ITT: Why the fuck do people go to liquor stores?

>ITT: Why the fuck do people go to liquor stores?

Unless you live in some shit state with retarded blue laws, why not go somewhere like a... supermarket? Srsly, you can buy your booze in a place that isn't filthy, the prices aren't sky high and you might even find what you're looking for "on sale". Saving money AND getting drunk... gee that sounds awful. Let's just go to the liquor store because we're fucktards.

Other urls found in this thread:

totalwine.com/beer/ale/porter/baltic-porter/boss-browar-black-boss-porter/p/105053811?s=1101&igrules=true
beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23200/78377/
westcoastbeergeek.com/2014/12/20/craft-beer-review-brower-witnica-black-boss-porter-aged-1-year/
beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/5504/17055/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here liquor stores are much cheaper than anywhere else.

It's closer?

Because I live in a shit state with retarded liquor laws (Pennsylvania). Even so, in states where that's not the case, liquor stores are sort of specialty stores. Like a tobacco/cigar or ethnic food store. Selling the rare or uncommon drinks so you don't need to special order them.

Prices mainly. They are cheaper than the supermarket. Also my liquor store has canned apple cider while my supermarket only has bottled. I like canned more.

In some states, supermarkets don't sell alcohol, so you have no choice.

How is a supermarket going to have a bigger selection than a store that exclusively carries booze?

We're talking about corner liquor stores, not fucking BevMo.

because no one asks questions

Because I'm Canadian and very few of our supermarkets carry alcohol, luckily I work at a brewery.

Also I would argue that supermarkets are just as if not more depressing than liquor stores.

Because I'm not gonna find my single malt scotch in the supermarket and I don't live in the fucking ghetto. Liquor stores here are awesome.

Only niggers and white trash go to liquor stores.

>Because I'm Canadian and very few of our supermarkets carry alcohol,

More proof Canada sucks.

Because they're farther away, easier to get busted drunk driving.
And supermarkets taaake foreeeever. "How's your day going? Looks like someones going to a party. No? He he, well don't drink it all at once."
Fucking store fags.

In my state it only became legal to buy it at grocery stores last year. It took years of lobbying and getting the laws changed. I bet you are single. Spending Saturday night by yourself, drinking?

>Underage hillbilly semi retarded faggot who hangs in front of supermarkets to get actual adults buy his "liquor" for him, detected

Because you knuckledragging shlitz drinking faggot, supermarkets do not carry high end liquor of beer or even wine necessarily (depending on the are). Most do have passable dinner wines and grade B domestic beers for the common drone whose palate has either not yet developed or even exists.

Why do you even care? Just buy your bud light and cheese puffs, carry them back to your trailer and watch wrestling in ignorant bliss for the next 40 years.

Drove down BC a little while back. I was unaware of this. Took forever to find a State-Run Liquor Dispensery n' Vape Shop. Then paid 14 bucks for a sixer of MGD. A can of Cope was $19.81. It was $3.50 in Cali.

My state sells what we call three two beer in grocery stores and gas stations. 3.2% abv
If you want normal strength beer, or any sort of liquor you need to go to a liquor store.
You also cannot buy booze after midnight here.

Peeps need to start callin out these states. Where you at user?

im from canada and the concept of buying alcohol is a supermarket is suprising but ive seen it in american movies and some such

In my state you have to go to the state liquor stores to get hard liquor. Beer and wine are sold pretty much everywhere.

On the bright side, it's the won't time the government has managed to successfully manage a business. Our liquor prices are lower than neighboring states.

Because where I live alcohol isn't sold in supermarkets.

>Underage hillbilly semi retarded faggot who blah blah blah

Nope. Pic related. Also your comment is double retarded, because I'm pretty sure underage kids looking for adults to buy them booze would get MUCH better results at a liquor store. A kid doing that shit at a supermarket would likely get V& quick.

>supermarkets do not carry high end liquor of beer or even wine necessarily
I guess where you live sucks ass, cause all my local supermarkets stock tons of good wine, microbrews and liquor.

That sounds like Utah. Mormon laws.

whats up fellow coloradobro

you got some weak corners.

Utah, right?

Washington only just got liquor in regular stores a few years ago, and in general, the stock is better and cheaper in liquor stores than in grocery stores. Also, to protect the niche, most liquor stores employ knowledgeable people who can actually give you ansolid opinion. And that isn't wine and more or bevmo, I'm talking about the local liquor store down the street.

Yeah the prices are buttfuckingly ridiculous here. We make up for it with a low crime rate and free health care.

Thats cute

because decent liquor stores have a far better selection of liquors. Walmart, Target, the supermarkets near me don't sell George Dickel, Junipero, Old Granddad 114, Korbel 12, or anything that I like to drink.

Yeah the "pick 6" beer case at your local Kroger affiliate doesn't count as microbrew shit.

We in Washington had decent state run stores.. Good selection,decent prices. Costco and the mega marts rammed a ballot initiative through (get the govt off your back man) now liquor is way expensive, selection is silly small and everyone goes to Oregon if they can.

