Ok Sup Forums, story time:

Ok Sup Forums, story time:
>be me, mid 30s
>have much loved doggo for 16 years, outlasted ex wife
>veterinaryfag, 1000+ euthanasias performed
>doggo very sick, terminal
>elect to shoot doggo in back of head while he eats special treat so he doesn't know
>one shot one kill, ofmiceandmen.webm

I miss my buddy, but feel it was kinder this way since he hated coming with me to the clinic for even routine stuff and having performed euthanasia and hating needles myself I'd prefer to go this way rather than lethal injection.

>AMA/feels
>inb4 dox, it was a clean kill and I cried, not cruelty, and I debated it for days

OP again, /r/ feels, your doggos, story time, anything to take my mind off of this

Nothing wrong with that OP. It's more emotional but it is quick for the dog. Girlfriends dad/brother out their dogs down this way.

Sorry man. I know how easy it is to love a dog and not many things can make me cry but thinking about my pup dying can make me cry easily.

Time will allow you to forget, and you just got to think ahead and not let yourself dwell on your old doggo.

Pic is my doggo

Dogs are fucking gay
Faggots

Thanks Sup Forumsro, I still have 2 other doggos and they keep looking for their missing little dude. I feel good about the decision, and method, but can't get the memory out of my head. Never been hunting, just a good shot and seen a lot of death so there were no surprises but still rough to watch the last few seconds and the feeling just before taking the shot and knowing I could back down... Plus the fear of other vetfags judging me if they find out how I did it rather than using pentobarbital injection etc...

Papillon? Nice coat :)

I'm sorry. He's in a better place now, and he'll be waiting for you when you arrive there too.

That’s the way you do it. Fast and clean.

Using an injection is making him suffer more and you have to wait for the injection kick in and it puts more guilt on you.

What gun did you use to put down the mut?

Your opinion has been filed under "E" for "Edge"

Thanks man
Short barrel .22, he was 3 lbs and it was point blank while he had a snack he never gets so anything else would have been overkill and I didn't want a mess. Clean in / out and under 5 seconds between firing and cease of agonal movement. (His last twitch was a tail wag ;_;)

I am an atheist myself, but in the get field we refer to that as crossing the "rainbow bridge". I will copy / paste the poem in a second, actually feeding and walking the others while posting.

*vet field

That’s a damn good last twitch.

I’ve lost a lot of dogs in my life either because my mother could afford to keep them anymore or they ran out.

I think the most emotional I have gotten was when I was in the 6th grade and it was a stormy day riding my bicycle from school to home. While riding home I saw a dog that looked just like mine but I said it’s a coincidence. When I arrived home the side gate was swinging open and our other dog was about to go outside but I caught him and closed the gate. When I realized that it was our dog on the street I went back and hiked around looking for our dog but I never saw her again. I just hope no one ran her over.

But yeah, I cried about it because I trained her and had her sleep with me in my bed every night because she would cry when left in the garage.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

That's heartbreaking. My old room mate left the gate open once and I was lucky enough to get my boys back after a few hours of looking. And yeah, of all the last twitches to get seeing him tail thump one last time helped a lot. I'm sorry for your loss Sup Forumsro

If you have a dog for any other reason than
>hunting
>guide dog for the blind
>police work
then that animal is/was worthless and a waste of resources you could've used on yourself instead of that worthless bottom-feeder that is a domesticated dog.

LOL you are crying over this retarded mutt.

This literal moron decided that going off solo is better than living with gods who can give you processed food on demand.

Stupid deeds deserve stupid consequences. Even for dogs.

See

But none of the things said were particularly edgy. These are opinions that make sense.

To be frank, a trained dog escapes from home to find his or her owner in most cases.

>living with gods that provide processed foods on demand
Do you have any good boy points or did you cash them out for tendies you freeloading basementfag?

I don't know if I can be called a freeloader, having lived on my own and working for myself for almost half my life now.

Never needed a dog though. Would be a waste.

Fuck you made me cry