ITT: We calmly discuss the merits and detriments of President Donald Trump...

ITT: We calmly discuss the merits and detriments of President Donald Trump. When you people devolve into simply name calling, you only appear as autists so let's try to have a civil discussion.

I wasn't really happy with either choice during the election so I didn't vote (that and I couldn't register for a mail-in ballot on time).

I decided to just wait and see what he was capable of. So far I'm not impressed but he has the remaining three years to sort that out and impress. I don't necessarily think he is a horrible person, but I don't quite think of him as a good leader either. It also feels like he hasn't delivered on his campaign promises and has just become "like every other politician" who speaks and doesn't act; the exact opposite of his platform.

While normally I would be in support of tax cuts, I feel as though this is the wrong time to do it. With unemployment so low. Trump and congress should actually raise taxes to curb inflation

I feel he as a president has disconnected the people of this Country from its system, and used social media not as a tool of helping, but as almost a scoreboard. He has, however, shown most people that it doesnt take that much to be president, and poked a big hole in the current voting system, the electoral college

I disagree with the electoral college bit. While it appears to be broken when a candidate can win the popular vote but still lose the election, but without it the majority of the country would not have a say in the presidential election. Only the big cities would matter and the issues they face are not necessarily comparable to other parts of the country. With the EC, states with low populations have much more of a voice than they would have otherwise

He can't seem to handle himself foreign policy-wise, evidenced by Kim Jon Un continually mocking him

geography shouldnt matter more than people

one persons vote should not count more than someone elses because of where they live, but thats exactly how our system works

1.Trump doesn't know what he's doing.
2. The Republicans are fragmented.
3. Trump's policies can't even get off the ground.

We are seeing a true failure just one year into office.

personally my most serious concerns about him first arouse in the presidential debate, when he felt the need to defend his penis size on national television after ted cruz made a metaphor involving his hands in an attempt to illustrate the reality of the POTUS position versus the immense promises donald made.

all politics, religion etc aside, i think it's very hard to argue that he is not deeply insecure.

btw fun fact: he brags about getting 4-5 hours of sleep a night. that is simply not sufficient sleep for anyone, and he exhibits all the symptoms of sleep deprivation.

*arose

>geography

thinks it's only geography

A fat goddamn pile of steaming dogshit. Fuck you.

But it should matter. Without the EC, NYC, Miami, LA, Houston etc. would decide the election every time so the EC is a good compromise to 90% of the country that is not a city. States with much higher populations still get much more influence but the proportion of influence small states get is much higher than it would be. That's why the EC was created. Geography mattered a lot to the founding fathers, which is why senators were originally indirectly elected. They recognized that what was best for the most populated areas was not necessarily best for the state as a whole

his daughter converted to jewish.

the most disastrous administration in over a century. He had an opportunity when he came into office to try to unite. He chose to divide. and i do mean choose. He has demonstrated repeatedly that he will always choose self preservation over country. Today is just another example.

>3. Trump's policies can't even get off the ground.

not sure if false flagging faggot

This is not a president, it is a profound humiliation.
With luck, this fool will precipitate a new Constitutional Congress. Basically the thesis Jerry Farber had in The Student as Nigger, the section where he was supposedly smoking dope with then-Governor Reagan and St Ronnie admitted that his purpose was to galvanize a revolution. It was a calming fantasy back then, sadly never brought to fruition.

His great-grandmother was jewish already.

WHY should it matter. WHY is someone from bumfuck nowhere entitled to MORE of a say than me?
there's just no way to justify it.

The system is set up to avoid the pitfalls of a direct democracy which turns into mob rule. The electoral college is a system that represents western culture and it's focus on individual freedoms that are guaranteed no matter the majority consensus.

the fact that you don't even know the history of your most serious concern is...concerning. It was Marco Rubio that said at a campaign stop that Donald Trump had small hands and that "you know what that means". Soon after was the debate and Trump fired back. He said that it was people like Rubio that were the real crass ones. He said that his hands were normal size and that there were no problems with his dick either. So you should re watch that debate.

Also Trump has always slept very little. But he also has never had a cup of coffee or a beer. He's straight edge as fuck.

The popular vote is the only fair way to do it. And progressives live in rural areas. The Electoral College basically negates their vote against the winner. This is not a fair system.
>the Senate
it's possible we might eliminate it as well and rebuild the Capitol to have one large chamber for what would basically be Parliament.

"living in the country means my opinion matters more" defend this opinion with logic.

The coming of God-Emperor was foretold almost a century ago.

ivanka wasnt born or raised jewish. she chose to do that, and he supported it.

>faggot
you were asked by OP to avoid this kind of language/attitude

Pls re-phrase your comment

why dont you move to a city like everyone else and be normal?

it's a union of states
why should central states never have a say in NATIONAL policy because of the coasts?
don't be a spoiled entitled dickhead

I did not vote for him but what I do love about him is he has this amazing ability to get people to expose who they truly are. I use to vote Democrat but after seeing how the Democratic party and their supporters have conducted themselves post-trump, I will never vote for them again. The left left me.