>because not all liquor stores are run by niggers.
>because they arent all located on the corner
>because supermarkets dont actually sell liquor, they only sell beer, SOME wine, and nigger drinks. as in, you literally cant buy vodka or rum or tequila because they dont have it.
>because they actually carry obscure items you're never seen before in addition to the "name brands" like jameson and jack daniels.
>because it is cheaper than special ordering things elsewhere.
>because the owner and employees actually know their shit can help you out in areas that arent your expertise.

I don't get it either. Where I live liquor stores seem to be frequented exclusively by alcoholics, drug addicts, gang bangers or the homeless. The shittier the neighborhood, the more liquor stores. Always.

>ITT: Why the fuck do OP niggers stay in west-side Chicago?

>because supermarkets dont actually sell liquor, they only sell beer, SOME wine, and nigger drinks. as in, you literally cant buy vodka or rum or tequila because they dont have it.

jesus, where the fuck do you live where you can't get liquor at a supermarket? Even Walmart sells liquor around here.

kek
Canada goes to WA, WA goes to OR, OR goes to CA, CA goes to NV.

new york state. supermarkets (including walmart) do not sell even name brand vodka like greygoose or absolut.

and even if they DID, i doubt they would have nearly the selection of types, brands, or flavors as an actual liquor store.

Oregon is the best place

The fact that you're asking "why liquor stores exist" is proof that you are underage, don't know shit about quality liquor, or, most likely, both.

This an example of a relatively decent dark beer that won't commonly find in your liquor store.

Not that your breed would be able to stomach it, as you're clearly of the ilk of uncouth swine who only get their alcohol beverages at the supermarket.

I couldn't live in a state where I couldn't get even middle of the road liquor at a Walmart.

I LOL'd.

Although not exactly true, I'm from CA and the only reason I've seen to buy in NV is when you need high proof. Can't buy >151 in California. I occasionally like to make infused spirits like lemoncello, and you need the good 190 proof for that.

Florida does this. It’s totally a hassle. Publix at least has a separate liquor store next door to their main grocery store but it’d be so much easier if it was just a couple aisles in the main store.

When I lived in St. Louis it depended on the neighborhood demographics whether or not the liquor was out in the aisles or behind the customer service counter.

Utah doesn't sell liquor/wine at the supermarket. ;-;

Jezus, for once there's a good thing about being a NorCalFag. Breweries and wineries everywhere. You can get a lot of booze on almost any corner, gas station, mini-mart, or taco joint. You can get it at any time - it's supposed to be cut off at 2am but I don't think anyone cares besides bars, and I don't know when the "start" time is, but no probs getting it at 6am.
Now that I've said that, Jelly Brown will prolly do something about it.

The liq i live next to has the best selection of any grocer or liq I’ve ever been to. Op must live in a shit state

>tons of good wine, microbrews and liquor.
implying what is available at the supermarket is "top shelf" liquor
>implying any/all microbrews make high end quality beer

You really don't know shit about alcohol, do you?

Support the state of Jefferson, fagwad.
Redding?

Good god, you are an enormous fucking faggot.

dude, have you tried Black Boss porter? There was a liquor store across the street from my office that carried it. About once a month I would go over there for lunch, get a nice sandwich from the deli area and cop a bottle of Black Boss and enjoy it.

Liquor sales weren't privatized in my state until a few years ago. Had to buy it from state owned liquor stores.

How about you read the rest of the thread before responding you piece of worthless garbage.

I do live in a shit state with shit liquor laws. Grocery stores and gas stations only sell light beer here; like 3.2% ABV, and it's overpriced. That should be changing next year but right now liquor stores are still the best option. I still see retards buying Bud Light from 7-Eleven all the time, though.

There's a suprising amount of beers that aren't available in CA. Not necessarily good ones, but some weird versions of Keystone and Becks and shit. But yeah, only really worth it if you're making a large tobacco run anyways.

Idk men, I only buy beer from the supermarket, if I want something more elaborated I just hit the pub and drink a Mojito or something

why? because you have to travel just up the road and walk into a separate store than the one you buy your "tap out" shirts at? seriously, as long as it isnt come city corner nigger store or some trailer park social center, liquor stores are actually great places.

"i need liquor. i should go to the liquor store" "i need clothes, i should go to the clothing store" "i need food, i should go to the grocery store" "i need all of those things, but i have food stamps, i should go to walmart" fuck off poorfag.

>Jefferson
Holy fuck I wish this would happen.
Nah, I'm down near Yuba City.

Man* self correcting keyboard

Less niggers up there tho.

Walmart has shit booze

>Seems to have decent ratings
I'm going to look for that next time I go to the LIQUOR STORE.

Thanks.

Fucked around in Vancouver for 1/2 day. God damn there are some trim ladies! Foxes all around on their bikes in their jogging shorts and yoga pants. Not a fatty (nor nigger) in sight!

Um, you can't buy high proof here in NV either. I used to buy Everclear when I lived in AZ and MI and it was the full 190 proof. Got out here to Vegas and all I can get is this bullshit 151 proof. I haven't even seen Devil's Spring 160 proof Vodka out here.

