Can someone explain what happened with Bitcoin today that has people crying?

Can someone explain what happened with Bitcoin today that has people crying?

I don't own Bitcoin. I barely understand it.
But they're talking about "History being made" and not in a good sense. What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/BTC-USD?_ga=2.159959413.956284211.1510482744-690470572.1506060053
nicehash.com/profitability-calculator
youtube.com/watch?v=mGOITMdeQ-k
youtube.com/watch?v=PtxAAVTjWP0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dropped $1000 over night

Haha so that bubble finally popped

There's a conspiracy about China and South Korea trying to replace bitcoin with bitcoin cash... something like that

bubble?

Is it because of other crypto currency being made?
All the ads on my FB is of different kinds og currencies you can Invest in

why am I thinking it has more to do with prince talaweed

theres thousands of alt-coins theres one made every day. theyre all traded for bitcoin

if you want to buy, buy now

Hit a bottom of 5600 recently after hitting a high of 7700 4 days ago.

Alot of late fags are upset because der profit

I got in early & only mine now. So idgaf & sold at 7,300 and now bought more at 5800.

Setup phone alerts is great.

Get LTC if you want to be at the start of another crypto. LTC has been around to be now settling @ 60$ a coin. I bought a fuckton @12$

LTC is great

Fuck you

Nobody wants your bags.

There was alot of speculation about the Segwit2x hard fork. it made all the news. Then the programmers called off the split, made a ton of cash... artificial inflation on a non regulated currency. Its the wild west of money

Seems to still be freefalling live....

markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/BTC-USD?_ga=2.159959413.956284211.1510482744-690470572.1506060053

I don't quite understand it but something about Bitcoin miners all jumping ship to mine the easier Cryptocurrencies... resulting in a slowdown of Bitcoin mining which devalued Bitcoin overnight.

And Transaction fees rising to $8 each in the last day.

it was because someone started a rumor about forking bitcoin, all the fantasy financiers panicked and started trying to trade them for Linendollars, or WoW gold.

it's not money, because you can't buy anything except more bitcoins with it. we've had this discussion before, and the hardcore fantasy financiers insist it's a real currency and you can buy shit with it. when you call them on it, they refer you to that cafe in san fransisco, you know the one? they can't find it any more, but YOU KNOW THE ONE RIGHT

Is it worth going into crypto now, or is it too late?

who

Yes

>Is it worth going into crypto now, or is it too late?

Same question here too.

way too late. all the first tier have made their money and got out, and the current people pushing it are desperate for new blood to prop up the pyramid scheme. that'd be you. how much real money you got?

I got $35k in a high-interest savings, gonna move it to a vanguard soon. I'm kinda interested in crpto but it kinda just sounds like and edgy-private-school-under-30-douchbag-meme now and that any real profits from it are going to those with 20 PhD's or chinese mafia's.
I don't want to be right btw - I just wanna be smart about it.

Doesn this happend every few months? I rembmber the same thing happend earlier this year in like april, BC dropped and everyone went apeshit and yelled OMFG ITS OVER BC IS DEAD ITS DEAD I TELL YOU THE BUBBLE HAS BURSTED

(some) people are selling their BTC to buy Bitcoin Cash instead, that's what I did.

The owner of pirate bay said bitcoin hit a brick wall and is going to sell everything and invest in bitcoin cash
Im guessing that was a paid promotion
I believe bitcoin will still rise after this because of how well known it is

-> pyramid scheme

Just don't talk about things you don't even slightly understand bruh

with 2 OCd gtx 1080s I get about 5-6 dollars a day @ approx 110 M/Hs. Not really that much but it equates to one free video game a month so I do it. My utility expense is a fixed cost as well, so I don't have to factor in the price of electricity. They say that you 'can't mine with GPUs' anymore but you can. Juust don't expect to get rich off of it or anything.

I was going to but a couple of ASIC miners but the only one that seemed profitable me was the s9 and for 3000+ dollars that's quit the gamble with estimates saying there would be a return on investment in 9 months.

Of course the market is too volatile to accurately predict that. I have the money to do it, but it seems like a risky investment so I didn't bother.

If you already have a few beefy graphics cards it is relatively easy to make around a hundred bucks a month.

You have to consider the power usage what you pay for KW/Hr and cost of initial investment. In most cases the total cost is more than the coin generated.

short answer, in most cases no. Even if you buy a decent miner for around 500-750 USD generally it just breaks even, or even loses money.

Pretty much this.

Unless if you already have equipment to mine with no to low energy costs it is simply not economically profitable.

