Spain and Portugal

What is the relationship between these countries? Are they close and see each other as close or do they hate each other?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s06a30YLMqIZ
vocaroo.com/i/s1Ad1ceMWgwE
youtube.com/watch?v=P_jU8knC5ns
youtube.com/watch?v=vcOj-w3fDPU
youtube.com/watch?v=IuuBLBWk-BY
youtube.com/watch?v=u17_u3q7JIc
youtube.com/watch?v=p1B3abRJg6w
youtube.com/watch?v=8fJJ6fAt2DE
los40.com/lista40/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's a hate fuck relation

Literally nobody hates Portugal here. When something good happens to them (EC, Eurovision, whatever), Spaniards rejoice.

its similar to the relationship between estonia and congo

Its like USA and canada. One of them speaks spanish. :^)

lol

Finland bringing the heat

don't bully the fat kid or I'll tell the mods

We like to banter due to historical reasons but we call and consider them nuestros hermanos.
kek

Good post

But really, is there a difference?

sim

si

"Countries"
No such thing the nation is same of people there is no different nation in porto and spen

and here comes the chicano wih his amerindian nose

tsu*

Ayyy

>What is the relationship between these countries?
Spain is tsundere towards Portugal

Finland brings the heat

Spain is the go-to "I hate them" country, mostly because their language sounds like a very hysterical Portuguese. But you'd be hard-pressed to find someone that doesn't hate French and Germans more.

We're like the two old farts on the retirement home that have had our time, and younger kids have already replaced and we keep bickering at each other for past shit and how much we hate each other, but we don't want the other one to die or we'd be alone, and all we really want is for some recognition of the time we we're young a virile, instead of being dismissed for crazy when we talk about when WE WUZ.

But we really fucking wuz, for a while longer before everyone else, too, and it wuz fucking great.

>thread not created by an american flag
color me surprised

Portugal is tsundere towards Spain. We pretend to dislike them, but in truth they're the european country we care about the most, besides our own.

No.
We like England the most.
And maybe ukraine

asspain if mierda pura, madrid castellanos all perros de mierda, burros cabrones ffuck 5pa1n

Portugal is cool, heróis do mar, nobre povo

ukraine? why would we care about ukraine?

Because i'm ukrainy

>they're the european country we care about the most, besides our own.
NO, it's the UK.
Algarve is almost a colony of Britain. About 30% of Algarve pop. must be British.

REEEEEEE GIVE GALICIA

GALICIA IS RIGHTFUL PORTUGUESE CLAY

*Galiza

*Gaza

spain is your greatest ally pic very related

>you don't hear of it happening in Portugal
It definitely does.

Except your worst chavs probably don't know Portugal even exists, so they never end up here.

beautiful words

>mostly because their language sounds like a very hysterical Portuguese
And spaniards are thinking that you sounds like "slav spanish".
Funny.

I think both perspectives are fair from the biased point of view of each other.

>It definitely does.
well yeah british tourists will be british tourists. everyone knows of portugal, it's just held in a higher regard than spain

It's pretty hard to take Spaniards seriously with their meme speak, I guess.

Portuguese at the very least sounds austere and possibly drunk.

May i pass as a local?
vocaroo.com/i/s06a30YLMqIZ

Not really. You're opening your vowels a little bit. But I think it's just because you don't know what sounds you're supposed to make, even if you know how to make it:

vocaroo.com/i/s1Ad1ceMWgwE

Your accent defaults to Euro Portuguese, not Brazilian Portuguese, with is interesting and flattering.

It may sound vaguely polish to your Russian ears because of the nasal sounds in "quando" and "criança", but I usually get told that it sounds more like Russian otherwise by foreigners. Maybe because Russian is more widely known in general, though.

>british tourists

I thought that was a meme about Germans, not Brits. Brits are the drunk ones on late nights.

I'm actually learning Spanish because of Spanish speaking family, Portuguese is next though. South America is overdue a boost
wherever we are we must also beat the krauts

Heh didn't know we still had an ukra diaspora. You guys are alright. But bring more girls pls. Ukra girls are such qts.

I don't think we care that much about ukrainian culture and politics as we do for spen though.

Got it.
Thanks!

so you want to learn european portuguese huh?

Come on Jaílson, let us have at least one.

I'm learning that my teacher said me to learn (she's brazilian).

you're already european and master race, you don't need more
hm

>relationship between these countries
there's almost 0, really in summer some people go there, I think they have a nice campings and is cheap, they have also historically a cheap cloth industry, other than that nobody know a shit about them, ofc other than all the soccer thing, if you ask nobody can tell here who is ini charge or name an actor or singer from there, but hey the language is easy to understand, and no I'm not from Galicia and I understand somehow portuguese

continue from ofc we have deals to infraextructure business and things like that and they are our best ally after USA Italy and France now

>if you ask nobody can tell here who is ini charge or name an actor or singer from there
Yeah, I can't name any Spanish actor that an American wouldn't. We don't really have any artistic exchanges.

>who is ini charge or name an actor or singer from there
we also have a bit of trouble with that one

Really, we don't have cultural exchange, the only singer that I know from there is Amália Rodrigues and she died 20 years ago

No way

She's the meme fado singer for people that don't know that Fado isn't from Lisbon, and that the best fado is not sung unless you're a university student leaving the best years of your life to go back home with your parents. The best fado is played intead:

youtube.com/watch?v=P_jU8knC5ns

Brazilian Portuguese sounds like shit

we have a lot of trouble exporting our culture even towards countries most ethnically similar to ours, let alone the rest of the world

brazilians aren't any better than you in naming our artists

Not when they speak slowly or softly instead of shrieking.

It's the mum-Portuguese, sweet and warm and friendly, to our austere and stern and stoic dad-Portuguese.

when i read comments like that i feel bad but then i hear some old anime music and you can fuck off
youtube.com/watch?v=vcOj-w3fDPU

I only know her because she singed here from time to time with old singers from here
youtube.com/watch?v=IuuBLBWk-BY
youtube.com/watch?v=u17_u3q7JIc

And played by a girl
youtube.com/watch?v=p1B3abRJg6w
youtube.com/watch?v=8fJJ6fAt2DE

I get it. She was the state-backed celebrity for a long-ass time. I just don't like here a tonne because I don't much care for Lisbon fado. It's too melodramatic about trivial things. Coimbra fado is more felt, I think.

Guess where I'm from.

:)

Better to have trouble exporting your culture than let a galician guy sell the gipsy culture of southern spain and bullfighting

You don't watch eurovision?

you mean julio iglesias?

Nice.

no, sorry I know you win and we get 4 or 5 points from you ofc, but don't even know who was the guy

No, i meant Franco

also this is one of the most popular radio stations in Spain
los40.com/lista40/

He was a literally who here too and now people go crazy over the sound of his name. The guy is totally chill but doesn't seem to like the fame that much.
I really like his voice and way of singing, therefore I hope he doesn't fade back into obscurity.

His sister, who wrote the song, was already fairly popular though, but not nearly one of our most popular musicians.

For spanish singers, apart from the worldwide famous Enrique Iglesias, I only recognize Barei, and that's only because of last year's eurovision. Since eurovision has lately been a dead event for us until this year, I don't think many people here know her.

You all are just Southern Galicians anyway.

We see spaniards as brother's