Married and oldfags please come in

Married and oldfags please come in.

Do you believe you're married to the love of your life?

Is a man supposed to settle for a woman who is supportive, faithful, helpful and friendly or are we to look for that almost blinding/obsessive "true" love?

I've been with someone for 10 years. All going smooth. All of a sudden meet someone new who makes me question everything. Am I being "emotionally ambitious" by wanting her/the feeling she comes with, or should I wake the fuck up and realise it will not last forever and that I should be grateful for what I have and enjoy a simple life?

TLDR: is there such a thing as the woman "you'll continually fall in love with" for you or are we to settle with the one who ticks the most boxes, logically and objectively peaking?

You've become bored in your relationship, just like everyone else. Now you found something new and shiny and it too will eventually lose its luster.

bump

You just want to fuck other women not love them. You love your wife, obviously.

i hate my life. an hero is the only way to fix things. do not get married. be lonely and single.

OR this new thing is the real thing. Who knows?
Hence the question, should I settle for some certainty, or keep looking for what may be (and certainly appears to) the real thing?

bump

Then do it. No one cares.

This

>ruin stable relationship on a whim

the jews have already won

>whim has been going on for a year and a half...

Just like how you thought your current lady was the real thing a long time ago?

Hey I'm an idiot thats why I'm asking for help.

Wait, wait, you call yourself an oldfag an you're married and yet you use the expression "true love" unironically?! There is no true love. If you're happy in your marriage consider yourself lucky, because a lot of people aren't. If you're not, then it's a different story.

Yea man i thought the next girl was better than ol girl but when i jumped ship i quickly realized how wrong i was. Now im here shipless. Dont let ur dick fuck up a good thing.

>oldfag an you're married
I never said either of those things.
I'm 27, so hardly an oldfag, and together with someone for 10y.

I feel you cause I've thought the same thing. If you are chasing the feeling of a new relationship, you are going to go through a lot of women and my guess is that will eventually ruin that "new relationship feeling" And you will be worse off than if you just stayed with the first one and daydreamed about a second. Idk
Life is pain

OP pls don't exchange your stability for just one night

How do you know it's just one night? Could be "the love of my life".

>Is a man supposed to settle for a woman who is supportive, faithful, helpful and friendly
Yes, sounds like a good plan. Settle with someone whose personality traits and temperament complement yours. If you're high in neuroticism, someone who's emotionally stable AND can stand living with you will literally save your life. As a man I you'll be happiest with a woman who's at par with you or slightly less intelligent than you.
>are we to look for that almost blinding/obsessive "true" love?
You can care for other women, sure. You just don't have sex with them.
If you feel adventurous and want to seize the opportunity to have an affair for one night with someone you won't meet again, do it. You just have to shoulder the responsibility of not telling your wife.

23 and married for 3 years. Wife is 26. She's wonderful to me, but there is another women who I've been very close with for about 8 years, who knows every dark secret I have and even my infatuation with her. My wife also knows my infatuation but doesn't mind as long as I don't mention it again or act on anything. This women, I have slowly pieced together, feels a need for me in her life as well, but because anything but perfect monogamy is seen as evil by both society and my wife, and this women is held hostage by her families religion, nothing will ever happen. But if I had known these feelings for other people would still be in me after marriage, I never would have married. But I'm not going to let my wife down, and in a way, I have the relationship with this women I have wanted. I am unreal close with her. I just can't let my wife in on it, be open about it in any way, or do anything physical. So almost secret. This world isn't ready for open relationships, but it would make life so much better for everyone. Emotionally and physically.

Tl;dr Unless you're lucky and have an understanding wife and "other women", don't act on any urges.

my balls are itchy