Is she the ultimate patrician?

>I truly with hand on my heart feel that I'm doing music for the everyday person. I could've so easily gone and become a composer and done some avant-garde music in some corner for the eleven and a half person, but I never wanted to do that. I think I my role is to be some kind of communicator between all sorts of different worlds.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect
youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPqycQ0tQ
nytimes.com/2006/10/15/arts/15morr.html?_r=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just eye candy.

>I could've so easily gone and become a composer
Sure thing, Bork.

She has really good taste in music

>I could've so easily gone and become a composer and done some avant-garde music

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Well, yeah, she could have.

>death grips

>says that user that hasn't even released an album, much less multiple critically acclaimed albums

rbt.asia/mu/thread/73289299

damn she a 5/10 bitch

Forgot Michael Jackson - Scream

She was doing a fucking DJ set for a bunch of literal faggots to get drunk and dance to you, do you want her to play fucking Stockhausen? Have you ever been to a party?

>implying that it takes more intelligence to write avant-garde music than to write a good pop song

Bjork wrote Hyperballad which is probably the best pop song of all time. That alone makes her a genius.

>I only visit shit parties where people play shit dance music
>I'm namedropping Stockhausen to let everybody know that I are into music very much

she meant she could have gone for an academic music career, and she's right
>probably the best pop song of all time
this is as deluded as Milton Babbitt thinking he knew how to write a musical

Quit talking out of your ass. She usually plays a few pop songs after hours of playing experimental electronic music and world music.

Which is the best pop song of all time then?

it's certainly not the one that nobody outside of bjork fans has ever heard of
it's probably...dare I say it...popular?

youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPqycQ0tQ

Are you insane? Hyperballad was a hit all over Europe.

You are fucking retarded. Give me ten songs you'd play at a party for normal people.

yeah and david hasselhoff is big in germany
even pretending to know what the "greatest pop song of all time" is is typical delusional behavior of bjork fans

Not him, but
>Say a song isn't popular
>user points out it was huge on an entire continent
>Name an actor who was big in one country
????

>you're saying that you know better parties = you're retarded
>I'm not narrow-minded though
>I'm also not the retarded one here
>anyway pls spoonfeed me

cottoneye joe was a hit all over Europe

I fucking love you and hate you user.

I gotta feeling

making a splash is different than entering the popular vocabulary. nobody remembers hyperballad anymore

Hung Up

ad populum

The Veronicas - Untouched

Go to your containment thread, nobody wants to hear your shit megalia k-pop

Rebel Rebel

She's not just one of my favorite musicians, she's one of my favorite people as well. Her approach to music and art itself is breathtaking. That thing you quoted is beautiful in every sense.

Grimes is even more patrician:
>To become the world's weirdest pop-star and be respected for having a strong, experimental body of work that represents something new in music and that is considered to be 'important' rather than 'popular'.
Subverting mainstream from inside.

REALiTi

It was in the UK but right now Hyperballad is mostly forgotten. Bjork doesn't really have worldwide hits except that cheesy It's Oh So Quiet. It's sad when most people know her for a cover instead of her more experimental electronic music.

yet another thread infected by yorubafag

Yet another meme invented by you

Alot of retards on this thread. NONE of you faggots have a propor knowledgement about music-creating and the music INDUSTRY.

Yall just some fans.

Grimes is a TOOL

She is great. It's impossible to hate her.

Shut up, tool.

what a hack

He is a fucking moron, nobody takes seriously his opinion, he's just a Sup Forums meme. No serius music crititic knows who is he.

No

Life on mars

you're just jealous because New York Times never did an article on you: nytimes.com/2006/10/15/arts/15morr.html?_r=0

(You)

>Hyperballad
>Best Pop Song
Kys fag.

The Beach Boys - Surf's Up
The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever

What's the best pop song then?

Africa

>Björk
>Icelandic
No she's a disgusting mutt. If you're not pure Scandi you can't be Icelandic.

t. real Icelandic person

Fuck, the alt-right is in iceland too?

Anyways look at the pictures of her parents, she is obviously white icelandic.

>serious music critics

The New York Times is fake news anyways.

she is sapmi scum
no different than rohingya or tamil

lol

She's not idiot

>muh alt-right
You mutts don't understand that I only care about Iceland and Scandis. I don't care what happens in burgerland. And no she's not pure Scandi. She has some Inuit ancestry as well.

These are better pop songs you fucking fag.
Also She's Leaving Home - The Beatles

But icelandic people are not technically scandinavians

Icelanders are Norwegians that settled in Iceland. They also took some women from Ireland and Scotland. So they are Scandis.

/thread

There you go, they are mixture of celts and scandis. Not pure scandis.

A few other Northern European woman mixing into the group is not the same as chinks doing it.

>you fucking fag.
Are you autistic or something? Those are some big words for you.

Do you have any elaborated argument to explain why those songs suck or do you only plan to complain about the way I direct myself to you?
Accept that you are only a Bjork drone and were mistaken saying that was the best pop song.
But maybe you are right, I shouldn't have said those words to you.

Good vibrations
Don't stop til you get enough
Night fever

Wuthering Heights

Running up that hill

Not that user but they can't be mistaken, there is no right or wrong answer. I'm not really into the beatles and I don't listen to The Beach Boys but respect your opinion. I think Hyperballad is the best pop song too.

I think life on Mars is the best pop song but hyperballad is definitely up there

Billie Jean too

>music for the everyday person
>patrician
I wish these summerfags would leave already

Well, that's the problem with music or discussing music, it's all subjective, and I guess you are right, but you know that lots of times we can't speak subjectively about music in here but yeah, a song can be the best pop song for me and another song can be the best for you.
I respect you, for being rational, something i can't be always.

She says that but no way will the everyday person be into most of her albums, especially Biophilia, Medulla or DR9

I'm not even into DR9, Barney's a hack

Yeah he is. Glad she realised that.... eventually.

Her only "pop" albums are her first 2 (when she was really popular). The rest are not easy to digest to top 40 listeners.

Twist and Shout, covered by The Beatles

i want you back

Hey guys where do I start with Bjork?

I like Sufjan Stevens - Age of Adz, AnCo, classical, shabazz palaces, FIN, chocolat billy, TIME, house music, et al.

Just wanting to start right with her

Sounds like you'll like Homogenic a lot based on what you said but I genuinely think the best way is chronologically from debut. It all flows very well, it's definitely worth it.

This