Did you perform at your high school's talent show? Do you ever fantasize about doing so?

Did you perform at your high school's talent show? Do you ever fantasize about doing so?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eej-dHJadT4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Every kid slightly into music has dreamt of it at one point

>walk on stage
>somehow fall off stage
Nightmares forever and ever and ever.

I always womdered what this kid's story was. Was he trying to show everyone he was a badass dude?

>24
>still fantasise about it

It really couldn't have been anything else than that. The kid barely remembered his mumbled lyrics. Probably hasn't sang in his life.

PSYCHOSOCIAL

I
DID
MY
TIME

ONE NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

I went to cyberschool

i did. we played paranoid and iron man
there was no crowd

Absolutely nobody?

everyone was fucking around no one really paid attention

My high school never had a talent show, but if it had, I'd have done it in a heartbeat.

I did El Scorcho at one of my school's shows. Probably sounded like shit but had fun

I did it and it was awesome.
There weren't that many people at the talent show the first time I did it, and I thought I bombed because I wasn't as good as I was in my bedroom (it was my first live performance ever), but everyone loved it and word of my performance spread like wildfire, especially after it got posted to youtube.
The following year the amount of talent show entrants had doubled and so many people had showed up to watch that the school gymnasium capacity had been exceeded. Every 12-14 year old who participated told me they entered because they had seen me. The audience kept shouting my name in between performances by other kids, and when I finally came on I had to wait to start playing because their screaming was louder than the PA system. At the end of the show the audience was still shouting my name so I decided to play the song I had played the year before, and the response was incredible. Some were even singing along to the instrumental. Then I graduated.

The funniest part is that what I played were some original instrumental hard rock songs on guitar and they weren't even particularly good. I just happened to be the only person doing anything like that. In the land of the blind one eye is king.

Where did this happen?

inb4 JERdk

Black Sabbath's first tour.
It was actually very common for bands to tour high schools back in the 50s, 60s, and early 70s.

phew, thought i was the only one fantasising about that

hi ozzy / geezer / tony / bill

It's so cool that bands used to do that. My dad saw Percy Sledge, silver album-era Chicago, and Iron Butterfly all at local schools back in the day

Fugazi did that in early nineties
youtube.com/watch?v=Eej-dHJadT4

All OG emo bands did that fequently.

maybe its still a thing I wouldnt know