Overall it is usually a waste of time but an interesting hobby if you already have the shit to do it.

also this

nicehash.com/profitability-calculator

one of the Saudi princes that owned some big chunks of Citigroup, Twitter, and others, and was allegedly deep into BTC.

Kek

oh okay thanks

sandwich

> Bitcoin has hit $30000
> Crashes to $20000
> "See! Told you it was a bubble!"

This. You have to be retard. To not sell when th btc was up to 5k .

Bitcoin Cash - pump and dump

if you want to buy bitcoin... now is the time!

Lets see who the retard will be when BTC hits 10k end of this year.

People will still refer to you as 'the retard' irregardless of bitcoin inflation user.

segwit2x hardfork had been canceled

its almost back up again so nothing major

hahahaha how out of date are you, its STILL above 6k man, the people who sold at 5k are crying

>bitcoin inflation
>limited number of bitcoins
;;)

bitcoins are a scam.

This. I'm crying because I sold when it was around 300€

K.

This guy is right.

but a slow down would make them rarer wouldn't it?

If you wanta real investment, look into startups using blockchain in various applications. There's other interesting stuff going on.

Still all kind of speculative.

Oops lol

ur a fkn idiot, u devalue ur GPUs by a lot more than 6 dollars a day, u r not making any real tangible profit at all

I already bought them for gaming dingus. Are you really back patting yourself for figuring out that a couple grand in graphics cards is not going to break even at 6 dollars a day?

Fedorable.

Satoshi here, This is a rough estimation of bitcion value that we plot over the years

The years are not clearn, I remove them for reasons, could be a 10 year spam or 40 year spam

The point is, we are taking ur money if ur dumb, all of it.

Don't claim ur making money then, u autistic cunt

ur like a retarded uber driver that thinks hes making money, and doesnt know about the hidden costs that come out of his pocket at the end of the year

u incite other idiots to do the same when u imply that ur making money, to join u on this garbage pyramid scheme, bitcoins is for garbage idiots who think they are smart and investors lol

Not it hasnt and no it hasnt. zeroes are a bit off there pal.

>BTC hits 10k end of this year.
probably not. that's just wishful thinking. it dropped 7% in 48 hours (10th nov) and only recovered slightly. now, if it can drop 7% in that amount of time, what makes you think the price will climb even higher? only retards and the completely fucking gullible are hoping it will keep climbing to unsustainable levels. anyone with a basic comprehension of how currencies and economics work knows that the currency wasn't invented to make people rich, it was a replacement for fiat currencies. idiots seemed to have forgotten all about that.

The Ultimate price of bitcoin in the end is going to be 0.00001

If u want to ride the gamble wave and maybe make money alot of it or lose alot of money, thats ur choice, but its not an investment, ur speculating and no srs money maker mindset will ever consider bitcoins

what does this mean for darknet markets?

it's down 10 percent in two days. litecoin and ethereum are doing well. i can't do a screenshot of the coinbase app but i have 5 bucks of bitcoin, 2 bucks of ethereum and 1 buck of litecoin. right now my $5 btc is 4.34, ETH is 2.08 and LTC is 1.09. that's 4% up for ETH, 9% up for litecoin and a big drop for BTC. you can buy a single dollar worth of a coin at coinbase and make a wallet and watch it on your phone. bitcoin is dying right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=mGOITMdeQ-k

now watch a 1-week old baby get REKT

Pump and dump LOL

Every apprentice plumber tradie thinks hes investing while handing out to money weasels that scam u of ur real hard earned savings

I'm just mad that I wasted about 400 or so bitcoins on drugs back in the day.

doesn't mean much. the goods still cost the same, except the amount payable via btc is different.

i bought at 88usd and sold at 770 last year

i bought btc years ago, and since im not a jew, i bought shit with it. no regrets. because it's a fucking currency, not a life investment like a superannuation plan or pension.

I am making money off of it because I am using shit that I already have and have no additional cost of electricity. I am making 100-150 dollars that I otherwise wouldn't have for shit I already own, and paid for for something else.

>I. already. owned. them. for. something. else.

Of course it wouldn't be worth it to buy justforthat.exe. I am telling people that if you already have a beastly gaming rig that you can make about a hundred bucks a month if you run a miner for example while at work or not using it like I do.

If you took the time to read my post I implicitly stated

>Unless if you already have equipment to mine with no to low energy costs it is simply not economically profitable.

