ITT: Drawings and portraits of musicians

>Bjork is pretty, but not at all in a generic way. She is so amazingly unique that you can't take your eyes off her. The way she looks, the way she moves, her expressions, her timing, her singing are pure charisma. -John K

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IKSoBJ8WirE
johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2009/04/bjork-in-tub-animation.html
johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2012/06/happy-fathers-day.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The video he did is great: youtube.com/watch?v=IKSoBJ8WirE

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the CG though. He actually talks about how hard it was for him to do the tub scene on his blog.
johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2009/04/bjork-in-tub-animation.html

>john k liking something

Didn't he say he's a huge Gorillaz fan?

I didn't really like this video that much. Looked really cheap, and had too much empty space.

Thanks, didn't know about this.

Here's Bowie by Bowie, he did quite a few self portraits, all varying in quality and style, one was used for his Outside album cover. You could actually buy his art years ago through bowieart.com

I feel like John's animations and art style in general have been on the decline for some years now.

The opening he animated for the Simpson's wasn't that great either in my opinion

Good stuff! Bowie was a very avid art collector, and while I personally don't like a lot his own work, I respect him as an artist. Here's the blog post I got the OP image from,
johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2009/03/can-life-drawing-help-your-animation.html
Yeah, I can't imagine the people commissioning him are paying top dollar though.

Ren coppin' a feel.

bump

I thought john K was gay

Really? Is that picture changing your mind?

Wow, I didn't even know that was supposed to be Iggy.

no

Why do you think John Kricfalusi, Canadian, is gay?

Because a running theme in his work are strong, burly, manly men who remind him of his father.

I love my parents very much too, user, and if I made art, I'd want characters with traits that remind me of them.

I mean ren and stimpy are gay

I wish APC wasn't canon.

canada is one of the most vile degenerate places in all the earth

>I thought john K was gay
Same, I can't help but think that based on his art style.

The thought never occurred to me.

His obsession with grotesque imagery and body hair was what led me to think that. Also, Ren & Stimpy didn't have that many sexualized female characters that a lot of hetero male animators seem to draw for a living.

There were some vids of him included as extras on the adult party cartoon DVD, some of the have women who worked on the show and he makes sexual comments that made them visibly weirded out

Also word is that Katie rice, who idolized him at one point, stopped working with him due to sexual harassment.

The way he depicts males in his cartoons is supposed to be overly masculine on purpose, and I don't think it has to do with any underlying fetishes necessarily.

That makes sense, but in general (outside of R&S) John does draw a lot of sexy women.

Yes, but one could be led to think that based on Ren & Stimpy alone, as I was.

Right. I think he's just sort of a weird guy who acts in a really bold and masculine manner to try and cover that up, and his eccentricities show in his work.

I think Bjork is ugly. She looks like somebody who would smell bad.

Why? I could imagine that for someone like Grimes or Alice Glass, but Bjork?

I think you're spot on here, his art reeks of overcompensation in stylized form.

Yeah, still love it though. It's just so, him, and I respect him for that. I probably feel that way cause I'm a bit of a weird guy myself though.

He is a fan of Jamie Hewlett, so I believe that.

bump

One thing I really like about that picture is her hardened nipple. Ren really knows how to please em'.

Yea I imagine her smelling like gross sweat.

Sounds sexy.

3 pics of iggyXbowie in 1 day

It's cannon on Sup Forums or something?

They were a very cute couple.

John K. is a straight guy with massive Daddy issues.

case in point
johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2012/06/happy-fathers-day.html

Holy fucking shit dude.

bump

I don't want this thread to die.