What's the most inaccessible album you've ever listened...

What's the most inaccessible album you've ever listened? Especially for all of those who say that Trout Mask Replica and Death Grips are extremely accessible (which I don't necessarily disagree with)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_MCGRkXrDZY
youtube.com/watch?v=o7Gzy1hGDg0
youtu.be/QCSiqMDbQbo
youtube.com/watch?v=6srf8gXG0C4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzqLtnBc1dg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished
I can listen to harsh noise just fine but not this one. It actually gives me a headache/makes my eyes sore.

any Bjork album. i can't stand her hardtry voice

that's literally just the intro lol

>What's the most inaccessible album you've ever listened?
that ed sheeran album. shit was so fucking bad i couldn't finish it.
this also

this comes to mind

Soundtracks for the Blind

Current 93 - I have a special plan for this world

Swans - Sountracks for the blind

"that" album

>Current 93 - I have a special plan for this world

that's not even c93's most inaccessible album

youtube.com/watch?v=_MCGRkXrDZY

There was some thrash metal with spotty production that drove me completely mad. I hate it when the bass and drums are completely clear in the mix but for some reason or another the guitar sounded like it was recorded in the hallway outside the studio.

A funny, funny, funny man.

why is The Drift on there? I'm a sucker for accessibility and I thought that album was fine

nigga a lot of these albums ain't that hard to get into it, btw from Brotzmann I would say that Machine Gun is more unaccesible than Nipples

which album is 50 hours?

>everybody shares the same experience as me
narcissistic much?

ROLL

Breakdancing Ronald Reagan (8/8) is 24 hours, idk about the 50h one

youtube.com/watch?v=o7Gzy1hGDg0

Is the Drift on there? I see Bisch Bosch.

Anyways, it is longer, has less consistent structures, some people could be unsettled by certain parts of the music and especially the subject matter.

Some of them are endurance from the length, i.e. one is pretty neat glitch hop but the album itself is four hours long, while a lot of people don't like music that goes beyond four minutes.

This is pretty neat, thanks.

The album wasn't that inaccessible tbqh, I clicked play and it started

Same. Didn't enjoy it

bitch, this is Sup Forums, not normieville, most people here konws about genres like Free Jazz, Avant-Garde, Harsh Noise, Rock in Opposition, or Musique Concrete so for Sup Forums most of this albums are not that inaccesible.

If we're only counting albums I wasn't able to finish in one sitting and just gave up on and never finished (out of 4500+ including stuff like 4 hours straight of shortwave number stations), there's only like five and the worst may have been Want by 3OH!3 or Pink Friday by Nicki Minaj

But if you mean inaccessible as in can't enjoy it as much as everyone else, there's many other choices and it's pretty normal

Like a lot of obscure Krautrock that is praised as the best thing ever just sounds derivative or generic to me so it's inaccessible in a fashion

Like a lot of music will sound great if you listen to it a lot so I imagine inaccessible would mean if it turns you off on the first listen in which case something like TMR makes sense theoretically but it depends where you're coming from

Inaccessibility is all a matter of perspective, if you are going into an album, wanting something other than what it has to offer, it will be inaccessible

Like if you go into Metal Machine Music wanting Loaded (with Shit), it's a very inaccessible album, but if you go into it wanting some soothing goodness, it's a fantastic album

awesome album.
an album that threw me off how harsh it is when compared to how popular it is is Jane Doe. I never thought it would be that harsh.

how is Komara s/t difficult? it's just a fun zany prog record

you mean "that" album where a innocent looking girl on the cover?

i listened to it like a couple minutes ago because the cover looked nice
it's not difficult at all, it's actually really fucking good

roll

that one merzbow one

You're like a little baby, watch this

>fun zany prog music

Not even that, it's literally just pop music with heavy guitars. I don't see how more people don't enjoy this album.

what is doll doll doll doing on here

Just you try to get through a whole album of this:
youtu.be/QCSiqMDbQbo

Also even though I'm very likely the gayest fag in my whole state I will never be as gay as Blood on the Dance Floor. It's too gay, I can't bear to listen for very long.

roll

I hope you like Elmo

Because this singer sounds just like Elmo

t.narcissist

sounds like generic edm

reminder that narcissism means inventing ideas that lead nowhere and convincing people to follow the ultimate leader who knows best, i.e. you.

Smugness is NOT narcissism. Just stop it you shallow cunts, it's even more remote from its original meaning than autism.

This guy's onto something.

anklepants is pretty accessible man what are you on about
youtube.com/watch?v=6srf8gXG0C4

Bull of Heaven's 'Like A Wall In Which An Insect Lives And Gnaws' is literally 5.7 years long.

If we're talking something someone could actually tangibly listen to, then my vote'd go to Pulse Demon, it's a giant meme but fuck if it isn't a difficult listen.

Probably something by Nurse with Wound or Current 93

rolling

>By the time, 310: ΩΣPx0(2^18×5^18)p*k*k*k is their longest release, and lasts for 3.343 quindecillion years.

The Jonestown Death Tape deserves an honorable mention as challenging, but I would not call it inaccessible.

Roll

What do you mean by inaccessible? Do you mean like obscure? Something not a lot of people know about? Or judging by some of the replies accessible means it has a narrow appeal. Either way I'll throw this out there.

AMMMusic or Sun Pandemonium

I like a lot of modern EAI and glitch in general, but these two are distinctly abstract and unwelcoming that I felt lost as I was listening

Stabscotch - Uncanny Valley

You may be able to like it but try listening to the whole album in one go

honestly pulse demon. but it doesnt even try to be music honestly

roll

That might not be accessible but it's not hard to listen to

fuck me can someone help me with finding that album? can't into moonrunes

roll

Honestly it's easier to fall asleep to Public Castration than SftB for me...

I find StfB to be a pretty comfy album. It has some straight up jumpscares like YRP 2, but other than that I find that all the shrill synths and spoken word samples throughout the album almost gives it an ASMR quality

I'm listening to this for the first time. Not sure if inaccessible or just fucking shite.

>pig destroyer
>eyehategod
>toadliquor
>diapsiquir
guess I like "endurance core" then
huh

John Mayer - The Search for Everything
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzqLtnBc1dg

>Faust vs Dalek
>The Knife
>Komara
Are these like the "lucky" spots that are actually just good normal albums