Sure. Change the College system. But do it the only way you can, by changing the Constitution.

Good luck with THAT, progfag. Kek.

Kinda shot itself in the foot, then, didn't it? That wily system!

because nobody lives there..

anyone that dislikes him takes life too seriously, debate me.

He tweets really important information and denounces the free press, which has never resulted in anything bad ever. I love him.

okay, start the debate. why shouldn't we take life seriously?

You're blowing this "rural fag gets more of a vote than me" mentality out of proportion. Look at California, the most populated state, with its 55 electoral votes to montanas 3. They still hardly have a say but they still deserve a little influence because they are part of the union. Without the EC they wouldn't mean shit and the issues important to them would never get addressed

because it's fundamentally unfair and unacceptable for one persons vote to count for more than someone elses, especially for a shit reason like where they live

why should their votes count for more because there are fewer people in them?
1 person, 1 vote.

Mencken correctly observed just how wrong society can go if the 1% were allowed to be in charge of it.

I do live in a city, I just believe in the systems the founding fathers set up

Stop electing Republicans. Democrats will do what the people want if they're not distracted by Republicans saying "no" all the fucking time.

this. you fuckers and your "coastal elites" more than half the country lives in those cities - including the liberal ones in the middle of the country btw - and way more than half of the economic activity takes place there too. nobody cares about your empty fields in western nebraska.

they deserve exactly as much influence as everyone else. states aren't living entities, people are.

this

I dont. back in those days they thought they could cure cancer with leeches. what the fuck did they know?

Judaism is in their blood. Friedrich's mother (Donald's great-grandmother) was ashkenazi.

Too funny. Read the collected works of Pelosi & Schumer, and then come back as tell me who says "no". Moron.

Not at all. It worked as it should. The entire US was represented proportionately and not just the large population centers. If you were a politician and we just did the majority vote, all you would have to do is cater to the major cities and screw over everyone else. This is just another set of checks and balances.

What we really should talk about is why US citizens from US territories have no vote in these elections.

because it doesn't amount to anything in the long run, the goal of life is to enjoy yourself to the fullest.

dude stop. trump isnt a nazi, enough of this already.

they get two fucking senators, dummy. that's the way it works. wyoming voters still get way more say per capita in congress than californians do.

He comes from a very select, entitled culture and espouses the ideology of that upbringing. His economic policy is close to a century old and has failed repeatedly. I don't care about how he got into office, I care that now that he's there he's making the same mistakes all corporate centric politicians make. He's cutting taxes and ignoring revenue and infrastructure.

your containment board is that way

An imperfect union of states wherein the Senate gives each sovereign state equal weight while the House of Representatives reflects more of a one-corporation-one-vote distribution.

>Democrats will do what the people want

Yeah, the people in NYC and LA.

I have no desire to do what those people want.

national elections effect everyone though. it's not about catering to cities, it's about people. what you're saying is we need to give people more control than others so that they can block things that benefit more people. not acceptable.

>The Electoral College basically negates their vote against the winner.

The electoral college voted almost entirely in line with the will of the voters. Where they didn't, it wasn't for Trump. The harpy lost because her support was too concentrated in a few urban areas.

I don't feel that it matters who has office or what that person promises. Goldman Sachs, the Rothschilds, et al make sure everything is business as usual regardless of who is the figurehead.

and? people are people. just because more of them live in one place doesn't mean they're entitled to less weight

Those states with 3-5 Electoral votes add up, user. And look at Michigan. The cities should decide elections there. They are the center of commerce.

you have google
use it to understand why this system was put into place
you're not to first luminary to suggest 'muh vote'

Have you read his The American Language? He is the perfect curmudgeon. In that work he points out that black folks in his area named their daughters "LaUrine".

Except that the people in the coastal cities have an enormous contempt for rural people. Just reading some of the comments in this thread will show you that.

I don't want a bunch of urban liberals to decide what happens in my state.

You should look at a political map of the US sometime, user.
NY and CA aren't the only liberal states in the Union.

Please don't talk like that. You sound like a Soros shill.

The electorate college has representatives based on actual population for each state taken by census. So, a candidate can win the popular vote, but still must win the states based on population to win the election. So whenever anyone says, "But they won the popular vote." That does not mean anything because we all know how the lection process works. There would be a lot more voting in solid color states than what we see if this was not the case.

Jawohl, mein Herr!

Obama was not a Demagogue because did not know what kind of shit he was throwing at the wall in hopes of it sticking.

"Winner takes all" means my vote didn't count if my candidate loses.
That is not a fair system, user.

