Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums
Recently got into the Fallout games. Just finished the first and second game and have decided to hop right into new Vegas as it seems quite a deal more appealing to me then Fallout 3.

Anyway I recently acquired a new pc that can actually run games unlike my old rig that was able to run bot Fo 1,2. But New Vegas has been giving me trouble. My Pc should be able to run it fine yet on high settings i still get a whole load of frame stuttering and occasional fps drops.

To get to the point I am not good with computers at all. These are my specs maybe you guys could help me run this game better idk. Appreciate the help.

GPU: GTX 970

CPU:Core I5-6400 @2.7 GHZ

Memory: 8GB

GPU driver version: 21.21.13.7563

Let me know if I should provide anything else like I said I am bad with computers.

Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HVHuiM3J6T0
youtube.com/watch?v=EcQVJNsnnyQ
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45652/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55061/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You have to download more RAM.

I'm not that retarded

you will want to download some software to create a ramdisk and load your game from ram, this will reduce most of the stuttering. however the game will take longer to load when you go to new areas.

driver issue as i had same problem went from med 720p 30fps to ultra 8xmxaa 1080p 60fps with clean diver deletion and fresh reinstall

heres proof
before:youtube.com/watch?v=HVHuiM3J6T0

after:youtube.com/watch?v=EcQVJNsnnyQ

You can get some optimization mods. Also theres a bunch of in game sliders that you can lower that help your gpu performance. With all the sliders down, I could play it on my toastertop.

I don't know a thing about computers but NV is the best game don't bother with 4.
You should probably go to nexus for a performance mod

get NVAC, NVSR, the 4GB patch, and YUP. these didn't eliminate all my problems but it made them happen very rarely. i have 50 hours in my current character and i've only gotten stutters/crashing once.

Others have got you sorted with the hardwear and shit but here is my advice; play a gunslinger get 75 lockpick early to get the lucky revolver, put 50 into sneak 100 into guns, 45 into melee and side with the ncr or indipendent for the ranger combat armor and the medicne stick is the best medium to long range gun other than the 50. mg. Other than that good luck and have fun playing the best fallout game.

Also download the casm mod
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45652/?

you need a titan xp

gtx 970 should be honestly able to run almost anything at ultra or almost ultra settings

Your GPU is fine and your cpu isn't bad but I would consider adding more ram. What do you use for a monitor

The game is capped at 2GB of ram which causes most issues. This mod raises the cap to 4GB.
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55061/?
You'll probably also want the unofficial patch and stutter removing mod at the very least.

this

Why even go to the effort of an upgrade just buy a fucking Xbox 360 they cost fuck all now

8gb ram is 95 percent fine, some really shitty game ports might benefit a bigt from 16gb, but not many

Invest 100 points and get your intelligence s.p.e.c.i.a.l to 10 and hack your computer so it runs it, did you even take the fucking g.o.a.t. man?

Just a shitty 720p monitor my mate gave me. Going to be going out and getting a new one within the week.

get 1080p at least

remember to run your comp on high performance mode, might help a bit

That's what I am going to be getting. I get paid soon so after that I'll cop it.