youtube.com/watch?v=UBk9p0AZU-8
youtube.com/watch?v=TejyElIcC44
55chan.org/mu/src/1505089359634-1.ogg
clyp.it/tl4e3vef
my.mixtape.moe/ubymij.mp3
youtu.be/tZxmJcF_42w
cheapguitarstores.com?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The headstock decals Squire owners wish they had.

>Built in Mini Rockrec
>Revoiced to sound like a Knucklehead
>Oversized cab with a Neo Creamback
I think I found my next amp. Thoughts?

hi

New official tuning: GGDEAD

haha very good one

Should I start learning classical or jazz guitar?

I picked up a MIJ Jazzmaster from Craigslist a few months ago. So far I love it but there are a couple problems with the bridge and trem that really bug me.

The bridge is giving me a lot of issues with buzzing and holding the strings in place. I got it set up recently, which helped with the buzzing, but now the bottom E string refuses to stay put and constantly pops out of its slot, which messes with intonation and tuning. It's playable but definitely not ideal. The B string also buzzes a little but not enough to be super noticeable.

The tremolo sounds great but the trem bar literally refuses to stay in place, every time I push it in it holds for a few seconds and then just falls. Makes it damn near unusable a lot of the time.

Anyone have any experience/suggestions here? I know everyone says to just throw a Staytrem on it and call it a day but I'm wary of spending that much money and possibly changing the tone of the guitar unless it's definitely my best option. I also heard buzz-stop helps a lot.

Hi bros, geting back into guitar after fucking years. Stopped playing at around 17, im 24 now and want to pick it up again. I still remember almost all basic chords and the random power chords since i was into punk at the time. But i have no real understanding when it comes to theory and scales etc. Should i start off it scales? I have the basics down but not sure where to start.

What is a downtuning that melodizies well with E standard? A?

>and the random power chords
Wait... you mean you know ALL the power chords?

You bought a non-American Jaguar/Jazzmaster. This is a well-known phenomenon.

It's the eternal question, isn't it? You should have been here for the one-string guy.

Yeah I know ALL of them

Fucking hell, guy. I don't think you've got anything left to learn.

No.

>he doesn't use Pure Nickel strings

Holy shit these things seriously last forever. I might actually switch over to the D'Addario equivalent because Ernie Balls have a bad rep of not lasting long.

American Jaguars and Jazzmasters weren't in production between 1975 and 2016.

>spend 2 hours wiring the rats nest that is jaguar wiring
>test
>doesn't work
>spend 2 more hours looking over every connection resoldering potential cold solders
>doesn't work
>realize the fender PDF must've been made by some chinee and there are a bunch of errors on the diagram

American Jaguars were produced from 1999 onwards.

You're probably thinking of the dates of the CIJ series.

>classical or jazz
Which do you spend more time listening to? You would probably be happier learning that one to start.

>Pure Nickel
Totally just mind fucked us. They last forever but you'll switch because they have a reputation for not lasting?

just drank a bit of beer, am i singing better? if so ill record the vocals to my covers

clyp.it/bhj2cbyb

why are floyd rose bridges such a pain in the fucking ass to set up
once it's all done, it's really nice and stable, but i've been fucking around for about 2 days now with my floyd and the fucker just won't stay the fuck in tune
I'm really close to throwing the entire guitar through the fucking window

I was aware that bridge problems with Jazzmasters are pretty common. I had a Jazzmaster before this as well so I remember reading about it. I'm just not sure what I should do about it, every time I ask I get a different answer.

My first instinct is to just get a Staytrem bridge and call it a day but I've also heard that that might be overkill when there are easier/cheaper solutions available. I've also heard that the Staytrem changes the sound of the guitar a bit.

There are a lot of them online, surely one must work.