>you are an enormous fucking faggo
>Doesn't drink shit supermarket beer
>must be faggot

You just stick to drinking what you brew out of your 'gran pappy's' still, behind the woodshed, Jeb.

I wasn't underage even when I started lurking Sup Forums, and that was over ten fucking years ago.

No, at my local supermarket I can buy beer such as this fine selection, a bottle of Beringer zinfandel and some St. George Absinthe Verte. The local liquor stores however are generally where one would go only to buy wine coolers, malt liquor, blunt wraps, or hard booze in bottles smaller than a fifth; (like a pint) for those semi-functional alcoholics who can only control their drinking by buying less.

Perhaps where I live just fucking rules and the rest of the world sucks. At this point I have no idea.

9.4% from Poland. Damn.

Yep. Unfortunately “some” of the Seattle druggies are trying to ruin it.

I was in Vegas last year and I bought both 190 Everclear and 160 Stroh. If they've changed the law it was pretty fucking recent.

most amazing taste too. Chocolate, coffee, berries... So fucking good.

>Butthurt nigger detected

Blue states are generally more rigid when it comes to alcohol sales. Big surprise.

Except for the Bible Belt.

Bi-Lo doesn't carry vodka.

>Beringer zinfandel

actual faggot detected.

Beringer mah nigga??? BERINGER???

Fuck, you could have at least lied and said Brsada Vineyard so it didn't look like you were not only gay, but broke as fuck too.

really??? I haven't tried to buy either since moving here in 2012. I could get both at garden variety liquor stores in Phoenix. I've gone without since they told me at some decent liquor store over on Warm Springs around the block from me told me it was illegal.

Because a supermarket can be fucking enormous? You really are dumb as shit

Could just be a town/county ordinance and not a state law.

nigga, being smart with your money means sometimes having to slum it and shop at Walmart. I just try not to go from the 1st-4th of any given month. Poor white trash, ghetto ass Blacks, and illegal Mexicans flood the store for those 4 days.

totalwine.com/beer/ale/porter/baltic-porter/boss-browar-black-boss-porter/p/105053811?s=1101&igrules=true
Fucking BAM! Right down the street from work.
If either you fags is into IPAs, I'd highly recommend Simtra from Knee Deep Brewing.
beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/23200/78377/

Ok not OP, but what's so gay about Beringer? Is he talking about white zinfandel or something?

The brand Beringer isn't gay, it's just cheap as shit. Barely a step up from Oak Leaf or 2 Buck Chuck. White Zinfandel, on the other hand, is for broads and gay homosexuals.

Yeah seriously. Found a nice specialty liquor store on Yelp and bought there. Actually couldn't find either product at first and had to ask, thinking maybe it was behind the counter or something. I remember while the guy wasn't rude he seemed annoyed by my question and told me the correct aisle. Boom, 190 Everclear and Stroh. Prices weren't super great but can't complain too much for something I can't buy at home.

when i go to a party, i just bring Pepsi.

It doesn’t contain chocolate, coffee or berries and you are one lying piece of shit.

I live in Wisconsin. Nearly 1/3 ood or supermarket is devoted to liqueur, wine, and beer. Most super market selections are twice as diverse as our liqueur stores. But this it's pretty unique to Wisconsin. Drinking is kinda our state past time ever since prohibition.

Where I like the the liquor stores have better prices than regular grocery stores. Not quite Wal-Mart or Meijer but beats the shit out of Kroger or Jewel.

Because Total Wine & More exists.

>I'll stick to my rice beer
Uh, things can't taste like other things? Look at all the vape flavors. Or soda. Or candy. Fuck man.

westcoastbeergeek.com/2014/12/20/craft-beer-review-brower-witnica-black-boss-porter-aged-1-year/

>Flavour: A lot of smokey chocolate up front followed by a creamy textured coffee middle and it finishes with crispy and sweet.

I never said it had it in it, just that it tastes like that.

I live in Washington, so i rive the 15 min to Idaho and get to keep a kidney

>blue state
I'd rather live in a red state where I can only buy liquor before 6pm on Fridays and Saturdays only.

So you just repeated, almost word for word, what they say in their marketing? You got cucked, faggot.

sorry you live in nignog infested area. liquor stores in pa are mostly just as nice or nicer than grocery stores.

also, the few grocery stores that are now permitted to sell beer/wine are only cheaper by about 2%.

tl:dr OP lives in a shitty neighborhood.

Vape flavours are just that. Flavours. They are infected with artificial flavourings. The beer doesn’t have cocoa or fucking coffee in it

Not that user, but what the fuck is wrong with you? They're reviews. If ti tastes like lemons, wouldn't you expect people to call it lemony?
beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/5504/17055/

Because Total Wine is a supermarket for liquor. Prices are cheap as hell too.

And Florida has dumb laws saying that supermarkets can't sell liquor.

nigga I said I used to buy the shit all the time.

Same thing. No one said those things are in the beer.

On the west coast we have a chain called BevMo that are basically supermarket sized liquor stores. Prices are selection are really good. Basically any type of wine, beer, or liquor you could could want.

Because in most places liquor stores are always cheaper than supermarkets, have larger selections than big box stores and have the only thing you need.