The Rhine is the only true natural border between France and Germany

The Rhine is the only true natural border between France and Germany.

kys

kys

what did he mean by this

Western Switzerland and Piedmont are also rightful French lcay

I agree with this statement.

no, the only true natural limit between France and Italy is the Rhone.

>The Rhine is the only true natural border between France and Poland

FTFY

delete this

>The Rhine is the only true natural border between France and Russia

FTFY

kys

*the weser

*Maas

French people look like Germans desu

Rude. Delete this.

>The Rhine is the only true natural border between the UK and Canada

ftfy

GIB BACK ARAUCANIA !!!!
GIB BACK FRENCH CLAY !!!!!

You shouldn't confuse the Rhine with the Somme.

>A Frenchman from the border with Spain will look like an East German
No

hooray

where does that come from

The Rhine is the only border between Rome and Germania.

fugg off, snail eater. You belong to the Dutch and Elsass is German.

There are no borders.

Of course. Aix-la-Chapelle is a French city.

I don't think so. France is a big country and also the ethnic crossroad of western europe

>The Rhine is the only true natural border between France and Germany.
it's a fact, at bes Germany should own some territories between the Rhine and the Elbe, but even this would be very generous

not another one please, its ours, OURS

I have a toy tank, it remindes me dialy how much of a faggots the Polish are

>this obvious statement will trigger someone

+

Based Belgian

Kys

I think Germany is quite small for what it has been. But you could say that Germany is not only the Bundesrepublik. All those duchies, counties and kingdoms are incorporated by other countries now.

Rivers as borders is stupid considering the culture of an area will be the same in the entire valley. Mountains are the best natural borders because they actual prevent transportation and thus result in different cultures on each side.

The best border between Germany and France is the Vosges range.

Germany has been punished far more than what they have deserved, while France has never had to defend their illegal annexations of Nice, Corsica, Roussillon, Calais, Alsace-Lorraine. Not to even mention their outseas colonies.

>Holy
>Roman
>Empire

>Corsica
Bought from Genoa.
>Nice
Given to France as a condition for support of Italy's unification.
>Calais
Rightful French clay through the Burgundian Inheritance.
>Alsace-Lorraine
When Germany "reclaimed" them, Alsatian representatives to the Reichtstag constantly made it clear that they desired to be French. In fact, during WWI all Alsatians were deployed on the Eastern front due to fears of mass desertion to France had they been deployed West. Really activates your almonds.

Southwest French are basques, very differente from the ethnic French.

FLANDERS WILL NEVER AGAIN BE PART OF FRANCE

DEATH TO ALL FROGS

But southern-Flanders is still part of France...

>Forgetting the significant input of French speaking warriors on the Flemish side
>Forgetting that the Battle of the Golden Spurs was avenged by the French king personally two years later
>Forgetting that those golden spurs no longer hang in Flanders because said French king reclaimed them after said avenging
>Forgetting that the French actually won the war and not only got the money they started the war over in the first place, but territorial gains to boot
The English language lacks the words to properly explain how pathetic it is that this event has come to define the Flemish nationality. The way the Flemish depict it nowadays willingly ignores crucial facts.

Gascons aren't Basques(Vascones)

>I don't understand the construction of tradition and the use of symbolism in nation building

Indeed, a shameful injustice.

That's a very longwinded way to say "historical revisionism". Let me guess, you also think Caesar calling the Belgae the bravest of all Gauls somehow applies to a country that didn't exist until 1830 too?

Just checked they're indeed are

I guess we need to annex the Basques too

>you also think Caesar calling the Belgae the bravest of all Gauls somehow applies to a country that didn't exist until 1830 too?
Of course not. But it was used in the construction of the Belgian nation — which, for the record, I do not consider myself a part of.
Just because all societal systems, cultures, whatever are human constructions that don't exist as objective truths separate from humans themselves, doesn't mean these same systems are useless or "false". I know full well the nuances of the Battle of the Golden Spurs and what it meant and what it certainly didn't mean. I study history, this was talked about in length during classes. But that doesn't mean I can't refer to it as an expression of a cultural phenomenon. I can refer to the Battle in the sense of how it exists in the collective memory of my people, without erasing the "real" factual battle from existence.

You forgot to mention that the Corsicans actually had quasi-independence and fought against the French invasion

>But it was used in the construction of the Belgian nation — which, for the record, I do not consider myself a part of.
Goes to show you that Belgium isn't just one, but two pathetic non-countries.

>But that doesn't mean I can't refer to it as an expression of a cultural phenomenon
The fuck do you even mean by "cultural phenomenon"? The fact that the Flemish suddenly decided to use it as a tool to justify their hatred of the Walloons in 1973? It is exactly as I called it, historical revisionism. It is no different from Soviets trying to rewrite history through the lens of class struggle. History should not be a propaganda tool, it should be viewed as objectively as possible. Of course it also has a cultural impact, but there's a massive difference between for example on the one side the French Revolution and Dutch Revolt being the beginning of respectively Modern France and an independent Netherlands, and the entirety of the Franco-Flemish war which was succesfully fought by a French king to fill his rapidly depleting treasury. The Flemish desire to depict it as almost some sort of Flemish victory over the Walloons reeks of Wewuzism.

t. vlaams belang voter

a french guy proclaimed himself as the king of araucanía with the support of local native people, it didn't last a lot

r8 my France

Basques are their own thing, and much more linked to Spain. Many of the greatest spaniards were basques like Loyola (founder of the Jesuits), or Elcano (first man to circumnavigate earth), and Basques were ridiculously nationalistic spaniards until the late XIX century, when they lost their medieval priviledges.

Aragonese belongs to the same family as Spaniash and Portuguese. And Catalans have a saying on how the Ebro river is born in a land different from theirs.

Cataluña as French makes more sense because of the Spanish Marche of Charlemagne, and because their language is related to the dead languages of Southern France (occitan)

Oh, how I would love to erase these two landmasses...

What's stopping you? You own a shovel, don't you?

Nice France

A bit wide but nothing that we can't handle