HMV refuses to sell new Morrissey album due to offensive sleeve art

So the album art for Morrissey's new lp has just been released and a HMV spokesperson has said they will refuse to sell it (in the UK). Do you guys think it was bad of Morrissey to put a child with an axe outside Buckingham Palace as cover art? Or do you think HMV are just cunts?
Source:
spin.com/2017/09/morrissey-low-in-high-school-album-art-leak/
morrissey-solo.com/threads/low-in-high-school-album-cover-posted-by-linder-on-instagram.140640/
Also general Morrissey thread

They should sell it
But it's a shitty cover

Isn't Morrissey dying of cancer? Bowie had Blackstar, Cohen had You Want It Darker. Morrissey's going to kick off and leave us with THIS.

He had throat cancer but I think he's cancer free now.

HMV are being stupid cunts. I bought a Blind Faith CD from there once and they sell stuff like Rage Against the Machine's first LP and the like, so why THIS is the thing that goes too far I don't understand

Is "Republicanism" in the UK a popular idea or some kind of radical fringe?

Morrissey paid the spokesperson to say that to get press.

Most polls show it as less popular than keeping the monarchy, but it's far from a fringe group, it tends to vary from about 10-30% on most polls I've seen

i didn't even know he was still making music lmao

Outrage culture in Britain is making me laugh. What a shitty country

This, same with the yanks. Glad shits somewhat normal here in canada

It's not exclusive to Britain tbf

>implying

>Conservatives: Snowflakes are so easily triggered these days. Grow a pair of balls!
>Also conservatives: Wahhh, ban this album cover that hurts my fee-fees!!!!

>Implying im alt right
>Implying they arent just as annoying

Source of HMV CEO Ian Topping being a Conservative?

If you had told me HMV had shut down 2 years ago I would have smiled and nodded politely.

They did shut down a tonne of their stores like 2 or 3 years ago

Maintaining and respecting the monarchy is a conservative standpoint, and the album cover is clearly 'offending' that.

They packed up and left canada this year

It's not exclusively conservative

the lads at my local hmv are great, go there regularly. usually discuss the albums or movies that i'm buying with them. ik one of them's quite a big smiths fan (probably morrissey aswell) so he'll be pretty disappointed with this.
truly baffling decision tho, there's movie and albums and posters with lewd pictures of women or people with guns etc as the cover, but this is apparently not okay? obviously it coincides with the whole terrorism thing today, but now there's only going to be more controversy.

I'm so queen I piss tea

a similar thing happened in the past
>The album cover art uses an original painting, Stare (2005), by Jenny Saville, who also contributed artwork for The Holy Bible. The top four UK supermarkets stocked the CD in a plain slipcase, after the cover was deemed "inappropriate".[12] Bradfield said the decision was "utterly bizarre", and commented: "You can have lovely shiny buttocks and guns everywhere in the supermarket on covers of magazines and CDs, but you show a piece of art and people just freak out."[12] The album cover was placed second in a 2009 poll for Best Art Vinyl.[13]

Since when has the maintenance of unjust hierarchy been left wing?

Clutching your pearls at any criticism of the monarchy is, though.

doesnt get much more conservative than wanting to a monarchy for its novelty value

DUDE FUCK THE ALL WHITE """"""ROYAL""""""" FAMILY LMAO

I don't get it, what's so offensive about it?

I really, really love this album art. It's such a beautiful painting. When I listen to this album on a device that shows the album art I always end up staring at it for a really long time. I really love Jenny Saville's art.

It really is a great cover, and album
Jackie Collins Existential Question Time is one of my all time favourite songs.

I mean, the album's gonna suck so it's not like he's missing out on much.

t. Mohammed Fayed

Save it, it's all yours my friend :)

He's a CEO.

> just rejected oxbridge collage six times

He's a Royalist.