^learned nothing
clinton mk1 didn't give a damn about you
mk2 is no better

Tod für den Mexikanishikeit!

i understand why it was put in place originally
i don't think you do.

it was a compromise set up because that was the only way rural states would agree to it, not because the majority thought it was fair.

the exact opposite it true too. the people in the coastal cities are fucking pissed at how the republicans with their rural support base are fucking this country.
i don't want you backwoods conservatards blocking progress.

He's not smart
he doesn't understand politics, economics, insurance, or business.
His tax cuts favor himself and the rich
He's totally corrupt

This is why we need more parties in control. The 2016 election was a disastor with two equally awful candidates. George Washington warned in his farewell address that political parties would ruin the country which they are in the process of doing so. One side is moving towards communism while the other is moving towards fascism. IMO Bernie and Kasich, two individuals disgusted with their parties, should break and form their own parties. With no majority in congress compromise would be forced and then maybe everyone wouldn't hate each other so much

Only the JIDF is welcome on Sup Forums.

sorry user, no participation awards in that race

He's accomplished basically nothing so far. And his tax plan is a giveaway to the rich that exacerbates the deficit, at a time when we should be raising taxes on the rich and gathering a surplus.

>The harpy lost
OP asked you not to engage in this kind of autistic character assassination, user.

And the simple fact is the majority of the county cast their vote for Clinton.

It was obviously hyperbole, be cause it's easier to make a gneral statement than write a fucking thesis about electoral demography.

But it's definitely a growing trend, the rural inland states feel disenfranchised by the coastal states. People out here distrust the federal government and don't like being dictated to.

It will probably reach a breaking point soon.

>autist

No system is fair, user. Seriously. Occam's Razor should be your guide.

Honestly, as horrible as it would be for the browns and blacks, this would absolutely save the country.

>it was a compromise set up because that was the only way rural states would agree to it, not because the majority thought it was fair.

nothing's changed. you think new mexico wants to ruled by the LA basin?

*Facepalm* Ashkenazi does not mean Nazi just cuz it has the word in it.

she's not in this thread.
or is she....?

>Except that the people in the coastal cities have an enormous contempt for rural people.

I'm a liberal. I live in the country. I don't hate rural people, I am one. I hate ignorance and the political right is destructive to my community.

He's a pathological liar who has no real concept of policy, diplomacy, or even a general idea of what he wants for the country.

He has monetized the Presidency in a way never before seen: the office of the President is now just a vehicle for making his family more wealthy.

It's not that he's a white-supremacist. He simply doesn't care. If pandering to the 14-88 crowd gets him more votes, then that's cool with him.

When raced with resistance, he will bluff.
When the bluff fails, he will lie, no matter how obvious the lie is.
When caught in the lie, he will attack. Every time.

Personally, I wouldn't trust someone with such obvious character flaws to be a supermarket cashier.

jesus christ. i can't even imagine being as stupid as you are. how do you manage to put pants on in the morning?

So is Obama. The difference is that Obama is really suave about his corruption while the Resident Dump is a FRONT-STABBER!!! (to borrow an expression from his friend The Mooch). Ehh!

>I don't want you backwards conservatards blocking progress

This is the attitude I'm talking about. You can't seem to open your mouth without vomiting a bunch of hate towards the people who grow your food and keep your lights on.

Also... progress towards what exactly? A bigger welfare state? More immigrants? Your version of progress seems to be hell bent on destroying the fabric of American society.

correct

How are they destructive to your community?

If you live in a rural area, then conservatives ARE your community. What are they doing that you think is so bad?

There's an article in Gore Vidal's Homage to Daniel Shays where he says that the Republicans and the Democrats are merely two wings of the same party, the party of The Haves. He claimed that, when voter turn-out drops below some level, a new Constitutional Congress will be triggered in order for the people to recover their country.

>they both suck

no they don't. And the past 8 years would have been even better if there were less Republicans in office shouting "no" at every policy the Democrats were trying to get passed into law.

So much this. I switched to Republican mid debate after I saw how Democrats really were. The shit they did to Sanders was ridiculous.

So I voted for Trump. Country is better off for it, except for those ultra progressives who want change for changes sake. Trump is a strong leader. When was the las time a President was invited to dine at the Forbidden City?

The more Democrats show their asses and their overall lack of complete fucking sense, the more we will vote in presidents like Trump. Y'all done fuckrd up.

obama isn't corrupt. there was never any hint of a scandal about his administration vis a vis corruption. trump has been in office for less than a year and he's already done more shady shit to put money in his own pocket than anyone in history. most corrupt administration since nixon or harding.

what i love is how you fucking rubes have convinced yourselves that the best way to stick it to the coastal elites is to give them a giant fucking tax break, and then give their corporations huge fucking tax breaks, too. that'll show em.

correct

49% of the vote should matter.
We need to abolish the Electoral College.

you think the LA basin wants to instead be ruled by new mexico?