I need help from guitar Sup Forumsros

I need help from guitar Sup Forumsros

I've been playing for a year but still sound really shitty. I'm not comfortable enough to jam with other people either. How do I take a step forward? Self taught

vocaroo.com/i/s0kIOR6Ydmka

Other urls found in this thread:

musicopedia.com/scales/6-guitar.php
randscullard.com/CircleOfFifths/UserGuide.htm
randscullard.com/CircleOfFifths/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doesnt sound bad, I think you should get started writing your own songs, and really playing with people is the fastest way to improve.

what's your hardware man?

I used to have an acoustic Yamaha F335 but I don't anymore. Now I just play on me housemates guitar. Buying a Strat soon

dell inspiron 15.

This is not half-bad for only playing for a year. I'd say get your chord fluidity down, master, and I mean master, a few basic scales. Then maybe sit down and pick your favorite or most influential guitarist, and sit down and figure out why they sound the way they do. At that point your direction should be fairly obvious.

Start learning songs just outside your comfort zone. Nothing crazy right away. For example "like a stone" by audioslave. It is an slow tempo and the solo is easy.

the picking and strumming doesn't sound bad, but the tempo is all over the place, try using a metronome or playing to the actual song

you are going to have to start up a heroin habit if you want to excel any further

is that the oompa loompa song?

>not comfortable enough to jam with other people
this is how you get better. suck it up and find some people to play with you pussy.

its like youre playing notes but not an actual song. get better at phrasing and practice with a metronome.

this. become more languid in your play style. tone sounds decent enough for a crappy recording. stick with it.

Use guitarbackingtrack.com to learn more songs and get used to playing with a band without having to depend on other people.

Record yourself playing to these tracks so you can critique yourself.

Also the first part of Steve Via’s 10hr guitar work out helped me tremendously. Use a metronome.

IMO, take some time to learn GENERAL MUSIC THEORY. no just guitar related stuff, will help loads

Practice to metronome - there's loads of free versions online.
Learn a scale and then learn the variant, major scale in E, then F etc. when you've nailed that, learn a new one.
musicopedia.com/scales/6-guitar.php

JAM WITH PEOPLE, if they're mates it doesn't matter if you're shit, you will get better, especially with drive to pull your weight.

Sites like Ultimate Guitar have a lot of free tabs.

Wrong. It won't help him play better, it'll just help him understand what he's playing poorly.
OP, play unplugged so you can hear yourself clearly. Old strings =shit tones

Do basic exercises to a metronome, major, minor and blues scales, just run them back and forth. Simple finger exercises will help you so much.

If you can afford lessons even once in a while it can be invaluable. Learning the right way to do things like hand position, string muting, alternate picking, etc makes everything easier down the line.

Other than that:
Practice with a metronome. Scales, chord progressions, riffs, everything. Playing in rhythm is what makes you sound musical. It will help you play with drummers live or with click tracks when recording.

Learn entire songs in the style you like and play along with them. The rhythm. The lead. The bass line an octave up. Learn to play the vocals on guitar. Sing the vocals. This will expose your weaknesses and force you to work on the things you really need. Getting to 100% on a handful of songs is so much more valuable than learning a bunch of random riffs and chord progressions (which you should also do btw).

i guess it depends on what you want to do. Some people are happy just learning songs, some like dicking about with scales to a jam track.

If you want to learn music it might be a good idea to make a song. Just follow the circle of fifths and you cant go wrong.

randscullard.com/CircleOfFifths/UserGuide.htm

randscullard.com/CircleOfFifths/

>tfw you've played for over 15 years and still think you sound shitty

I agree

A great way to practice for me is continuously work on kinda hard songs to learn. And when you play a song, record it and play it back to yourself so you can hear how you sound and fix it if somethings wrong.