What does it taste like and how many of you drink this?

What does it taste like and how many of you drink this?

I do sometimes. Its bretty nice if it has ginger.

it literally feels like drinking the jungle
very earthy and herb-like aroma, not like any other drink (not even tea)
a tad bitter but still one of my favorite beverages

I'm seriously craving for it just looking at OP's picture.

Thanks, Paraguay

>a tad bitter

Yep. I'd say it's an acquired taste perhaps...

It's more pleasant than actually tasty somehow.

Would you say it's UMA DELICIA?

I like it the more I drink it. But I've been using my french press like a pleb instead of dishing out for a real mate.

What is it and where can I try it?

It's called Yerba Mate. I don't know where you can buy it.

amazon?

Probably.

Drinking, like always. It tastes bitter,i like that way like most people, but you can put other things like sugar, lemon and orange peels etc.

Do you guys really drink it? Its something common?

no no no! That jorgito needs to be chocolate!

I drink it with my dad at work and at his place. I don't have my own thermos and mate yet

Drank it a few times in a gourd. It's earthy, smoky tasting, it's distinct. First time I drank it I thought it was like an ashtray water but a couple of other attempts were better.

Still not something I'd generally pick over a tea or coffee if I'm at either.

Si ya sé, pero era el último que quedaba

Nah, a friend of mine had a Syrian gf and she taught him and he taught me. But its sold in tea shops yeah.

why is he so smug?

I don't know, my dad always want to drink that shit with me and I tell him to fuck off

The fuck is this
I'm fascinated

fresh off the boat from reddit, kid?

ancient amerindian drink

In my region we drink it ice cold

they sell bottles of it here and it always tastes better than when I brew it

Just like drinking Yerba Mate tea but it's more raw.

It's an acquired taste, I guess, I'm not much into it but my family loves it.

It wasn't a thing where I came from, so I never really tried it. My younger brother drinks it, though, ice cold(we call it “tereré”.

Why do Brazilians use that shitty yerba? It looks like powder

I don't really drink it because according to my family, which is Patrician and very traditional, mate is a beverage drank by lazy people while they should be working.

Che boludo tenemos el mismo mate....

I have never had this stuff but I want to try it. Do you guys ever refill the same gourd over and over again? Or do you just clear it out each time?

you hipster

Only Amerindians can enjoy this drink.
This is why weak Euros and Americans put an horrorized expression on their face when they first try this delícia, they can't handle it.

It tastes like absolute shit
>was this one day on the subway during Olympics
>see gaúchos drinking chimarrão near me
Disgusting.

I used to drink it almost everyday during lunch when I worked at a grocery store because coffee sometimes gave me an upset stomach

That's because that's a product marketed to people that don't really feel like drinking the real thing, so they add flavors, and probably sugars.
It's the equivalent to eating chinese food made by the son of a chinese immigrant, and with recepies adapted to local preferences instead of going to eat real day to day chinese food in China

they also sold a plain unsweetened one, which was the best

The flavor starts washing out after say 5 or 6 refills. I don't remember what the popular knowledge of when to refill it was, but I think it's when most of the stuff stops floating and you end up with a kind of heterogeneous mix

Brazilians don't even drink mate...Idk what shit they drink but it sure is something disgusting without flavor and all powdery and rancid.
My friend from porto alegre brought some of his brazilian grass (I won't even call is yerba) to uni and it was the nastiest shit I ever tried.
Even the chileans I met have better taste for mate, hell even the couple of Bolivians I know.

Stupid people.

>Mate lavado

Que asco...

Most of our mate comes from Paraguay.

Even more in Paraná, here we only drink tereré and it is most of the times Kurupi

Okay thanks.

>mate purists

>mate lavado

matate, have una montaña porteño. Bue considerando que tomas con cascarita de naranja que se va decir.

porque son tan barderos los yoruguas cuando surge el tema del mate? rescatate

Ya eran los últimos mates, locos. ese justamente fue el último por que no lo quisieron arreglar. Que tanto bardo?

Por que no quieren reconocer que son provincia, y les jode que relacionen el mate con Argentina.