1. Attach strings
2. Rough tuning, string order 3 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 1 > 6
3. Repeat 2 until the tuning is somewhat stable
(3.5. If you change your string gauge, loosen or tighten the springs so that the top of the Floyd is flat or slightly tilted forward and go back to 2)
4. Lock the nut
5. Fine tune, same order as before

Basically it's just lots of repeats until everything is stable. If you do everything systematically, it shouldn't take longer than 20 minutes at most. Setting intonation is a bit more work but that's pretty much a one time job.

Also buy a fixed bridge guitar. That's what I did in the end. Not because of the extra work but because I didn't use the vibrato.

>there are easier/cheaper solutions available.
The easiest solution is to use thicker strings. The bridges were designed when most people were using 12s, so modern strings can have trouble putting the correct pressure on them. If you can stand playing them (although, IMO, people complain about that shit too much; if you spend any time playing acoustic, you're playing way thicker strings than most people use for electric, and no one ever complains about acoustics being completely unplayable), put some .11s on the guitar and see if that does anything.

The next easiest solution is to switch to a Mustang bridge. You could also change the saddles. A few makers put out Jazzmaster-specific models that don't use the dumb thread design. As far as the Trem bar not staying in place: use electrical tape. Wrap enough around the base of the bar to create more tension, it's what Kevin Shields does.

I have a couple of fixed bridge guitars but I use this one for a different tuning

still, thanks, will try to do that stuff

why you can play a minor scale over a major chord but not a major scale over a minor chord?

The enemy can't play guitar, if you disable his hand!

>He needs two hands to play guitar

I just want pussy man. Which is the fastest way to get it? Bass? electric guitar? Acoustic?

>hands

I would:
Buy a Staytrem
Put 11s on
Get it properly set up

Then you'll be free of problems. The bridge shouldn't change the sound of the guitar. High end versions of Fender offsets are currently being produced with equivalent bridges.

Bro, hurdy-gurdy is where it's at. Look at the smile on that dude's face. He gets mad medieval on that pussy. Hear me now. Thank me later.

acoustic guitar, but you have to be handsome and sing too

>Tele Vomit guy hasn't appeared ITT yet

Yeah, I put 11's on it first thing. Definitely an improvement but still not 100% there.

I'll definitely go for the electrical tape solution though, that's a big help. Thanks user

Cool, thanks for the advice. I definitely was under the impression that the bridge wouldn't change the sound or anything but I wanted to be sure. I'll pick up a Staytrem for it in that case.

dang put 11s on my tele and its brought in the bridge's twanginess just enough and its luvly

You messed up the melody, took out an accidental. Sounds gay now

>hurdy-gurdy is where it's at.
You jest, but hurdy gurdys are fucking awesome. I'm pissed it's impossible to find one for a reasonable amount of money, because I really want to pick one up sometime. It seems like they would be great for creating drones and other kinds of ambient music.

electric if you're a ladys man, acoustic if you're looking for the hipstefag type

>Limbs
youtube.com/watch?v=t7z9gVGw_cU

Best bass for around the $500 USD mark? Thanks /gg/.

literally any Ibenez bass undre $501

MODO bass >>> any physical bass

Does your family know your gay yet?

>not putting a Squier decal on your USA Custom Shop Strat
shaking my head

Whatever interests you more

In the event you like both equally, learning jazz develops intuitive skills that are useful in every situation, while classical develops technical skill that's more precise, but more limited in scope.

What do guya think about Ted Greene's lesson sheets?

Buy a DSLR camera, make a website for your photography studio and forget about guitars and music altogether.

Are you referring to something in particular of his? I have a few pdfs of solo pieces he wrote for students along with some books. Good resources if you understand the concepts they're developing.

He has an enormous amount of interesting ideas but doesn't always convey it that well in explanation if you don't already understand it somewhat.

clyp.it/mam1mdp0

What does /gg/ think of my playing style?

>clyp.it/mam1mdp0
Samuel/10
Better than crazyaga, worse than Lil' Wayne

>Samuel/10

What does that mean, user?

