Thinking of getting an affordable gaming PC. What does Sup Forums recommend?

Thinking of getting an affordable gaming PC. What does Sup Forums recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-990-MT-PC-Core-i7-2600-3-40GHz-8GB-RAM-500GB-HDD-Linux-Mint/292325605356?epid=632490946&hash=item440ff6bfec:g:KOsAAOSwH2VaBe5H
amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-02G-P4-6152-KR/dp/B01M64G435
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Alienware of course!

Depends on what you mean by “affordable”

www.logicalincrements.com

Thank me later.

Let's say under $400

If budget, best bet is amd i guess

Under $400? Depends on what games you want to play, really. With that kind of budget you're going to get some low tier crap.

you can get a pretty 'budget' tower from a big box store like walmart or best buy. aim for the $200 range then upgrade the ram, ssd, and vidya card.

Go on CL and buy whatever some other neckbeard fatty is selling because he wants to get his life back on track.

again
Aim for "fair" to "very good" if you want to play in 1080p at a decent framerate. The thing about having to lower settings is exaggerated. I'm playing all the games I own at 1080p max settings minus antialiasing on a FX8320 (the AMD CPU that came before Ryzen) with a 1050ti.
You can go lower if you're fine with gaming at 720p.

Save up another hundred bucks and buy the best bang for the buck hardware at that level. The increase in performance will be tremendous.
You'll hate yourself for getting a 400 bucks PC knowing that 100 more would have made it into a gaming station that's much better than current consoles

Get a new-ish dell desktop (used), replace the processor with the newest most powerful one the latest bios revision is compatible with (used), then spend the rest of your budget on a new graphics card.

Packard Bell rules, man.

>buying a prebuilt over building your own ever

It's like you love to eat shit..

This sounds good but in reality it's always some shitty old hardware for way too much

First result for "gaming computer" on my local craigslist: "Custom Gaming PC i5 6500 GTX 1060 1TB 8GB Ram - $750"

again again

If you're on a budget, DO NOT GET A SSD. They're completely optional. The money saved on them can be put into a better CPU or GPU. That's way more important than having a fast file storage.

Kek that's worth 500 at most. Especially if used.
Dude might have overclocked hardcore and it's gonna fry a month later.

What OS are you going to use and for what time?
I miss my old toaster from early 2000 because it was better for old games than my 2010 gaming pc.

quick search reveals this hunk of shit: best buy SKU: 5707433
$168 for an i3 with 4gb ram.
Add another 4gb ddr3 for $30 and a 120gb ssd for $60 from new egg.
That leaves $142 for vidya card. just enough for a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 at $120.

that's a intel Core i3, 8GB ddr3, SSD, and decent graphics for $378.

Not sure and I'm thinking about using it for games like Arma, etc.

I still have an Athlon XP 2600+ with Windows 2000 installed for that cause.. I hear you man..

I wouldn't recommend buying one of those for more than 50 bucks nowadays, tho..

>SSD

Superb waste of budget money right there. He's better off getting a nice 1TB HDD. I just got a WD Black and it loads all of my games so fucking fast. Even Path of Exile loads in seconds and that game is known to have a poorly optimized file system.

Arma is a special case btw. It's extremely resource demanding even if it looks mediocre by nowadays standards. I guess the engine coders had severe autism.

crap

Get a Mac.

>doesn't understand sarcasm
WEW LAD

it makes such a big difference tho. i upgrade all my pc's to a small ssd for os, then slave the standard disk. a quick change in gp and the registry you can migrate the users and program files directories to the larger disk and never run out of space.

This is fucking retarded. AMD CPUs offer way more bang for the buck and 4 gigs of RAM will severely hinder him from playing modern games.
He's much better off with a much faster Ryzen and 8 gigs at the same price

for under $400 its better than a turd

>having my OS boot up a bit faster is worth gimping my gaming performance

I'm not a shill, but seriously try WD Blacks. He's much better off getting a fast 512GB or 1TB HDD than getting a small SSD just to make his OS boot a bit faster.

absolutely agree, but can it be done for less than $400?

We're on Sup Forums. I just assume that everyone's retarded on here by default.

Aorus

Hi

Honestly I really suggest that you save up those 100 more bucks. It's like double the performance just for a bit more money. Aim for 500 bucks and buy the best shit you can get for that. Look at lots of benchmarks and stay the fuck away from Intel CPUs and motherboards.

