ITT: Albums that were initially poorly received but have aged like wine

ITT: Albums that were initially poorly received but have aged like wine

>pic unrelated

I was surprised to learn this got panned on its release.

Do critics always have awful taste?

>Kanyes masterpiece
>Bad
Pick one

Yes obviously, anyone with sense ignores critics and forms opinions

Trips confirm 808s is Kanye's magnum opus

Trips don't lie.

TRIPS DONT LIE

Opinion on it was pretty divided. Some panned it, others loved it

>Kanye's masterpiece
>barely even a 7/10
Sounds about right

Its pretty good mate tell me why you think it's bad. The amount of influence alone makes it at least a 8/10

Dud kanyes shit ritee

What did it influence? The current overuse of auto-tune in rap music?
Wow.

yes, seems like you are acutely aware but choose to ignore it anyway

Drake.

But don't worry I'm with you on here. Drake did the schtick 1000X better than 808s ever could.

I legit agree that this album is great, way better than anything he has done after, his albums now are just full of gimmicks such as completely changing the song near the end or thinking he could ever use samples as good as he used to.
MDBTF is a pop maximalist piece of overrated shit, Yeezus is just a fucking terrible mess with dumb lyrics for 12yo, while TLOP is mumble soundcloud rap garbage with lyrics slightly better but still shit.

Yes that's right

Both T-Pain and Lil Wayne did it before and better than him. I know Kanye got a wider audience and therefore a greater influence over the genre, but it does not mean the album is great in anyway.
Most of the songs sound the same, no variety in the drum patterns. Sad piano chords, awful singing and melodies with badly used auto-tune.

Silverchair - Diorama

Their best album. Fite me.

also agree with this, Misery is probably their best song

>Drake did the schtick 1000X better than 808s ever could.
Nope none of his songs are as good as the best songs on 808s

I come from Sup Forums, and lol, you guys are having serious discussion about Kanye fucking West?? Everybody knows he's a gay fish with no talent

Looks like that fishing for (you's) is going well for you

(you)

Agreed op. I fucking love 808s, people I know irl always trash it and it makes me rage, it's beautiful

kek

Maladroit better end up being as acclaimed as Pinkerton. It's even darker, the compositions are better and the lyrics are nearly as personal.

I can't believe there are people that class it with Make Believe and The Red Album in terms of quality.

(you)

I think it would be my favorite Kanye album if it didnt have Amazing, See You in My Nightmares. Also i already deleted Pinocchio's Story cause it was so bad

Half the tracks on 808s are still shit, idk why anyone thinks it's worthy of even being in his top three. Also don't give me that influential bullshit about this record, that wasn't necessarily on this record, but Cudi's general style/sound.

I always thought Maladroit was one of those "forgotten" Weezer albums since it was trapped between Green and Make Believe.
Still underrated and holds up

TKOL desu.
How has that album not had a bigger influence on the scene?

>Most of the songs sound the same, no variety in the drum patterns
heartless, coldest winter, lock lockdown, and amazing all sound distinct wtf are you on.
>great influence dont come from great albums
his album is a mark on hip hop as the mark where it shifts from the lyrical ability and hardcore image to a softer more melody focused songs.
>Both T-Pain and Lil Wayne did it before and better than him.
no they did not, kid cudi did it better because kanye was directly influenced by him at the time.
>Sad piano chords, awful singing and melodies with badly used auto-tune.
The autotune i think is used well, but thats subjective.

That's pretty much a myth. It received mixed-to-positive reviews on release.