Is 22 too old to learn bass?

It's never too late.

It's good Samuelcore. You have your own genre now.

thats not me user

daily practice
clyp.it/cajkaxvn

>tfw no steel acoustic
lifes being mean to me

I've heard several versions of this by you and they all suck you should quit because you haven't improved.

no, i have improved. hear one of the earliest ones:
55chan.org/mu/src/1501945704874.mp3

That's the worst one yet, you have gotten worse.

of course its the worst, its about my first recording of that song, are you retarded?

I like your voice a lot, and your playing is very good. Don't listen to the other user, you're doing just fine.

What song is that out of curiosity?

ugh i'm making some gay tones in that one

thanks an8
song is wild world, original by cat stevens

youtube.com/watch?v=UBk9p0AZU-8

the mr big cover is cooler tho
youtube.com/watch?v=TejyElIcC44

>I like my voice a lot and my playing is very good. I won't listen to that other user because I'm doing just fine.

>What song was I playing, out of curiosity?

Dude, your meds. Take them.

I have 700 to buy an amp for metal, what do you guys reccomend?

No, homo.

STFU IT'S PARTY TIME!!!

>People are not allowed to like things I don't

>meal
>good

>mfw this thread went up at 11:00am on a Sunday and it's still only got 31 posters at 8:00pm

what a bunch of fu/gg/in losers

Started practicing with a metronome for the first time and I fucking suck. Was doing first position G major and worked up to 160bpm. Then tried 8th notes at 80bpm and it was a trainwreck. Tell me it gets easier.

i can play on the beat at 40bpm

is posting on Sup Forums the funniest part of your life?

i didnt report tho

it does

try playing to drum tracks also, as that might sound/feel more natural when you're first doing this

Save a little more and buy an Engl Ironball.

58bpm according to an online tap tempo finder - and i didnt use a click track

55chan.org/mu/src/1505089359634-1.ogg

>and i didnt use a click track
haha oh yeah we see we see user

>55chan
>Sup Forums for Brazilian nogs
Guise how about we go Sup Forums there and shitpost the fuck out of it

do it mongs

go to Sup Forums also

clyp.it/tl4e3vef

is this song on C only?
my.mixtape.moe/ubymij.mp3
Other stuff must happen but my amateur knowloedge limits me

sounds like it modulates in some way after that long d chord but i cant figure what it is
what is that track from?

Yeah, there is a D, and I descend chromatically on the C to the Am somewhere (that's all I can say lol)

"Where is that from?" I think the info is on the file tags... Anyway, a live video for the lulz
youtu.be/tZxmJcF_42w
i love the guitar dude...

>camera man pans to idiot clapping while solo goes on
Why are people so retarded about filming bands?

shut the fuck up lupita

Whats the most Sup Forums-core setup and why is it
>Jazzmaster + Vox AC30

Not me, I have a Jagstang and a Champ.

Thats pretty damn patrician if i would say so myself.

any ideas for my strat project? rn it's apart waiting for the nitro to dry, so i wanted to fuck with the electronics while it's apart. i've got a bill lawrence 500xl in the bridge and I already ordered a GFS lipstick for the neck. what should i do with the middle pickup?

are you having stomach aches user? want help?

Anyone ever bought a guitar from cheapguitarstores.com? Are they as good Squier guitars or are they worse?

> tfw you want to play jazz but you can't afford a jazzmaster

> tfw you want to play surf but you can't afford a surfcaster

Anyone actually own a Japanese Boss CE-2 from the 80's? I'm really about to pick one up online cause man it's incredible.

Anyone know any good fixed wahs or other filter pedals on the market?
Was originally looking at getting a warp sound clone but recently came across the Magnetic Effects Midphoria. The former has distortion control but I figure with the latter I can just use it with a fuzz. Also with a clean blend I imagine it is more versatile.

My chorus is supposed to be a clone and I like it, but I've never played an original.