Get over yourself, I'm talking spending very little money

ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-990-MT-PC-Core-i7-2600-3-40GHz-8GB-RAM-500GB-HDD-Linux-Mint/292325605356?epid=632490946&hash=item440ff6bfec:g:KOsAAOSwH2VaBe5H

amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Support-Graphics-02G-P4-6152-KR/dp/B01M64G435

$275 total. Torrent win10, and you have yourself a respectable, usable pc for basically nothing.

Bully JAAV4 on Twitch

On second though, I might be able to stretch it to about 900 if I tried

beats
good show.

That escalated quickly
>$400
>$900

too fucking bad. the thread is for the cheapest hunk of shit that can play a game. you'll take what we give you.

Best NVIDIA and Intel, r we clear?

Build one yourself, buying on is expensive.

My pc was from late 1990 and early 2000
A7V motherboard 1,1ghz processor, 756 or something like that amount of ram and 256mb geforce and some random sound card, OS Win Xp.

Enough to run CoD2 and wolfenstein enemy territory.

I am still planning to get Win 2000 or xp computer for older games. Win7 can't even run quake 1 and 2 with working music.

That's way too much. Go for about 600 max, save the extra money up and upgrade your GPU and maybe get more RAM with that in like 4 years. You can stretch it out much longer like that.

I know nothing about building computers

kek

GPU
AMD > NVidia in performance
NVidia > AMD in compatibility (which might change, because that's just because NVidia pays developers to favour their GPUS)
CPU
Intel > AMD in maximum achievable performance
AMD > Intel in bang for the buck. Buying Intel is retarded because you don't need to pay hundreds of bucks for a little performance increase

So.. right now I'd go with AMD + NVidia as an easy choice for a good cheap gaming PC that doesn't give you trouble. This can change to AMD + AMD in the future for an even better gaming PC if devs start going away from NVidia.

I still have a 486 around for DOS gaming kek.

Also
>Win7 can't run quake 2 properly

Are you sure? Holy fuck that was the game I spent like a decade on before "esports" became a meme.

It's like fucking Legos nowadays man. There's no need to place hundreds of switches on the mobo or configure the master slave order on your drives anymore.
If you didn't have a lobotomy recently, you're fine.
Just be sure to touch a not insulated grounded thing (like the not laquered part on your radiator right next to the knob) every now and then to discharge yourself so you won't fry the whole thing. Also don't wear socks and don't do it on a carpet, since that can charge you up.

again
More explanation:

Gaming is mostly based on GPU performance nowadays and all medium to high class CPUs offer way more performance than is even needed for gaming. You will not even feel a difference between a cheap good bang for the buck AMD CPU and a double or triple the price Intel CPU.
Just get a mid class AMD Ryzen plus a good GPU and you have WAY more computing power than you'll need at less than half the price.

Logicalincriments.com

Youre welcome

Just follow the intructions. Its not hard. Just intimidating at first because you think they're more delicate than they are. But its not impossible to learn.

Is Terry seriously in jail right now? I don't know if I can trust the memes anymore.

If you were in the UK, I'd recommend CEX but you US cunts don't have it

This. If you're not too retarded to handle a screwdriver, you're good. The only thing that will be scary will be applying heavy pressure to secure the heat sink hoping that you'll not break the motherboard into two pieces.

What's CEX?

PACKARD BELL
A
C
K
A
R
D

B
E
L
L

I'm not falling for this bait twice in a single thread.

Literally 15% CPU usage while running a game, browsing Sup Forums and watching the latest Star Trek episode at the same time on a 6 year old CPU.

Okay, so, on logicalincrements.com it details fair, which I might aim for. What do we think about the things listed on the top line for 'Fair'?

bumping

Logicalincrements is a website made by Sup Forums to get you tards off our chests. You still have to look at benchmarks. Just know that a mediocre CPU with a really good GPU and at least 8 gigs of RAM will give you a PC that will blow every single console available the fuck out. Don't buy SSDs if you want to have bangs for the buck.
Buy AMD CPU and motherboard with NVidia GPU. The GPU is the thing that will give you gaming performance.
I'm going to bed now with a bottle of rum.

Sup Forums out.

ENIAC

Also debloat your windows. There are tutorials for that.

Also DO NOT BUY SSD harddrives. You're much better off with a fast HDD at a lower price.

sandwich

What do you mean by blowing it the fuck out?

The difference between cheap SSDs and a good HDD is

>i can load that one game 5 seconds faster but my drive is already filled up

and

>all my games run really good

Decide for yourself.