Overall it is usually a waste of time but an interesting hobby if you already have the shit to do it.

tl;dr learn to read you dumb nigger

wow gold lmfao

Feels good watching no-coiners throw their brainlet opinions arround

i watched the whole thing you fucker

Tfw the electricity to power your pc costs 5-6 bucks a day

I can see that reading comprehension is not Sup Forums's strong suit.

assmad no-coiner

you are still in time to make big bucks, the antminers are making 50$ a day with the price surge on bitcoin cash, and the rigs are making a total of 60$ a day, minus 15 for electricity.

Some days they make 200$ when some coin drops difficulty

You can buy pretty much anything with Bitcoin ya crazy bearded fool, it's called the black market, can highly recommend

how do you get into bit mining without getting scammed or virused?

Last I checked the antminers were not profitable except for the high end ones and the ROI was almost a year. I would only buy new shit if it was to make money within a month or two, otherwise it is not worth the risk of investment to me. The only reason I mine now is because the electricity cost is low enough that no one will notice, and I already have the GPUs. It wouldn't make sense for me to buy a miner lets say an S3 for a few hundred dollars when It basically makes nothing.

I would shell out the few thousand for a beastly miner, but there is no guarantee that I will make money, and even if I do it would likely be close to a year later. The total cost of ownership is just too high in comparison with the coin it generates. IMO the risk > the reward. SO I will passively mine my hundred bucks a month.

I use exodus wallet and nicehash miner

They pay out every time get to around 75 USD (current market value)

watch youtube videos and check the forums. DO NOT go and buy a miner or anything until your calculate if it will be profitable to you or not. Most of the time it is not.

If you already have solid GPUs it could be worth it but as far as buying new shit and mining the ROI is shaky at best

take a look at this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=PtxAAVTjWP0

God, did you think that when you woke up this morning, THAT much diarrhea would come exploding out of your mouth? Have you seen a chart for BTC? It's volatile but has consistently recovered to make new highs. Every. Single. Time.

>>High interest savings

Long term bet is in privacy focused coins because they will always have a real use in black markets. Stockpile there and trade into and out of scam coins opposite to the rest of the market. It's free money.

You type "u" instead of "you". That makes u look like an idiot.

does it not work well with AMD GPU?

>its volatile
you realize it could just as easily go down to 500$ again like it was 12 months ago

I am an Nvidia fanboy but I did hear a while back that the RX series was producing relatively cheap cards that were good for mining, and then the cards skyrocketed in price. I am sure you can use AMD stuff as well, but I personally have not. I assume the algorithm that is used will be different, that is why you should benchmark whatever you have in the miner to make sure you are getting the most efficient algorithm. Watch the video I posted that guy shows you how to start it up. Most likely if you have an equivalently high-end AMD card(s) that is comparable to my Nvida so I would assume the results to be similar. If you tell me what you have I will calculate it for you.

Probably not but possible

>there is no guarantee on an investment

Welcome to real life kid, where risk takers get rich, and poorfags clinge to their puny savings until they die and get burried in a wooden coffin.

i tried but it says amd is discontinued unless you want to download some legacy thing from github :(

You arent getting rich off of that setup stop lying on the internet.

which cards?

yup, all risk takers are rewarded with riches beyond their imagination, every time, all the time

I remember discovering the coin back when it was 600
>didn't bought

fx-8150 / radeon HD 7700

>nicehash
Muh nigguh

P&D only works if you are going to dump.

Not getting rich, but am making passive income. That's all that matters.
Currently have 30k in hardware, this can make me arround 100k in 2 years plus hardware resale value

t. too scared to be someone

hardware resale isn't that profitable for ASICs tho
i suppose your 30k hardware are not video cards
sry for english

To be honest it will make so little it isn't even worth it.

Unless if you have high end gpuus it isn't worth it and the CPUs make almost nothing.

Rule 200

Because the picture of your afro engineered nigminer is worth a couple grand at most.

fair enough :(

6x vega 64
7x 1070
7x 470
7x 570
4x antminer s9

I'm sorry bro but I'd rather tell you the truth rather then you go through the trouble setting it up only to be disappointed.

Rule 200 newfaggot or GTFO

the antminers are in fucking Romania so I can't send pics of them

That's actually pretty cool sorry for being a nigger.

I AM FROM THE FUTURE

YOU CURRENTLY SAY "I saw btc when it was $600 and didn't buy. fml"

I AM HERE TO TELL YOU BITCOIN IN 2027 IS WORTH $7,000,000 PER COIN

Sup Forums IN 2027:
> "I saw btc when it was $6200 and didn't buy. fml"

Sup Forums won't last till 2017+10

errbody's a nigger here

How many coins do you think got lost in time?
People who mined thousands and forgot the private keys, people who died, initial investors who promised themselves they wouldnt sell until the end of times etc..