Amazon Prime.

I watched it years ago and it was incredible.

I just finished watching The Pacific, which was nicely done, but not as good as BoB.

I'm currently working my way through Generation Kill. I wasn't in the Marines, I was Army, but having worked with them often, I found it accurate.

Not sure what I'm going to watch next.

Overall goat other than

1. Blithe and Dike being completely misrepresented as beta faggots.
2. Muh concentration camp that Easy was never closer than 200 miles away from.

>Thinking its the usual american sob fest
>German speech at the end to his soldiers
Right in the feels

got the whole thing on dvd. case is a bit banged up from years of moving, but they all run the same as the day I got them in 2002.

Great series, not overly jingoistic. Gives credit to allies. good guy america.

For you brits and canadians that are skeptical of the shows promise, i believe there is an episode that deals with the 101st airborne linking up with British and Canadian forces.

my favorite outkast song

Watching this with my dad was a great bonding experience. He's got a soft spot for anything to do with veterans (grandpa was a staff sergeant during the Battle of the Bulge, he survived but got a bronze star for volunteering to go first in a field suspected to be littered with mines or some shit) and he teared up when they closed the last episode with this: youtube.com/watch?v=V6TrbOexkUc

best thing out of TV I've ever seen

>2. Muh concentration camp that Easy was never closer than 200 miles away from.
It was a Steven Spielberg productions so gotta have "muh holocaust" in there somewhere

reminder spiers was a war criminal

Shitty Propaganda

Also if anyone wants a more Sup Forums approved Band of Brother check out "Unser Mutter, Unser Vater"

Awesome show

Oh yeah, that scene was great too. It just mirrored the shit that both sides went through perfectly, the things they had to do and see and the camaraderie that exists on both sides of the battlefield.

Starring that faggot kike from friends, no thanks.

He played a role in which you were supposed to hate him. He did a great job.

I just literally bought this yesterday havent started watching it yet

its freedom when we do it!

...care for a smoke?

Awesome and a fucking classic.

The Pacific sucked balls. Was a total letdown.

>tfw the Iwo Jima episode was all about his retarded relationship and then featured 10 minutes of the battle
That fucked me off the most, at least we got Flags of our Fathers and Letters of Iwo Jima though

Blithe was an absolute badass in reality. Show done him dirty, but that was mostly because Ambrose was a shit getting his facts straight, both with the book, and the show.

>the pacific sucked balls
were the different story arcs too complicated for you or something? it was great

That's what pissed me off the most.

BoB was about the unit, and what it went through.

Pacific was some faggot tier feelsfest to show us how racist we were towards those savage subhuman gook fucks.

Heard Tom Hanks say that it was a "racist" war, and soured the whole fucking thing when I saw what they were doing, right from the start.

See

Grandpop used to tell us what they'd do to any Japs stupid enough to let him and his buddies see them on Iwo Jima.

Was 4 or 5 at the time, and i still remember the almost maniacal look of glee remember roasting gook ass alive in their caves.

He died way too soon. Would've loved to hear all his war stories.

Armyvet here too. Just watched a documentary of Iraq which has the most fuck words in a pg-13 movie. Cant remember the name but you'll find it. They are in a palace. Watch that one.

fuck, i need to rewatch this. i bought the dvd set in the metal box as soon as it came out.

it is good entertainment that is based on historical facts

I wanna do another run through it, too. Haven't seen the Pacific yet, but it sounds like I'm not missing much.

Wish I could've met my grandpa, he died before I was born. According to my dad, the war really changed him. He became very soft-spoken and hated guns, he'd have my dad shoot rodents in the yard and shit. Never talked about his experiences outside of basic.

>In the late 1960s, Sobel shot himself in the head with a small-caliber pistol.[9] The bullet entered his left temple, passed behind his eyes, and exited out the other side of his head. This severed his optic nerves and left him blind.[9] He was later moved to a VA assisted living facility in Waukegan, Illinois. Sobel resided there for his last seventeen years until his death due to malnutrition on September 30, 1987.[9] No services were held for Sobel after his death.[9]