You need to have to be gaming on a PC to understand how much better it is compared to a console.
"modern" consoles run the games at what would be considered medium graphics settings compared to even cheap PCs.
They even downscale their internal resolutions hardcore to reach "4K"

1200$
Lga1151 motherboard the one you want 70$ is enough
I7 6700 or 7700 no need to be k cause not really important
1070 8gb ram the one you want
An ssd 128go just for win10
8gb ram / 16 if you got enough money
Hdd take your old one if you have or buy a generic WesternD 2to or 1to 80/50$
win10 23$ on cdiscount
And the other parts you know... case... ventirad...

So not destroying but being far better than?

To give it a more understandable context.. "modern" consoles "blur" the graphics hardcore compared to PCs, because they can not produce the quality.
Imagine a picture rendered in 720p and then blurred and upscaled to 4k. That's what modern consoles do and then call it 4k.

>i7

Fucking retarded for gaming

>expensive mobo

>ssd

You can have an AMD build for 600 with the same performance.

Amd for gaming... please bro get out of here and get back on your ps4 pro 720p upscale edition.

Amd for gaming.. you made my day. Comic

Intel i8 359dols
Amd fagzen 499dols

you are the troll of the night

A CANOE YOU HAMSTER FUCKER.

>PC
>Gaming
pick one

only dumbass nerds by a PC for gaming
they make consoles for a tiny fraction of the price geared toward gaming and with far more games available where you are literally plug and play and up and gaming in seconds and vegging anywhere you want

>sitting in front of computer thinking you are superior gamer
lol @ dumbasses

Yes, but some fucking games are only on PC. Try getting Arma on an Xbox, fuckwit

I'll have both thank you, lmao at this guy

M8 look at this here right now. Either you're completely retarded or a marketer.
I'm running Subnautica at max right here while having Winamp play my favourite DnB set and also running the latest Star Trek episode.
This is all on a six year old FX 8320.

Tl:dr fuck you Pajeet.

>points to an exception
>believes this makes his argument valid
>being this dumb
>literally calling others "fuckwit"
>that irony
>that illogic
>that "muh PC"

>affordable gaming PC.

Check out logicalincrements.com, PC builds for all budgets, great resource. You want a big power supply, good graphics card, at least an i5 CPU or equivalent...

You are a very special breed of retard.

Play in my sofa with controller or with this. But you cant understand you're an aim assisted console player. You cant understand what is skill.

Idiot doesn't realize AMD is fine for gaming

Please bro I can run bf1 and gta 5 at same times playing a film on vlc and speack to your fag ass

I guess setting up a PC is too complicated for him to do, and thus his tiny ape mind can only "plug and play"

I can do the same on my 6 year old Vishera CPU. You're not making a point at all.

Yes I think its that.
I dont know why I've feed this troll

Why you need to lie ?

Not him, but why call him a retard because you disagree?
He makes several valid points.
Calling someone a retard as your sole response to a post you don't like only shows that it is you who lacks intelligence sufficient to respond substantively, and instead resort to name calling, and name calling that makes no sense given that he is clearly not retarded as evidenced by his numerous valid points.

I'm not sure if you are even old enough to be here or just really immature, but we call your post a shitpost. At least anons was substantive and on topic.

If you buy ANYTHING pre-bulit, you're spending more money than you need to. You need to build your own. Even for $400 I think you could build something that would play just about anything these days, you just need to have a general grip on what the components do. Do your homework, ask some questions on Sup Forums, hell maybe you have a friend with experience building PC's. But anyway, do your homework and then buy from Newegg (there are others but Newegg has always been my go-to) and then as long as you didn't fuck up and buy shit that's not compatible with your mobo, actually assembling the thing is easy. Any retard can do that.

>retards think that facts are lies

Vishera is really good at multitasking.

This Used to be an avid pc gamer. Wasted thousands of dollars in retrospect. Also, what many are not mentioning is the comfort level in playing the game. That's a really big deal. Being in front of pc where you really should be working, not playing, and entertaining yourself with likely bad posture instead of actually relaxing on the couch or whatever, is a major distraction and a bad life choice.

Unironically speaking, what's wrong with AMD for gaming? I mean I get that performance is always a little lower with any given AMD processor than it is for its Intel equivalent, but AMD costs enough less that the general bang for buck tends to be favorable in my experience. Trolling aside, do you know something I don't, here?

Weak bait tbqh

marketing. it's the only reason why people buy apple over any over smartphone.

Another upvote for this user. Convenience, comfort, and also waaaaay better for groups and fun.
PC gaming is old and gay.

I kinda enjoy the spam bait in here.